UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Keenan's fathers letter (copy and pasted)

1/16/13 1:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shaqitup
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 
reverend john - From what I have heard Keenan is not leaving

rev

Was posted in another thread that he blocked his family on facebook and the girl that was just raped is staying with TLI.

Hopefully both of those change in the long run.  

These are the kind of things that actually make it look like a cult.

A woman stays after getting raped in that environment.

A boy/man shuts out his family for his "family".

I'm kind of tired of these people acting like they're more than friends with each other, "omg we're so close, and we've been through so much", yeah we call that a friend.
1/16/13 1:39 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cult is exactly right

Upon competing 16 classes, you enter the Black Belt Update phase of your training at Lloyd Irvin's Martial Arts. Your instructors will conduct a series of evaluations and tests to determine if you qualify for advance training in the Combat Gold Club. If you qualify, you will be invited to join the Combat Gold Club. Train hard and good luck! 

What is the Combat Gold Club?

The Combat Gold Club is comprised of students committed to the goal of black belt. By the rank of blue belt a student should make the commitment to black belt and join the Combat Gold Club. We predict that over 90 percent of our students will be BBC members or BBC graduates.

Who can qualify for the Combat Gold Club? 

To qualify, a student must complete 16 classes or above and have Master Lloyd's approval.

How do I get recommended?

To qualify for advance training beyond your trial year, you must:

1. Have set the goal of black belt.
  2. Have regular belt exam participation.
  3. Super attitude in BJJ and have a positive attitude towards life.
  4. Demonstrate the qualities of Black Belt Excellence in and out of the school.
  5. Have a very high level of enthusiasm for BJJ class.
  6. Support school functions.
  7. Have good attendance and eagerness to make up absences.
  8. Be current with tuition payments.
  9. You must be a true representation of Team Lloyd Irvin

What are the benefits of the Combat Gold Club?

Lloyd Irvin's Martial Arts Academy is a Black Belt School and when a student makes the commitment to black belt they are past the trial stage. They become part of our school with the following privileges:

1. 15% discounts on all school equipment, merchandise, and special events.
  2. Able to attend extra classes and seminars available to Combat Gold Club members only.
  3. Special Combat Gold Club patch.
  4. Able to attend our special National Combat Gold Club events.
  5. Able to attend special technique classes geared for the BBC.

What is the Soldiers of Submissions? 

First rule about the Soldiers of Submissions is that we don't talk about the S.O.S. Once you're on the Combat Gold Club and you have what it takes someone will talk to you about the Soldiers of Submission. Those that gain entrance into this elite group must have the will and desire of a True Champion. This group isn't for everyone and for this reason we don't speak about it.

Do you have what it takes?

Become a member of the National Combat Gold Club 
at Lloyd Irvin's Martial Arts!

1/16/13 1:50 PM
shaqitup
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daredevil73 - Seriously, this is a cult. Not a BJJ team. You have a "Master." They isolate you from their family and tell you that they are your family now. They control what you can or can't say. It's scary. Just plain scary.

It's not like they have lifelong bonds or any of that garbage either.

He's trained there for 2 years.
1/16/13 2:03 PM
SMACDADDY
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had no idea Tom Callos was Keenan's dad. Crazy. I used to read all of Callos's articles years ago during his West Coast TKD days when he wrote advice articles for school owners in MA Professional (I think that was the name of it).
1/16/13 2:05 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
cheesesteak - 
reverend john - From what I have heard Keenan is not leaving

rev

Wow...So TLI have manipulates the kid into thinking his family are just haters...He is going to choose a bjj team over his family.

I hope every time Keenan throws up the LI sign he gets booed. He could go to so many teams...It's a shame.

They have to have some sort of dirt on the kid,.  You wouldn't think that a kid would choose a group of people, which includes rapists over his own family.  That's pretty messed up.

actually I just think he may be young and impressionable and possibly brainwashed into thinking he needs to be part of TLI...He seems to think of Lloyd as "Master" and probably thinks he needs to be in an elite club of aspiring BBJ students, "the medal chasers" or "the grappling assassins" or whatever....But what Keenan may not know is that grappling greats spawn out of any good school with good training partners and more importantly the will to be the best...You don't need to be part of team "raa raa" or anything like that. keenan could go anywhere reputable and be a bjj powerhouse.

Lloyd has him brainwashed. It's kind of obvious this video. This kid should listed to his Dad. i know it's cliche, but his father is right.
1/16/13 2:31 PM
6ULDV8

^Yeah, that's fucked up.

1/16/13 2:36 PM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - Wait, Keenan blocked his family on Facebook?
I could believe it...he's a kid. At that stage in life most kids are selfish/self-centered.. Its all me me me.

He will look back one day and regret the way he treated his kin. Family is forever. Phone Post
1/16/13 2:36 PM
Fabes
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Tom seems like a very bright guy. Phone Post
1/16/13 2:40 PM
reverend john
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What I have found to be a very effective way to influence young people is to tell them they should do what their parents say...

rev
1/16/13 3:08 PM
socal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post by Tom
1/16/13 3:13 PM
lockon
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
1/16/13 3:25 PM
SOO72

disbeliever - Wait, Keenan blocked his family on Facebook?

If so and if he is staying with that half illiterate master after all that has recently been revealed about him and his team members, then his career is basically over. The story about LI and MA and company IS getting out into the mainstream. Sad.

1/16/13 3:31 PM
6ULDV8

TTT

1/16/13 3:36 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen some of the other Lloyd Irvin videos where he rants for an hour. But, he is one inarticulate son of a bitch. Like a cross between stuttering John and Kanye West.
1/16/13 3:43 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said points in the letter. That is a shame to hear about Facebook. Looking back some of the advise I rejected when I was younger, well I regret not taking it, but at least I was equipped with it and what needed to be said was put out. Eventually I heeded. Phone Post
1/16/13 3:44 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, it is a cult Phone Post
1/16/13 3:55 PM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just b/c he blocked them on facebook doesn't mean anything. perhaps he just didn't want them creating any more controversy on his page?

with that being said...it would really be sad if he turns his back on his family for TLI.

also...I'd like to read more of Tom Callos' stuff...those posts were really great and he seems like he's got his priorities right
1/16/13 3:59 PM
dhughes
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a lot of things to say in the Avellan thread and several other threads but it seems the owners of this forum have decided to do their part to bury the story. Sad...everything about this.

Would never give any of these scum any of my business nor will I give any of my money in the future to anyone choosing to affiliate with them or cover up their dark secrets.
1/16/13 4:26 PM
T-Ham
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty sad he's staying.

1/16/13 4:29 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In divorce proceedings, good judges remind the people that they are joined for life because children need two parents.  Any leader with a sense of what's most important in life would encourage a young man to make peace with his family.  Those nutjobs are likely doing the opposite, which is one more repulsive display in a parade of horribles

1/16/13 4:44 PM
Cojendo

T-Ham -

Just to make it clear to anyone who isn't 100% clear on all the players involved (myself included to an extent): is it Keenan's sister who was raped by two of his teammates, allegedly, and he is staying at that gym?

This is honestly hard for me to wrap my mind around if this is how I understand it.

If I got a detail wrong please delete or I will when I get to my computer. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:46 PM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/16/13 4:52 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cojendo - 
T-Ham -

Just to make it clear to anyone who isn't 100% clear on all the players involved (myself included to an extent): is it Keenan's sister who was raped by two of his teammates, allegedly, and he is staying at that gym?

This is honestly hard for me to wrap my mind around if this is how I understand it.

If I got a detail wrong please delete or I will when I get to my computer. Phone Post

No, his sister was merely speaking up about it

1/16/13 5:04 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

Keenan and the rape victim are staying at TLI after all this... Mind.Blown.
1/16/13 5:11 PM
groundfighter2000
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlyingSubsOnly - Keenan and the rape victim are staying at TLI after all this... Mind.Blown.

wait , what?! the victim is staying with TLI????????!!!!!!!!1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.