UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> donald hoover(fraud)

1/16/13 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
boulder40
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those that didn't know: here is a list of all of Donald Hoover's "fights" in Chronological fight order:
(a)= Ammy
(P)pro...
check out the flip flopping
10/14/2006 Donald Hoover makes his Mma debut fighting not once but twice in the same night:

10/14/2006
W/vs. James Adams(a)
10/14/2006
L/vs. Ricky duncan(a)
12/11/2006
W/vs. William Wilcox (Pro)
01/16/2007
W/vs. Arthur brooks(a)
02/13/2007
W/vs. Chris hubbard(p)
03/20/2007
W/vs. Dustin dennison(p)
11/10/2007
W/vs. Dustin dennison(a)
YES THAT'S RIGHT HE FOUGHT THE SAME GUY TWICE ONCE FOR MONEY AND A SECOND TIME FOR FREE...I'd like to point out that both ended the same way and in the exact same time as well(weird)
03/16/2008
W/vs. James sizemore(a)
05/03/2008
W/vs. Zach smith(a)
07/21/2008
W/vs. abner contreras (a)
08/03/2008
W/vs. James Ellis (p)
09/13/2008
W/vs. brad kelly(p)
09/26/2008
L/vs. Anthony waldridge(p)
All of thes fights with the exception of 2 happened on Indiana ring rumble shows(which Hoover was the promoter or co promoter of. The 2 that didn't were urban gladiators(which was his show) and the lfc(which he was matchmaking for at the time)... I know at least one of these fights didn't happen because I fought on a card the same night in Muncie and he was there.
Now some of you on here might say this is fighter bashing, but i assure you it isnt. in order to be fighter bashing i would have to be talking about a fighter....this guy is about as much of a fighter as i am a lightweight. yes did fight once in an ammy show here in indy back in like o5-06 and got beat pretty easily. he even went as far as to have a 17-3 shirt made at one time
1/16/13 1:36 PM
Ronin_jutsuka
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tatakai Fightwear, President
I am not going to say anything against him, but I do find it interesting he has been bouncing between ammy and pro.

There could be a logical explanation for this though, it could be something as simple as a state still has him listed as an amateur and another has him listed as a pro. It could be that Kirik has entered in some of his fights incorrectly. It could be that there are two people with the same name in the same weight class, causing the commission(s) to get confused as who is fighting (I would be pissed if I was the fighter not getting credit for fights).

If he is bouncing back and forth, that is a pretty shady thing to do (I thought that wasn't allowed). Phone Post
1/16/13 11:41 PM
boulder40
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronin_jutsuka - I am not going to say anything against him, but I do find it interesting he has been bouncing between ammy and pro.

There could be a logical explanation for this though, it could be something as simple as a state still has him listed as an amateur and another has him listed as a pro. It could be that Kirik has entered in some of his fights incorrectly. It could be that there are two people with the same name in the same weight class, causing the commission(s) to get confused as who is fighting (I would be pissed if I was the fighter not getting credit for fights).

If he is bouncing back and forth, that is a pretty shady thing to do (I thought that wasn't allowed). Phone Post
Though you bring up valid points none of which have to do with him..I know him personally and he has been pulling shit since early years of Mma in Indy.. He also said he was friends with joe silva and would exchange texts back and forth. He even went as far as to show me one once.the guy just really gets me pissed because he gets these newer fighters and talks a good game and gets them to buy into him and they are stuck with him when he has them sign a contract.. Like I said in my original post all the shows he" fought" on we're shows he put on and the guys he "beat" were his own guys Phone Post
1/16/13 11:49 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isnt it highly illegal to go from ammy to pro and back to ammy? As in promoters AND fighters will lose their liscenses?

1/17/13 7:42 AM
mmaguy30
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN
1/17/13 8:26 AM
illini89i
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There were quite a few like this here in Indiana before sanctioning took over. That pretty much took care of them, if they did fight after sanctioning, it was only once, and usually ended badly. Phone Post
1/17/13 8:32 AM
illini89i
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey boulder40, did he do something recently? Why bring this up now?
Also, when you fighting again bro? Phone Post
1/17/13 8:36 AM
Fabes
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
He's been a fraud for years. Phone Post
1/17/13 5:52 PM
boulder40

illini89i - Hey boulder40, did he do something recently? Why bring this up now?
Also, when you fighting again bro? Phone Post
Yeah he is on a forum of sorta on Facebook calling out anyone an he was "scheduled to fight" numerous times within the last year ad something always comes up.. I just don't want new ppl to te sport to fall for his shit and am frankly tired of his consist "check out my record I fought" shot he pulls when I know for a fact that he didn't fight ANY of those times... As far as flip flopping. I was "pro" then Ammy again.. Only due to the fact that I was turned pro because I got paid ticket sales and so they qualified it as pro when it shouldn't have been them I got injured and was out for 6 months and took 3 warm up fights before going pro legit Phone Post
1/17/13 5:55 PM
boulder40

And I know it's prolly asking much seeing how his "fights" were a few years ago but I'd like his record looked at and corrected Phone Post
1/17/13 6:01 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a friend from indiana who came and stayed with me in europe years ago, hed received some money as an ammy so couldnt fight in indiana, but was fighting in a couple of other states as an ammy, before he went pro.. seems funny my friend couldnt fight in Indiana as an ammy because hed received some money from sales or something and this guy could...

I also know another fighter who had three amateur fights turned pro on his record by a boxing licensing board in exchange for refing an event when they were stuck back in the day.. but taht wasnt indiana

1/17/13 10:34 PM
Gator Choke
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoover was running his own promotion there too.
1/17/13 11:04 PM
Drugs_Delaney
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

submariner
1/17/13 11:48 PM
tylerthebear
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - He's been a fraud for years. Phone Post
I liked it when he said he got his black belt from Gurgel because he subbed Jorge in a minute :). Phone Post
1/17/13 11:49 PM
tylerthebear
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boulder40 - For those that didn't know: here is a list of all of Donald Hoover's "fights" in Chronological fight order:
(a)= Ammy
(P)pro...
check out the flip flopping
10/14/2006 Donald Hoover makes his Mma debut fighting not once but twice in the same night:

10/14/2006
W/vs. James Adams(a)
10/14/2006
L/vs. Ricky duncan(a)
12/11/2006
W/vs. William Wilcox (Pro)
01/16/2007
W/vs. Arthur brooks(a)
02/13/2007
W/vs. Chris hubbard(p)
03/20/2007
W/vs. Dustin dennison(p)
11/10/2007
W/vs. Dustin dennison(a)
YES THAT'S RIGHT HE FOUGHT THE SAME GUY TWICE ONCE FOR MONEY AND A SECOND TIME FOR FREE...I'd like to point out that both ended the same way and in the exact same time as well(weird)
03/16/2008
W/vs. James sizemore(a)
05/03/2008
W/vs. Zach smith(a)
07/21/2008
W/vs. abner contreras (a)
08/03/2008
W/vs. James Ellis (p)
09/13/2008
W/vs. brad kelly(p)
09/26/2008
L/vs. Anthony waldridge(p)
All of thes fights with the exception of 2 happened on Indiana ring rumble shows(which Hoover was the promoter or co promoter of. The 2 that didn't were urban gladiators(which was his show) and the lfc(which he was matchmaking for at the time)... I know at least one of these fights didn't happen because I fought on a card the same night in Muncie and he was there.
Now some of you on here might say this is fighter bashing, but i assure you it isnt. in order to be fighter bashing i would have to be talking about a fighter....this guy is about as much of a fighter as i am a lightweight. yes did fight once in an ammy show here in indy back in like o5-06 and got beat pretty easily. he even went as far as to have a 17-3 shirt made at one time
Yea I fought on a few of them cards too. One was the night me and Adam fought. Never seen Hoover fight at anytime. Phone Post
1/18/13 6:12 AM
Fabes

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
tylerthebear -
I liked it when he said he got his black belt from Gurgel because he subbed Jorge in a minute :). Phone Post
That seems totally reasonable.

lol Phone Post
1/18/13 8:27 AM
baby-silverback
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boulder, who are you? Phone Post
1/18/13 9:31 AM
tylerthebear

Fabes -
tylerthebear -
That seems totally reasonable.

lol Phone Post
I know. That was around 2008 when i was a lurker on here. Also when I was catching onto all his bullshit. Phone Post
1/18/13 9:33 AM
tylerthebear

baby-silverback - Boulder, who are you? Phone Post
If im not mistaken it's Jimmy Jenkins Phone Post
1/18/13 9:59 AM
baby-silverback
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You close to Indiana too ttb? Phone Post
1/18/13 10:18 AM
rufus
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/13 10:26 AM

Sherdog shows him as 3-0 as a pro, and 6-2-1 as an ammy, and doesn't show him bouncing back and forth. 

EDIT

Whoops, sherdog does show him bouncing back and forth between pro and ammy.

1/18/13 10:28 AM
ShawnTheBadger
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - IN

Good. At least this time I won't have to go back and read a 300 page thread after the fact. I can follow along in real time.
1/18/13 11:32 AM
tylerthebear

baby-silverback - You close to Indiana too ttb? Phone Post
Yea. Right outside Richmond Phone Post
1/18/13 11:33 AM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inny Phone Post
1/18/13 11:34 AM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that's Jimmy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.