UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones to Cormier: 'Just do it'

1/16/13 5:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 5:56 PM
Dieting down does not equal cutting weight
1/16/13 5:59 PM
yellow wrkahlc
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if he does make it down to 205, he's not beating Jones.

I don't understand all they hype behind Cormier. He's a terrific athlete, but nothing about his game stands out other than his wrestling. The only win that impressed me was his KO victory over Bigfoot.

1/16/13 6:00 PM
Bipolar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
Bipolar - I feel like I'm missing something here. The weight limit for HW is 265. DC weighed in at 230 for his last fight, yet people are saying that he cut down from around 250 for the weigh-in. But unless he was walking around at a weight in excess of 265, why would he have cut weight for the weigh-in, as the reason for cutting is to make weight? It follows from this that 230 was/is his walk around weight. If that is correct, then he's practically where he needs to be in order to cut to 205 right now, although he might be wise to lose about 10-15 more lbs to be on the safe side.

So what am I missing? Did he really cut down to 230 his last fight or not? And if he did, why?

Who said he's been cutting while at HW (from 250 to 230).

My mistake. I misread someone's post. They mentioned him weighing around 250, but they were apparently talking about him at this weight at some other time, not recently. Apologies.
1/16/13 6:07 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

I don't understand all they hype behind Cormier. He's a terrific athlete, but nothing about his game stands out other than his wrestling. The only win that impressed me was his KO victory over Bigfoot.

Nothing is for certain, fren. I think the reason people believe he could win is that he has legitimate wrestling credentials and has proven knock out power.
1/16/13 6:09 PM
yellow wrkahlc
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Nothing is for certain, fren. I think the reason people believe he could win is that he has legitimate wrestling credentials and has proven knock out power.

Jones is blacker than Cormier.

Everyone knows that means he's the better athlete.

1/16/13 6:14 PM
slamming

Nucky - 

He's a tremendous athlete but he can't make 205 to save his life.

Cash bet?
1/16/13 6:16 PM
Tank by gogoplata

yellow wrkahlc - 
Tank by gogoplata - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

nothing stops high level blathleticism!
1/16/13 6:17 PM
Tank by gogoplata

LOL at cash bet.
1/16/13 6:19 PM
Tank by gogoplata

rofl always!
1/16/13 6:23 PM
elburrogrande
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - 
LilBrockonmychest - 
Bipolar - I feel like I'm missing something here. The weight limit for HW is 265. DC weighed in at 230 for his last fight, yet people are saying that he cut down from around 250 for the weigh-in. But unless he was walking around at a weight in excess of 265, why would he have cut weight for the weigh-in, as the reason for cutting is to make weight? It follows from this that 230 was/is his walk around weight. If that is correct, then he's practically where he needs to be in order to cut to 205 right now, although he might be wise to lose about 10-15 more lbs to be on the safe side.

So what am I missing? Did he really cut down to 230 his last fight or not? And if he did, why?

Who said he's been cutting while at HW (from 250 to 230).

It has been mentioned several times in this thread. But as I said, that doesn't make any sense.

he was cutting from upwards of 250 in the olympics. its a different story now. he is only 230lbs. those that think its impossible to make 205 from there have no experience cutting weight.
1/16/13 6:24 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Edited: 01/16/13 7:29 PM
Nucky - 
Tank by gogoplata - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
Tank by gogoplata - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

nothing stops high level blathleticism!

Always bet on Black - wesley snipes.

The darker you are, the more likely you are to reach success and failure.

1/16/13 7:28 PM
Tank by gogoplata

Mike Vickin it!
1/16/13 9:26 PM
ufcman187

"Jones must successfully defend his throne against Chael Sonnen at UFC 159, while Cormier has to make his big league debut in triumphant fashion against Frank Mir on April 20th"

Or talk a lot of shit, miss a press conference, get suspended for smoking marijuana, and then fake a retirement ! I heard this works too.
1/17/13 9:13 AM
Tank by gogoplata

Bro, get your Diaz hate out of a good thread.
1/17/13 9:26 AM
parker2004

EG6 - I can't believe it, but I find myself actually agreeing with JJ for once lol
Same. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.