1/16/13 2:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BJJZONE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can't he wear? Phone Post
1/16/13 2:41 PM
shaqitup
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either they didn't pay the UFC sponsorship money, or Nike doesn't want any of its rivals involved in the Octagon.

I know GSP is sponsored by under armor, which may be Nike's biggest rival in terms of workout gear, but does he ever wear anything underarmor, or the logo inside the octagon?
1/16/13 2:46 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - Either they didn't pay the UFC sponsorship money, or Nike doesn't want any of its rivals involved in the Octagon.

I know GSP is sponsored by under armor, which may be Nike's biggest rival in terms of workout gear, but does he ever wear anything underarmor, or the logo inside the octagon?
Yes he wears underarmour shorts with the logo around the band Phone Post
1/16/13 3:21 PM
FCFBlazer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think I've seen GSP wearing the UA logo in cage? Phone Post
1/16/13 3:27 PM
BJJZONE

Hmm Phone Post
1/16/13 3:37 PM
12SixElbow
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never seen GSP in UA.

Either way, lol @ UA being bigger competition than Reebok.

UA doesn't even do a billion dollars a year...

Reebok did 5 billion last year, its parent company Adidas did 14 billion.

Nike is sitting about 24 billion.... You think 800 million UA is a bigger threat than Reebok/Adidas?

1/16/13 3:55 PM
Willin
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage's camp should sneak a reebok shirt in to wear for the post fight speech should he win. What is the UFC gonna fine him a few grand? Who cares- the exposure they gain will help with all of the media coverage of Quinton leaving the UFC plus any controversy/headlines from Dana fining him. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:29 PM
BJJZONE

No large brands in oct. but Nike right. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:00 PM
SupesUp
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure there are negotiations that go into these things. There's no way reebok and rampage had things all signed up and rampage showed up for work one day and dana was like no sorry can't wear that.
I'm sure he knew when he was signing with a new sponsor that he'd have to run it by the brass and they likely said you can't wear that in the ring and rampage would have the choice on whether or not to take the sponsor or not.
New rampage just loves to bitch. He probably got sponsored by reebok knowing he couldn't wear the stuff just to add to his poor me story. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:00 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Never seen GSP in UA.

Either way, lol @ UA being bigger competition than Reebok.

UA doesn't even do a billion dollars a year...

Reebok did 5 billion last year, its parent company Adidas did 14 billion.

Nike is sitting about 24 billion.... You think 800 million UA is a bigger threat than Reebok/Adidas?

Adidas is the definitely the rival for Nike Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.