UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett: 'I don't really care' who I fight next

1/16/13 3:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Stephie Daniels: Speaking of money and interest, many people want to see you in the UFC. Are you any closer to putting the ink to the paper on that deal?

Josh Barnett: No idea.

Stephie Daniels: Are you being courted by other organizations? One would imagine that several of these promoters are positively salivating at the prospect of signing you to their brand.

Josh Barnett: Well, I haven't had to wash off any saliva from my pants yet [laughs]. I wouldn't be surprised if my manager is hotly debating with many folks.

Stephie Daniels: Are there any sticking points that you've laid out for your manager for contract negotiations, or do you pretty much leave it in his hands?

Josh Barnett: There is some discourse about what is acceptable and what isn't, but I do feel like my manager and I are on the same page.

Stephie Daniels: If all things fell into place, and you do end up in the UFC, is there somebody you'd like to meet in the octagon first?

Josh Barnett: Not really [laughs]. I don't really care.

read entire interview...

1/16/13 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Insightful interview.
1/16/13 4:26 PM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warmaster Phone Post
1/16/13 4:42 PM
tom gunning
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: I hope my manager gets me an easy fight against someone who won't give me much of a challenge but which will nonetheless secure me a large paycheck, as that is the lifestyle to which I have grown accustomed the past 7 years.
1/16/13 8:28 PM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good interview, great questions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.