UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC could end Eddies lawsuit with Bellator

1/16/13 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
victorpoprock
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The sticking point is ppv percentages. Bellator told Eddie they would give him ppv percentages on their ppvs as well. They can easily agree to this since they dont do ppvs so no money is coming out of their pockets.

If the UFC would submit a new offer to Eddie guaranteeing to offer him at least 2 ppv fights a year, then Bellator wouldnt be able to match that offer. Phone Post
1/16/13 4:11 PM
Malagant
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Bellator is going to be doing PPV's and you have no idea about any of this stuff which you talk about.
1/16/13 4:12 PM
Pat Giles
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm. Was your law degree from the university of phoenix (online campus)? Phone Post
1/16/13 4:13 PM
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But his join date is 07 and yours is 11 so he must be more knowledgable than you in regards to all things MMA
1/16/13 4:14 PM
mose
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is my understanding that the eddie can't consider another offer from the ufC. One-and-done with regard to the matching rights.

could be wrong though.
1/16/13 4:18 PM
shorebreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC can't re offer shit it's in the courts hands now Phone Post
1/16/13 4:18 PM
shorebreaker420
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mose - It is my understanding that the eddie can't consider another offer from the ufC. One-and-done with regard to the matching rights.

could be wrong though.
My bad I didn't see your post but yea Phone Post
1/16/13 4:30 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 4:39 PM

why would they gaurantee a fringe top 10 guy 2 ppv fights a year?  they might as well just scratch that and simply gaurantee him 400k plus every year on top of everything else.  They obviously came down to the best deal they are gonna make and obviously it was good enough for eddie otherwise he would not have submitted it.

I think If Zuffa didnt want all of this to happen all they would have to do is gaurantee eddie 1 million dollars for every fight he fulfills in 2013 and 2014 that airs on spike in 2013 or 2014. 

Theoretically this guarantee wouldnt cost zuffa anything but would make it impossible for bellator to match.

It seems to me zuffa baited bellator with this deal for many reasons.  possibly to nullify their matching clauses? so they get bad PR?  to send a message to all prospects, managers and coaches thinking about signing with bellator?  to send a message to bellators current roster who'll have to deal with this situation?

or maybe all of the above?

1/16/13 5:36 PM
MediumRareMistake
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paid bellator posters up in this bish Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.