UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> The YouTube Mother Load of Live John Coltrane

1/16/13 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hugomma
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 4:46 PM

Hey guys,

Posting blind (still waiting for my computer at home), but a good buddy of my who's one of the best drummers you've ever heard gave me the heads up on this one. Enjoy!

Personnel:

John Coltrane (Tenor & Soprano Sax).
Wynton Kelly (Piano).
Paul Chambers (Bass).
Jimmy Cobb (Drums).
with guests 
Oscar Peterson (Piano).
Stan Getz (Tenor Sax).

Songs:

1. On Green Dolphin Street.
2. Walkin'.
3. The Theme. 
4. Autumn Leaves.
5. What's New.
6. Autumn In NY.
7. Hackensack.

Cont'd

1/16/13 4:47 PM
hugomma
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-Live in Germany 1961-

Personnel:

Eric Dolphy (Alto Sax & Flute).
McCoy Tyner (Piano).
Reggie Workman (Bass).
Elvin Jones (Drums).

Songs:

1. My Favorite Things.
2. Ev'rytime We Say Goodbye.
3. Impressions.

-Live in Belgium 1965-

Personnel:

McCoy Tyner (Piano).
Jimmy Garrison (Bass).
Elvin Jones (Drums).

Songs:

1. Vigil.
2. Naima.
3. My Favorite Things.

1/16/13 11:03 PM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is awesome... particularly the 1961 footage with Dolphy. Again youtube astounds. It didn't even occur to look that up -- there's a DVD I paid full price for...

http://www.jazzicons.com/ji2_coltrane.html

And VTFU.
1/17/13 11:23 AM
hugomma

Ali - That is awesome... particularly the 1961 footage with Dolphy. Again youtube astounds. It didn't even occur to look that up -- there's a DVD I paid full price for...

http://www.jazzicons.com/ji2_coltrane.html

And VTFU.

You already had this?  Wow...I should've known, LOL.  

I love Dolphy, at some point, when I have my computer back & aren't cyber-deaf, he deserves his own thread.

Did you check out "Icons Among Us"?

1/17/13 11:49 AM
Ali
666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't see "Icons..." yet. I'm having computer troubles, too -- I have my computer, but streaming stuff is crashing every two minutes. I was going to go take it in (and to replace the burner/drive), but someone broke into my car and took my "clicker" that gets me able to park at my building...

Big haul, huh?

Thanks for posting the vid links. If you get to check out the link to the DVD for sale... you'll see there's a pretty long list of "Jazz Icons" DVDs. Maybe most of them are on youtube now, I don't know. Several are really great.
1/17/13 12:55 PM
hugomma

Ali - Didn't see "Icons..." yet. I'm having computer troubles, too -- I have my computer, but streaming stuff is crashing every two minutes. I was going to go take it in (and to replace the burner/drive), but someone broke into my car and took my "clicker" that gets me able to park at my building...

Big haul, huh?

Thanks for posting the vid links. If you get to check out the link to the DVD for sale... you'll see there's a pretty long list of "Jazz Icons" DVDs. Maybe most of them are on youtube now, I don't know. Several are really great.

I looked quickly, but I need to dive into that like like freshly washed, shaved vagina.  Especially if there's other great stuff there. Then I gotta see what's on YouTube & share it with my bros.  Thanks for the heads up.

1/17/13 1:42 PM
hugomma

Found "Wes Montgomery - Live in '65", Full Concert. Will post on another thread. Thanks again Ali.

And I hope the bastard that stole your garage clicker breaks his goddamn fingers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.