UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Manager: Rousey Meant no Disrespect w Sandy Hook

1/16/13 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RickStorm
1603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 6:59 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Ronda Rousey's manager today said the UFC women's bantamweight champ meant no disrespect when she retweeted a video linked to the Sandy Hook Truther Movement.

"Ronda's the kind of person that doesn't take everything at face value, and doesn't have 100 percent faith in all the news that's put out there by the mainstream press," Darin Harvey told MMAjunkie.com

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/manager-ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-meant-no-disrespect-with-sandy-hook-video?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I never wanted to insult
It hurt anyone, just found the video interesting- as did many others . I apologize it was never my intention to insult or be insensitive of the issue http://dlvr.it/2pKSBR
1/16/13 6:59 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, but it was still disrespectful.

She's not 12 years old, she should know better.

1/16/13 6:59 PM
HandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

couldnt she have just tweeted this?

1/16/13 7:00 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damage control time. Has she issued a statement herself, or is her guy reacting to the shitstorm? Phone Post
1/16/13 7:01 PM
RickStorm
1603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HandyDarsh - 

couldnt she have just tweeted this?

She posted this on Facebook, I dont know if she has it on twitter or no 

I never wanted to insult
It hurt anyone, just found the video interesting- as did many others . I apologize it was never my intention to insult or be insensitive of the issue http://dlvr.it/2pKSBR
1/16/13 7:01 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why should she have to censor her tweets? This whole idea of public figures not being allowed to say certain things is fucking retarded, especially when those public figures are athletes in a niche sport. Her views aren't anyone else's, let her question whatever she wants to question. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:02 PM
RickStorm

Zaph -  Damage control time. Has she issued a statement herself, or is her guy reacting to the shitstorm? Phone Post

GRRRR!!!

I hate that!!

1/16/13 7:10 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - Why should she have to censor her tweets? This whole idea of public figures not being allowed to say certain things is fucking retarded, especially when those public figures are athletes in a niche sport. Her views aren't anyone else's, let her question whatever she wants to question. Phone Post
If your income relies on catering to a fanbase, you most definitely should watch your mouth.

Ronda, Chael and all others are going to learn that they aren't stand up comics, they aren't auditioning to replace Bill Maher and that in a niche sport that needs as many buys as possible it's a must you don't turn off anyone who is buying the current product.

It's all in the game and if you want to say anything shocking or express political believes, espouse religious ideologies or go on about conspiracies you should understand you do so at risk of damaging your career. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:12 PM
bruised
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And ... Fuck her. Phone Post
1/16/13 7:14 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -
GriffinQ - Why should she have to censor her tweets? This whole idea of public figures not being allowed to say certain things is fucking retarded, especially when those public figures are athletes in a niche sport. Her views aren't anyone else's, let her question whatever she wants to question. Phone Post
If your income relies on catering to a fanbase, you most definitely should watch your mouth.

Ronda, Chael and all others are going to learn that they aren't stand up comics, they aren't auditioning to replace Bill Maher and that in a niche sport that needs as many buys as possible it's a must you don't turn off anyone who is buying the current product.

It's all in the game and if you want to say anything shocking or express political believes, espouse religious ideologies or go on about conspiracies you should understand you do so at risk of damaging your career. Phone Post
Well that gets into the stupidity of not watching an athlete or entertainer perform because you don't agree with their personal feelings on a matter, but I get what you're saying and understand why that's the case. I just happen to think its very dumb that we expect people to act a certain way just because theyre a professional athlete or an actor or a musician or something Phone Post
1/16/13 7:15 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest, a lot of that stuff about sandy hook is pretty suspect.

I can't quite comprehend the guttural reaction to call down question askers.
What's wrong with getting some concrete answers?
1/16/13 7:17 PM
Letibleu
1615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 
Zaph -  Damage control time. Has she issued a statement herself, or is her guy reacting to the shitstorm? Phone Post

GRRRR!!!

I hate that!!

HA, it had never occured to me. Thanks for pointing it out :p
1/16/13 7:18 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't say that kind of shit when 6 year old children are involved.  She's a grown woman, and as a very well known figure in MMA she has a responsibility to be more respectful.

1/16/13 7:23 PM
R00STER

Well hey, she said "no disrespect" so that makes it ok. lol Phone Post
1/16/13 7:26 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft - 

You don't say that kind of shit when 6 year old children are involved.  She's a grown woman, and as a very well known figure in MMA she has a responsibility to be more respectful.

What did she say? She saw a conspiracy video, said it was interesting. Was there more to the story that I'm missing.
2Fort
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - She meant no disrespect to the victims by saying the entire thing was a hoax? What'd she expect the reaction would be? Poor Torres couldn't even quote a television show on Twitter without getting cut and Rousey gets away with this?

Ronda never said she personally thought it was a hoax, all she said was that the video of people claiming to have proof was interesting.
Tolstolobic

Walk the talk Ronda Phone Post
1/16/13 7:29 PM
MdGeist

Joe_Drogan420 - To be honest, a lot of that stuff about sandy hook is pretty suspect.

I can't quite comprehend the guttural reaction to call down question askers.
What's wrong with getting some concrete answers?

That video didn't ask any questions, it made a bunch of retarted assertions and tried to pass them off as "facts" based on a few discrepancies in the media made during the first few days of the shooting, when there was mass confusion among the media and the witnesses.

Pull your head out of your ass

1/16/13 7:30 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 

Yeah.

But that doesn't mean it's right. It speaks more about the stupidity of the general populace, why the fuck should anyone care if she finds a video "interesting"?

I'll tell you why. It's because you're all stupid. Our culture is geared to cater to stupid people. People who are too stupid to derive anything meaningful from their own lives, so they live vicariously through TV personalities. How the fuck do you think Jersey Shore got so popular? Because the lives of those sub-intelligent, over-tanned monstrosities are more interesting than the lives of their fanbase.

You guys then hold these athletes under such ridiculous scrutiny that every post or tweet is met with a roiling sea of rage coming from one direction or another. When someone is being criticized for simply enjoying something (that, despite what you painty-waists would like to think, doesn't hurt anyone) it proves to me that the weakest of the gene pool were also the most numerous.

So you're right, someone who was very career-conscious wouldn't have posted the video because they'd realize that they'd receive backlash from your stupid asses.
1/16/13 7:31 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't this be moved to conspiracy ground? The other thread about it did.
1/16/13 7:36 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - Shouldn't this be moved to conspiracy ground? The other thread about it did.

Is there a conspiracy about whether or not Rhonda actually said this video was interesting or not?
1/16/13 7:41 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doctor NPD - 
2Fort - 
Doctor NPD - She meant no disrespect to the victims by saying the entire thing was a hoax? What'd she expect the reaction would be? Poor Torres couldn't even quote a television show on Twitter without getting cut and Rousey gets away with this?

Ronda never said she personally thought it was a hoax, all she said was that the video of people claiming to have proof was interesting.

By posting it without something like "LOL this is ridiculous" and saying she thought it was interesting, she isn't exactly condemning it either though.

Look what Torres did to his with a few tweets referencing a TV show. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when Rousey posts things that would send this place into chaos if somebody like GSP said it. Even if what she says is horrifying! If, tomorrow, she tells the press that, like, the Holocaust, or any tragedy is a hoax, nobody panics, because it's all "part of her game." But when Torres says something about a rape van, well then everyone loses their minds!

Torres made jokes about rape. JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

If what Ronda says is "horrifying," then post a quote of what exactly horrified you.
1/16/13 8:06 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm -

GRRRR!!!

I hate that!!

Oops... lol Phone Post
1/16/13 8:19 PM
effinggoof
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don`t follow athletes or other celebrities for info on current events, so I am not offended.

But the Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists are fucking idiots, and pushing that theory is about as tasteful as denying the holocaust.

If she sincerely believes the Sandy Hook conspiracy, then I support her right to speak freely, just as I would support everyones right to point out how moronic and disrespectful that is.

1/16/13 8:28 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 8:34 PM
Ryann Von Doom - 
yellow wrkahlc -

Okay, but it was still disrespectful.

She's not 12 years old, she should know better.

Get the fuck out of here. Seriously, this line of thinking is what's wrong with the world. Phone Post

How so?

Posting a vid that labels a tragic event as a conspiracy is disrespectful to the families involved. She should have known better than to post that, regardless of how "interesting" she thought it was. She's entitled to her opinion on whatever (even something as simple as saying "it's interesting"), but as a public figure, there's things you should and shouldn't do. It's really that simple. People are sensitive towards the subject, if that isn't apparent enough.

All the more reason why this apology is just stupid. I applaud her for not giving a shit what others would say about whatever she does, but she's smarter than that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.