UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Manager: Rousey Meant no Disrespect w Sandy Hook

1/18/13 9:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brockimoth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aint that a kick in the head - Posting a disrespectful video like that is an insult. I yolu cant understand something as simple as that I dont kow what to say. Its false, and full of inncorrect information. Its not interesting, its slanderous.

HOW do you know that retard? because tv told you? fucking jackass sheep
1/18/13 9:44 AM
aint that a kick in the head

Brockimoth - 
aint that a kick in the head - Posting a disrespectful video like that is an insult. I yolu cant understand something as simple as that I dont kow what to say. Its false, and full of inncorrect information. Its not interesting, its slanderous.

My mother in law was the principal. Im not going to sit back while people spew nonsense.

So I think Im pretty qualified to speak on the facts of the case.
1/18/13 9:56 AM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brockimoth - 

If you did any research on the video you would know it's been pretty much debunked. For example, anyone with any experience with guns could tell you right away that wasn't a Bushmaster rifle in the car. Real people on this forum know some of the victims. The vid asserts the parents of some of the kids interviewed on tv were actors. It also asserts one of the dead kids was actually very much alive and posed for a picture with Obama after the shooting. Both have been proven to be bullshit. Nothing in that video had any facts to back up the claims it made. Just a bunch of made up nonsense to hoodwink lazy imbeciles like you. "Derp, I question everything except fact less You Tube videos. Derp." Do some actual critical thinking yourself. Quit being a sheep.
1/18/13 9:57 AM
Magnetic
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -
GriffinQ - Why should she have to censor her tweets? This whole idea of public figures not being allowed to say certain things is fucking retarded, especially when those public figures are athletes in a niche sport. Her views aren't anyone else's, let her question whatever she wants to question. Phone Post
If your income relies on catering to a fanbase, you most definitely should watch your mouth.

Ronda, Chael and all others are going to learn that they aren't stand up comics, they aren't auditioning to replace Bill Maher and that in a niche sport that needs as many buys as possible it's a must you don't turn off anyone who is buying the current product.

It's all in the game and if you want to say anything shocking or express political believes, espouse religious ideologies or go on about conspiracies you should understand you do so at risk of damaging your career. Phone Post
Well that gets into the stupidity of not watching an athlete or entertainer perform because you don't agree with their personal feelings on a matter, but I get what you're saying and understand why that's the case. I just happen to think its very dumb that we expect people to act a certain way just because theyre a professional athlete or an actor or a musician or something Phone Post

Give the Dixie Chicks a call. They lost most of their fans for being anti George Bush.
1/18/13 10:08 AM
victorpoprock
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 - 
Brockimoth - 

If you did any research on the video you would know it's been pretty much debunked. For example, anyone with any experience with guns could tell you right away that wasn't a Bushmaster rifle in the car. Real people on this forum know some of the victims. The vid asserts the parents of some of the kids interviewed on tv were actors. It also asserts one of the dead kids was actually very much alive and posed for a picture with Obama after the shooting. Both have been proven to be bullshit. Nothing in that video had any facts to back up the claims it made. Just a bunch of made up nonsense to hoodwink lazy imbeciles like you. "Derp, I question everything except fact less You Tube videos. Derp." Do some actual critical thinking yourself. Quit being a sheep.

VTFU

1/18/13 10:23 AM
Phil999

effinggoof - I don`t follow athletes or other celebrities for info on current events, so I am not offended.

But the Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists are fucking idiots, and pushing that theory is about as tasteful as denying the holocaust.

If she sincerely believes the Sandy Hook conspiracy, then I support her right to speak freely, just as I would support everyones right to point out how moronic and disrespectful that is.

She didn't say she believed it.
1/18/13 11:02 AM
UGSlapshot

tbi0904 -
Brockimoth - 

Actually asshole I was sick that day lounging around the house and watching in horror as it unfolded.

You know what I saw...

On the news they said let's cut to some live video and they showed the cops pulling it out of the car so what's your NON Conspiracy theory?

Because if you would stop and think for a moment, If it was the Bushmaster if it wasn't doesn't matter. The fact is they did pull a rifle out of the car and they didn't report him having a second rifle.

So Logical intelligent people would have a few questions about that. First they said he had two handguns two days later it was three handguns a week later it was four handguns.

If it wasn't the Bushmaster that they pulled out of the car WTF was it and why is it not being documented?

Somebody the police media or both are not telling us the truth about how many weapons, what type of weapons and where the weapons were, I want to know why. Phone Post
1/18/13 11:10 AM
UGSlapshot

aint that a kick in the head -
Brockimoth - 

My mother in law was the principal. Im not going to sit back while people spew nonsense.

Don't be such a cunt, your mother in laws the principal so now you're some kind of expert on the incident?

My wife's a nurse but I don't think that makes me a surgeon. Phone Post
1/18/13 11:17 AM
DanEzra
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zaph - 
Dazednconfused -  You know what's funny. Even if the conspiracy was right and it was an inside job, most Americans wouldn't even take a look at it or give it a chance because you are so close minded Phone Post

Having an open mind doesn't mean abandoning critical thinking.  Conspiracy fantasies (they're not theories by a long shot) generally require one to do just that in order to believe them.

Conspiracy enthusiasts love to recruit people by calling them sheep/sheeple and telling them to open their eyes/mind and to wake up.  Insecure people eat that shit up and buy right into the stuff in an effort not to be perceived as closed-minded.  To these people, an open mind is one that doesn't get used a lot.

Voted up based on the first sentence alone.

1/18/13 11:24 AM
Neil Funk

It was a retarded tweet to be certain, something someone young and impressionable would do after seeing what was presented in the silly video.

The facts are: she apologized for it. I think she means it, we all know that Ronda doesn't exactly go flip-flop her position as the wind blows. She made a mistake, she said sorry in the right avenues, time to let her be and concentrate on her first UFC fight. Water under the bridge, let us move on.
1/18/13 11:58 AM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanEzra - 
Zaph - 
Dazednconfused -  You know what's funny. Even if the conspiracy was right and it was an inside job, most Americans wouldn't even take a look at it or give it a chance because you are so close minded Phone Post

Having an open mind doesn't mean abandoning critical thinking.  Conspiracy fantasies (they're not theories by a long shot) generally require one to do just that in order to believe them.

Conspiracy enthusiasts love to recruit people by calling them sheep/sheeple and telling them to open their eyes/mind and to wake up.  Insecure people eat that shit up and buy right into the stuff in an effort not to be perceived as closed-minded.  To these people, an open mind is one that doesn't get used a lot.

Voted up based on the first sentence alone.

I second that.
One of the best summaries I've ever seen on why and how conspiracy theories (and theorists, so to speak) work.
1/18/13 12:13 PM

UGSlapshot - 
Brockimoth - 

Don't be such a cunt, your mother in laws the principal so now you're some kind of expert on the incident?

"Dont be such a cunt?"

I certainly didnt resort to name calling like you? I lose someone, come on here to speak against the nonsense that fighters are posting and you call me a cunt? Im going to put you in my prayers tonight.

and yes I am an expert on this.
1/18/13 12:16 PM
RickStorm
1693 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
aint that a kick in the head - 
UGSlapshot - 
Brockimoth - 

"Dont be such a cunt?"

I certainly didnt resort to name calling like you? I lose someone, come on here to speak against the nonsense that fighters are posting and you call me a cunt? Im going to put you in my prayers tonight.

Sorry for your lose

1/18/13 12:26 PM
UGSlapshot

octowussy -
UGSlapshot - 
tbi0904 -
Brockimoth - 

Actually asshole I was sick that day lounging around the house and watching in horror as it unfolded.

You know what I saw...

On the news they said let's cut to some live video and they showed the cops pulling it out of the car so what's your NON Conspiracy theory?

Because if you would stop and think for a moment, If it was the Bushmaster if it wasn't doesn't matter. The fact is they did pull a rifle out of the car and they didn't report him having a second rifle.

So Logical intelligent people would have a few questions about that. First they said he had two handguns two days later it was three handguns a week later it was four handguns.

If it wasn't the Bushmaster that they pulled out of the car WTF was it and why is it not being documented?

Somebody the police media or both are not telling us the truth about how many weapons, what type of weapons and where the weapons were, I want to know why. Phone Post

Is your brain made of asbestos?

They pulled a shotgun out of the car. Shotguns are not rifles.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-rifle-and-shotgun/

They didn't report him having a second rifle because he didn't have a second rifle, but they did report him having a shotgun in the car. That report is fucking everywhere.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

He brought three guns into the school with him: two handguns and a rifle. Nobody other than ignoramuses such as yourself dispute that. The twenty-four hour news cycle results in quite a bit of misinformation early on in situations like this. THAT'S the information that videos like this run with without any follow-up. And then they tell you not to trust the media, of course.
There is alot of stupid in your post, you can say I watched the video on YouTube but obviously your comprehension is lacking.

I was watching the news and I was commenting on the news that was reported the day of and the week of the s not the video. I feel they are accountable for the inaccuracies they reported if that's the case.

I haven't seen any account of a shotgun but I haven't sat down in front of a TV in a wile, I've had shit going on. I'm definitely going to go look into it when I get the chance.

As far is the "anyone can tell its a shotgun" bullshit, the video was rather short and the media was claiming it to be the Bushmaster.

Regardless Ronda did nothing wrong and if that video was debunked point by point and most of it really shouldn't have needed to be it was so poor but if so maybe its because of the publicity it got in some part by Ronda and others that re tweeted it, it probably actually helped put a spotlight on the video so that the issue was taken up.

Its never wrong to question what happened. I also think this whole conspiracy drama is the fault of the media and loose reporting. Phone Post
1/18/13 12:33 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot - 
Brockimoth - 

Actually the cunt in this discussion is you. And good job not knowing the difference between a shotgun and an AR type rifle. Question everything...except videos on You Tube right?

As far as Ronda goes I'm not gonna stop rooting for her btw. She posted a link to a dumb video on You Tube. Did she show a lack of critical thinking? Sure. Does that make her a bad person now? I don't think so. Lots of athletes have done worse things in life.
1/18/13 12:37 PM
UGSlapshot

RickStorm -
UGSlapshot - 
Brockimoth - 

"Dont be such a cunt?"

Sorry for your lose

I have to apologize and stop skimming posts I'm so sorry and don't know what else to say.

The difference between "is" and "was" IS Pretty fucking big.

Man... I'm so sorry for insulting you and for your loss. Phone Post
1/18/13 12:42 PM
Vril

The video she tweeted:

The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed

1/18/13 12:57 PM
Uchi
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im sure she meant no harm. That being said, perhaps the UFC should invest in providing some guidance to new fighters on their roster in the appropriate use of social media. It blows my mind the disconnect that some pro athletes and celebrities have when it comes to saying dumb shit to the world and understanding the consequences of doing so as a public figure.
1/18/13 1:01 PM
UGSlapshot

octowussy -
UGSlapshot - 
octowussy -
UGSlapshot - 
tbi0904 -
Brockimoth - 

You know what I saw...

Is your brain made of asbestos?

They pulled a shotgun out of the car. Shotguns are not rifles.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-rifle-and-shotgun/

They didn't report him having a second rifle because he didn't have a second rifle, but they did report him having a shotgun in the car. That report is fucking everywhere.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

He brought three guns into the school with him: two handguns and a rifle. Nobody other than ignoramuses such as yourself dispute that. The twenty-four hour news cycle results in quite a bit of misinformation early on in situations like this. THAT'S the information that videos like this run with without any follow-up. And then they tell you not to trust the media, of course.
There is alot of stupid in your post, you can say I watched the video on YouTube but obviously your comprehension is lacking.

I was watching the news and I was commenting on the news that was reported the day of and the week of the s not the video. I feel they are accountable for the inaccuracies they reported if that's the case.

I haven't seen any account of a shotgun but I haven't sat down in front of a TV in a wile, I've had shit going on. I'm definitely going to go look into it when I get the chance.

As far is the "anyone can tell its a shotgun" bullshit, the video was rather short and the media was claiming it to be the Bushmaster.

Regardless Ronda did nothing wrong and if that video was debunked point by point and most of it really shouldn't have needed to be it was so poor but if so maybe its because of the publicity it got in some part by Ronda and others that re tweeted it, it probably actually helped put a spotlight on the video so that the issue was taken up.

Its never wrong to question what happened. I also think this whole conspiracy drama is the fault of the media and loose reporting. Phone Post

What planet are you from where you call someone who -- by your own admission -- has done far more research into this than you have "stupid"? And then, of course, you demonstrate that don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" while (not "wile") regurgitating the UG classic about reading comprehension. Incredible.

I'll repeat myself: "The twenty-four hour news cycle results in quite a bit of misinformation early on in situations like this." They should be accountable for the inaccuracies they reported and they are. They have since corrected themselves, but you very conveniently have not followed-up on any of this, otherwise you would know. Your willful ignorance does not equal a government conspiracy. You refused to follow-up on these "inconsistencies", and that's on you. You say you'll look into it "when I get the chance", but you're here arguing your own stupidity on the Internet rather than doing any sort of research. I even provided you with a link to a CNN article which breaks down the weapons used.

Now I know you're getting your information from the "Sandy Hook Exposed" video when you say that the video -- shot from a helicopter -- showing police removing the shotgun from the trunk of the car is "short". Here's twenty-five seconds of of that video (taken from a conspiracy channel, nonetheless):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc

At no point do these newscasters refer to it as a Bushmaster or even a rifle. You say that the nebulous "media" claimed it was the Bushmaster, yet here is the "media", referring to it as a "long gun". The video is shaky and shot from a distance, but you can clearly see that this is a shotgun.

It's never wrong to question anything, but it's downright inexcusable to look for the answers. And that's what you're admitting to doing.
Bah I'm not going to argue with you, I already stated I was talking specifically about the media not the video more than once if you can't understand that its not my issue.

And the media is completely accountable for what they put out regardless of the timing they have a responsibility to make sure that their information is accurate.

I watched it for about a week then shut it off, the entire time there was no mention of a shotgun and the media reported complete inaccuracies so yes I think they are a big part of the problem. Phone Post
1/18/13 1:07 PM

UGSlapshot - 
RickStorm -
UGSlapshot - 
Brockimoth - 

"Dont be such a cunt?"

Sorry for your lose

I have to apologize and stop skimming posts I'm so sorry and don't know what else to say.

The difference between "is" and "was" IS Pretty fucking big.

Man... I'm so sorry for insulting you and for your loss. Phone Post

No problem, thank you though
1/18/13 1:18 PM
Vril

Uchi - Im sure she meant no harm. That being said, perhaps the UFC should invest in providing some guidance to new fighters on their roster in the appropriate use of social media. It blows my mind the disconnect that some pro athletes and celebrities have when it comes to saying dumb shit to the world and understanding the consequences of doing so as a public figure.

What the fuck are you talking about! It's not like she's making rape jokes (griffin and torres) she's expressing her real thoughts on twitter. Real "disconnect" (that blows your mind) would be celebrities who proffit from voilent films and then turns around takes part in anti gun psa's.

1/18/13 2:38 PM
UGSlapshot

octowussy - UGSlapshot, I already told you that misinformation is extremely common in the twenty-four hour news cycle. If you're taking something that you hear early on as a story develops as gospel and then refuse to follow-up on that information, that makes you lazy, an ignoramus, or both. As long as the twenty-four hour news cycle exists and news programs compete for your attention, misinformation will make it out there. You have a responsibility to make sure that what you're hearing is accurate, either by researching other sources or by sticking around long enough, after the smoke clears, to find out what really happened. You haven't done that while more reasonable people have, myself included.

It's 100% unmitigated bullshit that there was no mention of a shotgun within the week following the shooting.

The shotgun is mentioned here, in an article from the 19th:

http://articles.courant.com/2012-12-19/news/hc-lanza-ghost-20121219_1_home-computer-investigators-video-games

Here's one from the 16th, which is only two days after the shooting:

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/national/ar-15-with-high-capacity-magazines-used-by-adam-lanza-in-sandy-hook-school-shooting

Another one from the 16th:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/school-shooter-adam-lanza_n_2312818.html

Even better, you can run a custom search for mentions of "Adam Lanza" and "shotgun" between the 14th (the day of the shooting) and the 15th:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22adam+lanza%22+%26+shotgun&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=772&sa=X&ei=r5D5UNWSF_S30QHwu4HQAw&ved=0CB4QpwUoBg&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A12%2F14%2F2012%2Ccd_max%3A12%2F15%2F2012&tbm=

You can see mentions of the shotgun found in the trunk as well as media outlets correcting earlier statements made in regards to what was found at the scene.

"Open your eyes" as your type would say.
Listen carefully so that maybe this time you can understand ... maybe.

I never called the shooting a hoax or a conspiracy, you said that I did but that's just a fallacy.

At the same time you're trying to chastise me for not having enough information to make an informed judgement, but you can't even read a tweet and understand it.

Just because you can find the shotgun info from whatever news source doesn't mean that that's what was being reported here and I don't watch news stations like fox news or cnn because they've never had their shit together.

Again you are the one being misleading, I never said that I had all the information or had even made a judgment, I said that someone misrepresented what happened, and they did.

I also didn't say every media outlet made the same errors, I assumed you would be smart enough to know that I was talking specifically about the broadcasts I watched not every broadcast available that I didn't watch...

The point I'm trying to make is not that I'm positive there was a conspiracy that was never my opinion but you claimed it was.

I'm saying Ronda has every right to have questions about how it was handled and what happened.

I'm not defending the video or her supposed theory because she didn't claim one.

I don't accept your excuses for the media period.

I don't believe for one second just because she posted link and said its interesting that she believed that it was a hoax, that would be jumping to conclusions more so than I have in this thread, something many in this thread seem more than willing to do.

I mean you want to talk about people making assumptions? That's a big assumption right there. Phone Post
1/18/13 2:42 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. No reason to apologize to a bunch of thin-skinned cunts. But, whatever. Good for them.
1/18/13 3:30 PM
MrVivian

I still don't get how famous people do things or say things, or act in a certain way like it's no big deal. Then when the masses get upset at what you did, you get a manager or PR person to stand up for your actions?

When I do something wrong, I have to answer for it, not some manager.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with what she did, just the fact her manager makes this statement and not her makes me sick.
1/18/13 4:50 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

Sugar Dick - 

Well, you can take the trash out of the trailer park, but you.....

Nevermind

this from a guy named 'sugar dick'

an employee of filtyy floyd's nasty tees.

pot, meet kettle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.