UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should UFC ban Lloyd Irvin from cornering?

1/17/13 4:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of yal are ridiculous Phone Post
1/17/13 4:48 AM
Humphrey

It's silly to even suggest this. It's amazing how this vigilante shit takes over.

The guy was not convicted of rape, and this issue now has nothing to do with him.

So what POSSIBLE grounds are there? 'You didn't do the right thing'? So then who becomes the morality police?

It's a slippery slope, but really not a good idea regardless of how you look at it.
1/17/13 4:50 AM
artesuavesam

Yes. If Lloyd Irvin is ever allowed in a ufc octagon again I will be pretty disappointed. The guy has no shame. :-(
1/17/13 5:07 AM
burner22
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban the scumbag Phone Post
1/17/13 5:11 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should only ban him from cornering if he tries to stick his pee pee in a fighters cha cha.

insert let him bang joke here

OH WHY - I'm going to get flamed for this.
1/17/13 6:06 AM
Old Boxer

Yes. I honestly always got a bad vibe from him. Phone Post
1/17/13 6:51 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - lloydirvinrapeexposed.com

Please forward this to these organisations:

USJF
USJA
IBJJF
UFC

In 1989 "Master" LLoyd had every intention of getting in on the gang rape (proper terminology given the convictions of all other members involved) train of a 17 year old girl but due to his inability to "get it up" he was found innocent... he was simply watching his friends rape her while definitely wanting to have intercourse with her and having fully intended to get in on the action up until that point.

"Getting in"
1/17/13 7:56 AM
cycklops
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boooring - If Miguel Torres got suspended for tweeting a rape joke, it's possible.

exactly what I came here to say

1/17/13 8:25 AM
Mango Reinhardt

yeah. fuck that guy
1/17/13 8:27 AM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ban limp dick
1/17/13 8:36 AM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - It's silly to even suggest this. It's amazing how this vigilante shit takes over.

The guy was not convicted of rape, and this issue now has nothing to do with him.

So what POSSIBLE grounds are there? 'You didn't do the right thing'? So then who becomes the morality police?

It's a slippery slope, but really not a good idea regardless of how you look at it.

she actually said he did rape her and I beleive her not limp dick wanna be
1/17/13 8:56 AM
Daredevil73
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Athletic Commissions determine who can corner/fight. The UFC wouldn't be able to keep Lloyd out even if they wanted to.
1/17/13 9:00 AM
sitchpack

12SixElbow -

I don't think anyone involved in sexual crimes should get a license to be a cornerman.

The NSAC stopped Diaz from cornering Nate because of pot.

Really? Source please, would like to read more. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:13 AM
Death Beast

Phisher - 

They let Whitehead corner fighters after his arrest and showed him on camera at an event shortly before he went to prison.

If they let Whitehead they should let Irvin.

IMO he needs to just step forward, admit what he did was a scumbag move and show remorse for it. Then he can go on about how MA changed his life for the better yadda yadda yadda and people will hopefully forgive and try to forget.
Alot of people do alot of dumb shit. What he did was worst than most but certainly not as bad as what others have done. I know alot of dudes that went to college or hs parties and brag about running trains on young chicks that got wasted at parties, the only difference seems to be that his victim went to the cops. Not saying that he or the other frat jerks are right by any stretch of the imagination. Just saying that people are acting waaaaay too shocked at the fact that drunk girls sometimes get gangbanged by douchebags without people labeling them as rapists for the rest of their lives.
1/17/13 9:17 AM
Tubarao

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Yes 

Will they? No 

this Phone Post
1/17/13 9:18 AM
Tubarao

yeah Whitehead was still cornering fresh off some rape charges. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:22 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - It's silly to even suggest this. It's amazing how this vigilante shit takes over.

What grounds were there to can Torres over a joke from a tv show?

Slippery slope indeed.

As for Lloyd?

You have his rape case, yes he wasn't found guilty, you have 2 current representatives charged with gang rape and a high profile coach who diddled his sons and is in jail as well as another who says a "dirty whore got to feeling guilty" after the recent incident.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

In terms of PR, you don't wait until they get found guilty.

You get rid of the association before it rubs off on you and starts to cost your company money. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:24 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly if Lloyd were a white guy with 88 inked on him, Dana would have made a statement.

Funny how Dana had NOTHING to do with Strikeforce yet came out saying no way Brandon Saling would be back.

Funny how Dana hasn't uttered a single word about Lloyd.

Again, if this were a white coach it would be easier for media and Dana to go after him.

White guilt has made it so everyone treads lightly lest they get branded racist or called on the carpet by Jesse Jackson on the cable news. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:28 AM
In Limbo
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the UFC is it's own business, it's not a state/local/federal institution and LI isn't an employee of the UFC that can demand certain non-disc rights

UFC can ban LI from their events if they didn't like his haircut if they wanted

1/17/13 9:48 AM
NegoVeio

http://articles.dailypress.com/1990-04-25/news/9004250070_1_third-juror-irvin-trial

What a read!

What a decent man this MASTER LLOYD.

1/17/13 9:54 AM
Voodoo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some states have a "moral code" attached to their licenses. I think Nevada does, but it is only related to convictions and LI wasn't convicted. In my state, Nebraska, we do not have that code attached to AC licenses so we had to let a convicted child molester compete, I was disgusted. I will be looking to change that in the future.

The UFC, however, can ban anyone they wish.
1/17/13 10:05 AM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/17/13 10:06 AM
NegoVeio

JIM SPENCER

Decency: Real Issue In Rape Trial

April 25, 1990|By JIM SPENCER Columnist

I'm glad I wasn't on the jury that had to decide whether Terrence Gatling and Lloyd Irvin Jr. were guilty of gang-raping a 17-year-old Hampton University freshman.

Although the jurors found Gatling guilty of forcible sodomy, there was not enough evidence to convict either man of rape.

Still, when the three-day rape trial ended Monday, the defendants had revealed too much about themselves to be let off the hook for what happened Oct. 7 in Gatling's apartment.

On that evening a 17-year-old girl agreed to go to dinner with a group of male college students she barely knew. Then she agreed to go to an apartment with them for a party. Somewhere along the line she drank some booze.

By the end of the night, at least seven men had had sex with her. Neither Gatling, who is 21, nor Irvin, who is 20, tried to talk any of them out of it. Instead, they joined in. Or tried.

Irvin was saved by the fact that the jury believed he was impotent when it was his turn.

The rape trial was argued on the same turf as most rape trials: The girl, 5 feet 2 inches tall and 98 pounds, said she was forced to submit to the men's sexual advances. She said when she struggled with one of them, he hit her in the mouth. A medical report showed that her mouth was bruised.

The men said she was a willing participant in an orgy. Lawyers for Irvin and Gatling called witnesses who claimed they heard the girl encourage the men having sex with her.

The defendants also claimed that one of the first men to have sex with her came out of the bedroom yelling, "She's a freak. She's a freak."

Irvin and Gatling apparently took that to mean the 17-year-old was a nymphomaniac.

My question is: What difference does that make?

Does it justify being the seventh guy into the bedroom, or, for that matter, the first?

The jury didn't really address that.

"It was an emotional trial," one of the jurors, Barry Spigel, told me. "But we did a good job of getting rid of our own separate emotions and considering the evidence. The jury felt that there was reasonable doubt of whether a rape had occurred."

"I feel the girl was raped," said Bessie Singleton, another juror. "But the room where this happened was dark, and with all that was going on, it was unclear who was doing what."

"It's not over in my mind," Paul Hoyt, a third juror, confided. "These kinds of trials never are. You hope you call it correctly. I don't know what else you can do. We prayed to God for some guidance. I don't think anybody got any great revelations."

Without divine intervention, the trial turned on legal definitions. That's the only fair way, I know, but in this case it doesn't seem like enough.

Irvin walked free, not because he did the right thing and refused to have sex with a 17-year-old. He testified that he wanted to have intercourse with her but couldn't.

Gatling's rape charge stemmed from an accusation that he held the girl down while Irvin had intercourse with her. Since the jury believed Irvin didn't have intercourse, Gatling couldn't have helped him. So Gatling could be convicted only of forcing the 17-year-old to perform oral sex.

Ah, justice.

I accept the premise of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I understand that the girl used terrible judgment. But whether or not she consented to the sex acts that occurred as a result, they shouldn't have happened. What's more, there's no way for the men involved to blame somebody else.

The verdict took into consideration reasonable doubt. I just wish there was some way it could have also included moral outrage. Maybe then everyone could have learned the real lesson of this tragedy:

Decent people don't try to exploit others. Not even "freaks."
1/17/13 10:12 AM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holly Smith was a physician at Riverside Regional Medical Center in the early morning of Oct. 10, 1989, when the 17-year-old was brought in by a police detective for examination. Smith testified Friday that the exam was hampered because the woman suffered from vaginal spasms.

The doctor said the disorder virtually always is the result of rape, rather than consensual sexual intercourse, and that the condition can last for years. Often, she said, women explain that they cannot have intercourse after they have been raped because they get scared and begin to experience the spasms.

``It is very common after rape,'' said Smith. ``It is not common otherwise.''

1/17/13 10:29 AM
KingGo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - I don't think it's the UFC's place to ban someone in this case. They aren't paying him anything and I don't think the UFC should tell their fighters who can and can't corner them without an official legal conviction. Just could set a bad precedent if the UFC started banning cornermen based on how they perceive their character.

I'd rather see the fighters realize who they are associating themselves with and cut it off. Train with someone else. Although I suppose if the story gets big enough Fox might tell the UFC they don't want fighters associating with LI.

I sure won't feel sorry for LI no matter how much he loses over this. Hopefully the UFC never has to consider doing anything to him because all the fighters will decide they're done with him. Phone Post
This Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.