UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Should UFC ban Lloyd Irvin from cornering?

1/18/13 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rofl @ the memes

1/18/13 10:12 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This piece of shit should be banned from the sport entirely.
1/18/13 10:36 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - 
RKing85 - wow. I am surprized it is almost unanimous. I don't think this reason case should affect his status. As far as I know, he had nothing to do with this New Year's Eve incident.

Agree
No matter what you think of what happened 20 years ago he wasn't convicted and you can't just all of a sudden ban him now for something someone else did that he wasn't even involved in. I get the hate for him but I don't know why it's come up all of a sudden after all these years

His defense was that he was there but couldn't get hard. I wonder how that was proved.
1/18/13 10:46 AM
Unseen
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - Honestly if Lloyd were a white guy with 88 inked on him, Dana would have made a statement.

Funny how Dana had NOTHING to do with Strikeforce yet came out saying no way Brandon Saling would be back.

Funny how Dana hasn't uttered a single word about Lloyd.

Again, if this were a white coach it would be easier for media and Dana to go after him.

White guilt has made it so everyone treads lightly lest they get branded racist or called on the carpet by Jesse Jackson on the cable news. Phone Post
Mike WHITEhead was allowed to corner. Phone Post
1/18/13 1:01 PM
HandyDarsh
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BUFFGEO - Didn't They Fire Eddie Bravo because he wanted to corner Soteropolis like once!?

I wouldnt put anything past Dana. If He thinks this situation would cost him 1 cent he'll step in you can count on it
Eddie never got fired Phone Post
1/18/13 5:39 PM
NINERS76

I dont think he should be banned. He wasnt convicted of a crime. Why wasnt he charged with accesory to the rape?
1/18/13 7:34 PM
cleetdog101
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban him...the whole story is still raw right now. Let it die down. It seems he's quite the scumbag, why share air time with him if you dont have to.

And the UFC can ban anyone for any reason they want.
1/18/13 8:09 PM
Scream13
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - It's silly to even suggest this. It's amazing how this vigilante shit takes over.

The guy was not convicted of rape, and this issue now has nothing to do with him.

So what POSSIBLE grounds are there? 'You didn't do the right thing'? So then who becomes the morality police?

It's a slippery slope, but really not a good idea regardless of how you look at it.

respectfully, "who becomes the morality police" well, the UFC. they do that all the time, they have too. they HAVE to protect their brand. And yeah, they should Ban LI.

1/18/13 9:03 PM
John Wayne Gracie

Ban. Phone Post
1/18/13 9:22 PM
er095

Dana is cool with Mike Tyson a convicted rapist and you guys want him to ban Lloyd who was acquitted ? To be fair I don't believe Dana believes Tyson was guilty as Marcus Avellan does not believe Lloyd was guilty either.
Anyway I'm looking for facts on Lloyd's case, dispositions ,testimony transcripts. If you got anything it would be appreciated if you can share
1/19/13 11:42 AM
HexRei

cleetdog101 - Ban him...the whole story is still raw right now. Let it die down. It seems he's quite the scumbag, why share air time with him if you dont have to.

It's not that simple. If LI's granted a cornerman license, then he has the commission's permission to be there. Dana can't keep Mazagatti from reffing his fights if he wants the event to go down, I wouldn't be surprised if he had equal difficulty keeping a cornerman out.
1/19/13 11:56 AM
Hookandshoot

HexRei -
cleetdog101 - Ban him...the whole story is still raw right now. Let it die down. It seems he's quite the scumbag, why share air time with him if you dont have to.

It's not that simple. If LI's granted a cornerman license, then he has the commission's permission to be there. Dana can't keep Mazagatti from reffing his fights if he wants the event to go down, I wouldn't be surprised if he had equal difficulty keeping a cornerman out.
I remember The UFC blocking Nick Diaz from corner his brother before he was on the roster and Nate complaining about it after his fight.
You can't ban refs but I'm pretty sure the UFC can tell you who can an cannot be in your corner. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:29 PM
xecutioner

TTT

1/19/13 6:38 PM
Wade5000
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/19/13 6:41 PM
TheThrill
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hookandshoot - 
HexRei -

I remember The UFC blocking Nick Diaz from corner his brother before he was on the roster and Nate complaining about it after his fight.
You can't ban refs but I'm pretty sure the UFC can tell you who can an cannot be in your corner. Phone Post

the UFC didnt have anything to do with it,it was the athletic commision
1/19/13 9:13 PM
CindyO

Hookandshoot - 
HexRei -

Really? I remember the athletic commission doing that since they license seconds, not Zuffa/UFC/DW. And DW has zero control of anyone the athletic commission governs (refs, judges, cornermen, etc).

Cindy

1/20/13 9:01 AM
Wade5000
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/1/13 2:10 AM
CompanyBlue

Well well well...

Might be a moot question now because any of te current UFC fighters would be stupid to let him corner them now.

The news is crazy but I can't say I'm shocked.
3/1/13 10:11 AM
iant
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make him fight John Fitch so he knows what it's like to feel helpless Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.