UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ratner: No bonuses until clean drug tests

1/16/13 9:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

All fighters who compete on international events will be tested for performance-enhancing drugs, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner today told MMAjunkie.com.

Additionally, the promotion won't pay out fight-night bonuses until drug testing results are available, Ratner said.

Currently, the UFC offers cash incentives for "Knockout of the Night," "Submission of the Night" and "Fight of the Night." Typically, they are handed out after the event and announced by UFC President Dana White.

The changes will be in place this weekend when UFC on FX 7 goes down at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The event's main-card airs on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

read entire article...

1/16/13 9:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes sense.

I hope they at least announce who won them based on performance. I like seeing who is supposed to get paid. It excites me.

If the person who won it failed their test, give it to the next best performance. 

1/16/13 9:47 PM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - 

Makes sense.

I hope they at least announce who won them based on performance. I like seeing who is supposed to get paid. It excites me.

If the person who won it failed their test, give it to the next best performance. 

or give that fighter's share to the opponent for having to fight a fighter on something

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like someone spent their win bonus before they tested positive and can't pay it back. Phone Post
ALAR88

A step in the right direction
1/16/13 9:49 PM
Jaybrone
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good!

1/16/13 9:54 PM
aka_rtotheoh

Well, there goes Vitor's KOTN bonus... Phone Post
1/16/13 10:05 PM
SmackyBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Dana White say this, like five years ago? They're just getting to it now?
1/16/13 10:07 PM
irishrottie
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its possible some of the fighters on this card didnt know they would be tested....results will be interesting.

1/16/13 10:15 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Makes sense.

or give that fighter's share to the opponent for having to fight a fighter on something

Or...

1/16/13 10:26 PM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

Edited: 01/16/13 10:26 PM

Ilike the way you think vtfu ^

1/17/13 1:11 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Looks like someone spent their win bonus before they tested positive and can't pay it back. Phone Post
Interesting... Phone Post
1/17/13 1:26 AM
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALAR88 - A step in the right direction
^ Phone Post
1/17/13 3:25 AM
CindyO

Excellent.

Cindy

1/17/13 8:35 AM
Dougie
904 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If one fighter tests positive in a bonus of the night fight, then if the other fighter tests clean they should get the dirty fighter's bonus.

If they both test dirty, then give the bonus to a charity. Charities win, and the UFC gets the tax write off.

1/17/13 9:15 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are they handing out CASH?

1. It would be easier for most fighters to get taxes deducted immediately than to get a 100K bonus, spend it and then come up with the taxes in April when they possibly haven't fought and are eating ketchup in a gym loft.

2. It doesn't look good when a promoter hands out cash as it creates possible improprieties.

Who is to say you won't get a little more if you keep it standing Elite XC style?

I'm not saying Dana would but cash seems shady to most and especially when you are a billion dollar company talking about playing on a global level bigger than the NFL.

NFL players don't get cash after games in the form of locker room bonuses.

When they did it caused a whole team to get in trouble with New Orleans and bountygate.

Funny how cash bonuses for big and exciting QB moving hits were viewed as illegal bounties since they weren't on the books anywhere and in cash.

I'm not saying the UFC does anything wrong.

Just cut checks.

On the books. Phone Post
1/17/13 9:17 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -

If one fighter tests positive in a bonus of the night fight, then if the other fighter tests clean they should get the dirty fighter's bonus.

If they both test dirty, then give the bonus to a charity. Charities win, and the UFC gets the tax write off.

If the UFC is doling out cash that's off the books, which isn't reported as Dana says we don't know what fighters earn; I think the last thing they want is on the books money or donations.

They donate a lot already and it's enough to keep anyone from wanting to check things out. Phone Post
1/17/13 1:40 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good move.

1/17/13 1:42 PM
rrg1

Yes, the UFC is super serious about testing their athletes. It's the reason why they do urine testing....

"See we DO care about this!"

What an absolute joke lol.
2/1/13 8:15 AM
irishrottie

irishrottie - 

Its possible some of the fighters on this card didnt know they would be tested....results will be interesting.

vitor?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.