Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

He ain't Kermit Washington

checkmate.

1/17/13 8:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure Ron Artest is the one giving other players concussions from them 'bows.
1/17/13 8:44 AM
Authority Figure

Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye - 
KevinMcAllister - Dat neck Phone Post
Phone Post

1/17/13 11:00 AM
slo ko
752 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever point gamer is trying to make is lost on me when I get to the blatant generalizations about whole demographics or nations.

1/17/13 11:16 AM
SQUEEZIE

gamer - 
FedorFalconPunch - Talked to a few rednecks on xbox about MMA

"I dont know who Fedor is"

"I didnt start watching UFC until UFC 112"

thats the kind of people who fill these forums now.

"GSP is the baddest man on planet"

Its just these people arent educated in life and def not in MMA, so you cant blame them.

they just got sucked in to the sport to see good fights and now its about "CAGE CONTROL" "LAY N PRAYING" "CLINCH CONTROL"

Good old days are gone, for god sake Chael Sonnen is taking over MMA and he couldnt win a title in the WEC. dude is a B level fighter at best and fighting Jon Jones who cant even dunk a basketball.

Great athletes

The fact you have an xbox says it all

Nothing but pure ignorant dummies buy xboxes

Playstation is where its at homie!

No but really, there are going to be the bottom of the barrel over xbox live

The xbox really is a terrible system with terrible fans.

you both are ignorant bitches
1/17/13 11:19 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE -
gamer - 
FedorFalconPunch - Talked to a few rednecks on xbox about MMA

"I dont know who Fedor is"

"I didnt start watching UFC until UFC 112"

thats the kind of people who fill these forums now.

"GSP is the baddest man on planet"

Its just these people arent educated in life and def not in MMA, so you cant blame them.

they just got sucked in to the sport to see good fights and now its about "CAGE CONTROL" "LAY N PRAYING" "CLINCH CONTROL"

Good old days are gone, for god sake Chael Sonnen is taking over MMA and he couldnt win a title in the WEC. dude is a B level fighter at best and fighting Jon Jones who cant even dunk a basketball.

Great athletes

The fact you have an xbox says it all

Nothing but pure ignorant dummies buy xboxes

Playstation is where its at homie!

No but really, there are going to be the bottom of the barrel over xbox live

The xbox really is a terrible system with terrible fans.

you both are ignorant bitches
They are both possibly thiaguy... Phone Post
1/17/13 12:01 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Former Bulls 1st round pick James Johnson could be good. Excellent natural athlete with a legit kickboxing background. I read he'd done some MMA training in his father's gym prior to being drafted. Last I checked his NBA career seemed to be just about over, but it does make sense for someone like him to try to stick around because even at the end of a bench he has a good chance of making more money than he would immediately in the NBA. He's someone to watch for though.
1/17/13 12:01 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dwight's neck logic is on point.  but he has failed to note this guy

1/17/13 1:07 PM
Forrest Spliffn

If lbj was to walk into the UFC he would have an instant height, reach, speed and strength advantage over most heavies.

Had an athlete of his calibre spent his life training to hurt people, best believe he would likely wreck shop, despite what his untrained punches today look like.

Lmao lebrons punches look better than any mma guys dunk attempts that's for damn sure.

I don't see how being built like overeem yet able to sprint fast and jump 50 inches doesn't translate to you guys.

Most dudes with big vertical leap or fast sprint times are extremely strong for their weight too.

There are a ton of athletes from other sports that could do well at mma.

Unless cerrone practices wake boarding not many mma stars have what it takes to be stars in a non combat setting. Phone Post
1/17/13 2:33 PM
DeuceDroppin

4l8r Phone Post
1/17/13 2:58 PM
wink91wink

gamer - 
wink91wink - 
gamer - "Also, you still don't see how the footwork in the NFL or NBA would translate?"

In basketball you are just dribbling a basketball with your hands and then shoot it into a tiny hoop

Again, that doesn't give you skills FOR MMA. Those motions and or skills are not applicable to MMA in any way shape or form

In soccer you are actually using your feet in a very cordinated manner. Dribilling a ball with your feet and running. That can corralte really well to having good footwork in MMA.

I mean if you want to say that any running you do durring a basketball or football game can help your footwork in MMA, then you might as well say that walking can help you to have good footwork in MMA too

In soccer it really applies and can help. Its more specific like.

There I answered the two dumbest points you brought up! Are you happy now

Please explain to me how dribbling a soccer ball while running gives equates to having good footwork in MMA?? Please! That might be the most ridiculous thing you have brought up, that LITERALLY has nothing to do with fighting at all. Posting up in basketball, and having to keep balance while someone is trying to push you back is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more applicable than dribbling down a soccer pitch.

Please, tell me specifically how dribbling a soccer ball can help mma footwork?

I can't wait for this one.

Try running at full speed while also trying to mantain a soccer ball with your feet....while also having some one running beside you trying to mess you up

It is difficult

Elite soccer players do that like its second nature

That alone would give you tremendous foot cordination which would correlate beatifully into MMA footwork

If you cant see that then you are an American retard

And LOL at trying to make out the act of keeping balance while posting up against some one in basketball as something totally extrodinary and difficult

Are you kidding me?

Many people do that all the time and very EASLIY

By the way, in soccer YOU HAVE some one pushing up beside YOU WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO RUN at full speed while CONTROLLING A BALL AT THE SAME TIME

That is leagues more difficult

I never said which one was more difficult, but it still has NOTHING TO DO WITH MMA. Running full speed while dribbling doesn't teach MMA footwork. It just doesn't at all. You aren't giving examples of how it would translate, all you are saying is "it would translate beautifully."

You are completely changing the argument to which one is more difficult which is not what we were walking about. We were talking about how it translates to MMA.

Your argument is weak so you are trying to change the discussion to give some strength to your argument.
1/17/13 3:09 PM
ShanTheMan
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carmelo is such a pussy
1/17/13 3:42 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

For Nate Robinson's (5'9", 180) takedown on J.R. Smith (6'5", 220) at about 16 seconds in.

Well considering Nate robinson is 5'8, and 180 lbs, If he started training martial arts instead of playing basketball he could have been a force, however 28 may be a little late to start from scratch and get into the game.

His athletic ability is significantly better than anybody in MMA at his size.

He has a 43.5 inch vertical, and i don't know if it's just online speculation, but supposedly he ran a 4.35 40 in high school. He also played a little college football.

1/17/13 4:11 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^"Well considering Nate robinson is 5'8, and 180 lbs, If he started training martial arts instead of playing basketball he could have been a force,"

yeah cuz we all know a 5'8" middleweight woo lookout lol

1/17/13 4:12 PM
chaplinshouse

even at ww where he'd probably be 5'8" doesn't buy him jack shit

1/17/13 4:14 PM
Frankie Emelianenko

Metta World Peace Phone Post
1/17/13 5:30 PM
CHAUNCH

chaplinshouse - 

^^"Well considering Nate robinson is 5'8, and 180 lbs, If he started training martial arts instead of playing basketball he could have been a force,"

yeah cuz we all know a 5'8" middleweight woo lookout lol

palhares and lombard are 5'8"
1/17/13 6:27 PM
DeuceDroppin

WOW!!!! I've seen some total fucking idiots on here over the years, but this "gamer" dork has to be the worst one ever. At first I thought these yard was trolling, but it has become obvious that this idiot thinks that he has a clue. This moron is seriously somebody that has never even been decent at any sport in his life. It's weird because he feels so empowered by being a fan boi, but simply has zero fucking clue. It's seriously scary that there are people out there that are this fucking stupid. Very scary! Phone Post
1/17/13 10:39 PM
LBH_RN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prime Shaq would have been a killer in MMA...I remember his "scrap" with Eric Montross of the Celtics, left him battered in the 2nd row of the stands. But to say any NBA player would be a force at MMA is silly. Its not working out well for the NFL rejects who are middle of the pack at best. Anyone see Schaub or Mittrione winning the HW strap?
1/17/13 11:12 PM
sevr1

First, people need to chill and realize it's a hypothetical.

Second, Shaq would have been a Brockish type. Huge, explosive, and without much finesse/technique.

Third, you're crazy if you don't think LeBron could be a beast. Reach, athleticism, build, finesse, power. Dude is just a monster.

But, also, here's a list of guys I would have liked to see with training, fighting:

NBA: Karl Malone, Ben Wallace, Charles Barkley, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Bruce Bowen, Metta World Peace, AI, and Mugsy Bogues.

NFL: Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Larry Csonka, Dion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, and so many more.

Imagine that caliber of an athlete getting in there and throwing down....that'd just be fun to watch...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.