UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why is Belfort ranked so high still?

1/17/13 9:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW Chimp is not a bad poster but he is one of those butt hurt posters I referenced in our thread, in the very thread I referenced there too when LnP completely trolled me into giving specifics of AS's record (I did everything to get out of it). He actually is one of the nicer AS huggers.
1/17/13 9:52 PM
Lazer MMA

Chimp Strength - 
Lazer MMA - 
Lazer MMA - 
The point is Yellow it's pure speculation now. IMO others would kill both but that's just an opinion even as are their rankings (based on no cognitive facts to substantiate the opinion at all).

Answering rankings above as explained before

My point is Lazer, you disagree with everyone so fervently to the point of name calling, yet you post that ranking about that I am 100% sure not a single person on the UG would agree with.  You portray your opinion as fact rather than what it is.

No I said on both threads all we have are opinions and I favor fighters who never have had a shot to those who have had lots of big fights and lost every time too.

Further clearly the poster became hostile with me and I just responded in kind.
1/17/13 9:55 PM
Chimp Strength
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You just cant resist can you?  So ok, Im butthurt, but can I point out how ridiculous some of the things you say are?  Youre posting in a thread about how Vitor doesnt have any top 10 wins and therefore should be top ten...  Yet you ranked Hendo at 10 whose last fight at MW was a loss and before that was a victory over a certain Michael Bisping who you also say isnt top 10.  Does that sound contradictory to anyone? Who else has Hendo beat at MW?  Paul Harris, another non top 10 fighter.  Before that, lost to Misaki.  Theres no logic to what you say at all.  

1/17/13 10:04 PM
Lazer MMA

Chimp Strength - 

You just cant resist can you?  So ok, Im butthurt, but can I point out how ridiculous some of the things you say are?  Youre posting in a thread about how Vitor doesnt have any top 10 wins and therefore should be top ten...  Yet you ranked Hendo at 10 whose last fight at MW was a loss and before that was a victory over a certain Michael Bisping who you also say isnt top 10.  Does that sound contradictory to anyone? Who else has Hendo beat at MW?  Paul Harris, another non top 10 fighter.  Before that, lost to Misaki.  Theres no logic to what you say at all.  

I was very reluctant to put Hendo there! He's a damn shadow of himself at 85 and always was. I wanted to put Bisping there, but in truth I believe Hendo KHTFO again. I wanted to put ACE there but after his last I just could not. I wanted to put Belfort there but having won not top 10 fight in 3 plus years I could not.

You know he was hurt in the SF fight. Number 10 is tough granted but so is are a lot of them. There a lot of subjectivity here sir, look at my #9! Plus I should get a pass on Hendo LOL!

I said from the start "there is room for opinion sir". I do NOT EXPECT mine to be the same as others.

1/17/13 10:12 PM
Chimp Strength
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's extremely subjective, exactly. So, back to the OP and as I said in my initial post... While its difficult to justify Vitor's ranking, it's also difficult to justify many of the other fighters at 185 being ranked above him, the water is so murky at 185 it's ridiculous. So whilst Vitor's ranking may seem kind, I would suggest it's not unbelievable. Phone Post
1/17/13 10:14 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chimp Strength - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

fapout wants to fight, bro. He can't back his "point" up, so now he wants to take his anger and frustration out on an anonymous stranger, bro.

Watch out, bro.

I think its a valid point that in rercent time Vitor has only lost two fights against champs since 2006.  I accept that he hasn't fought a lot of tough competition at MW, but the fact that some of those fights were catchweights doesnt mean they cant count towards his rank, thats just in my opinion.  For example, the Franklin fight was at 195 so does that mean it doesnt count towards the ranking in any division?  Even though we know Vitor resides at 185 and Franklin was still considered a solid 185 competitor, just Uncle Dana didnt want him to fight there?  Also, I think the fact that not many other fighters have done much to suggest they should be ranked above him has helped him maintain that position.  Look at Belcher for example and Lombard.  Both had ideal opportunities to claim a higher place in the ranking but failed when losing meaningful fights.  I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying, but they are the best reasons I can come up with to justify his position.

No problem, you're just adding to the conversation, whether you disagree or not.

Let's say we do count his wins towards his ranking. Even then, he shouldn't be listed above some of these guys. I would have no problem with Vitor being in the Top 15, just keep him away from Top 10 until he beats someone in the Top 10 (i.e. Bisping).

I see where everyone's coming from, but what I've picked up so far is that he still doesn't belong in Top 10 as of right now.

1/17/13 10:19 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/17/13 10:21 PM
fapout - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

fapout wants to fight, bro. He can't back his "point" up, so now he wants to take his anger and frustration out on an anonymous stranger, bro.

Watch out, bro.

like I said, fighters rankings follow them from weight class to weight class ie, Randy Couture, Nick and Nate Diaz, BJ Penn etc...

noob.

Does that mean every single one of those guys earned that rank? No. They had to beat someone in order to justify the position. Something Vitor hasn't done.

You're filling my thread with idiotic machismo for a fight you most likely won't get. Not because Lazer's tucking, but because you're a fucking retard for wanting to fight over this topic.

EDIT:

Thanks for apologizing above, but either way, I'd appreciate it if you chilled with the UGGP shit.

1/17/13 10:19 PM
Lazer MMA

Chimp Strength -  It's extremely subjective, exactly. So, back to the OP and as I said in my initial post... While its difficult to justify Vitor's ranking, it's also difficult to justify many of the other fighters at 185 being ranked above him, the water is so murky at 185 it's ridiculous. So whilst Vitor's ranking may seem kind, I would suggest it's not unbelievable. Phone Post

I never said it was not possible chimp I just said the "rankings are based on no cognitive facts to substantiate the opinion at all." Mine, yours or SI's! period

I would and have argued against but there is no proof at all, agreed (at least talking about a top 10).

I would refer to my very first post in this thread for further detail on this if you like, prob a page or two back.

Good night Chimp!
1/17/13 10:26 PM
Chimp Strength

yellow wrkahlc -
Chimp Strength - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Watch out, bro.

I think its a valid point that in rercent time Vitor has only lost two fights against champs since 2006.  I accept that he hasn't fought a lot of tough competition at MW, but the fact that some of those fights were catchweights doesnt mean they cant count towards his rank, thats just in my opinion.  For example, the Franklin fight was at 195 so does that mean it doesnt count towards the ranking in any division?  Even though we know Vitor resides at 185 and Franklin was still considered a solid 185 competitor, just Uncle Dana didnt want him to fight there?  Also, I think the fact that not many other fighters have done much to suggest they should be ranked above him has helped him maintain that position.  Look at Belcher for example and Lombard.  Both had ideal opportunities to claim a higher place in the ranking but failed when losing meaningful fights.  I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying, but they are the best reasons I can come up with to justify his position.

No problem, you're just adding to the conversation, whether you disagree or not.

Let's say we do count his wins towards his ranking. Even then, he shouldn't be listed above some of these guys. I would have no problem with Vitor being in the Top 15, just keep him away from Top 10 until he beats someone in the Top 10 (i.e. Bisping).

I see where everyone's coming from, but what I've picked up so far is that he still doesn't belong in Top 10 as of right now.

I don't agree or disagree. The overall feeling I have about the MW division is that very few of them have done anything to make a clear ranking besides Chael. Although I don't dispute Weidmans ranking, his victories are hardly stellar. The Maia fight was an abomination (which understandably was not necessarily his fault due to the short notice).
I will say that in the event that Bisping beats Vitor, I will not accept anyone saying that Vitor is top 10. Please tell me that's not what you're setting me up for? Phone Post
1/17/13 10:38 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Hey yellow and/or NDNH, could you guys do me a solid and post your best in gif(s)? and/or bump an in gif thread if one were to exist.
i am in great need of these gifs.
thanks in advance gentlemen.
1/17/13 10:47 PM
Chimp Strength

Joe_Drogan420 - Hey yellow and/or NDNH, could you guys do me a solid and post your best in gif(s)? and/or bump an in gif thread if one were to exist.

Just bumped it for you in the otherground, thread by vaginal tear.

1/17/13 10:48 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Edited: 01/17/13 10:49 PM
Chimp Strength - 
yellow wrkahlc -
Chimp Strength - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Watch out, bro.

I don't agree or disagree. The overall feeling I have about the MW division is that very few of them have done anything to make a clear ranking besides Chael. Although I don't dispute Weidmans ranking, his victories are hardly stellar. The Maia fight was an abomination (which understandably was not necessarily his fault due to the short notice).
I will say that in the event that Bisping beats Vitor, I will not accept anyone saying that Vitor is top 10. Please tell me that's not what you're setting me up for? Phone Post

1/17/13 10:49 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Chimp Strength - 
Joe_Drogan420 - Hey yellow and/or NDNH, could you guys do me a solid and post your best in gif(s)? and/or bump an in gif thread if one were to exist.

Just bumped it for you in the otherground, thread by vaginal tear.

Chimp coming through for everyone today, oh shit. vu

1/17/13 10:56 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
CoryMatthews - So maybe its just the way i think about ranking people who don't direct matchups. Do i think such and such can beat so and so. I don't recall anderson's 205 record but i'm sure it is limited.

Do i think he has a chance against jones? yes

What about him at 170 do i think he can beat gsp ... yes
Someone call an amber lamps, this guy is having a stroke.

Seriously I thought you had some logic in your post and thought you were headed to saying something like "Anderson is the #2 lhw even though he doesn't regularly and hasn't recently fought a lot at that weight", but then you went full retard with the gsp thing at the end. Phone Post
Lmao wow

Spilt my drink bro Phone Post
1/18/13 4:27 AM
UGSlapshot

Umm

I think

Its because fans like him?

Is there a legitimate AP ranking yet? Phone Post
1/18/13 4:48 AM
UGSlapshot

Edited: 01/18/13 4:52 AM

Also fan rankings need to be taken with a grain of salt, some forum members don't update their lists and like I said I think most of them are more popularity contests than serious rankings.

1/18/13 7:57 AM
FlyingSubsOnly

Edited: 01/18/13 8:01 AM
I've heard people argue that he's ranked so high because the only losses in his recent UFC run have been to Jon Jones and Anderson, who people consider to be the 2 best fighters on Earth.

This doesn't excuse the fact that within his recent UFC run (5 fights), he's only won 3 of them... Two catch-weight fights vs Rich Franklin and Anthony Johnson, and beating Akiyama before he dropped to 170. I don't think these accomplishments warranted his 2 title shots (MW & LHW).

So basically, the answer to your question, pretty much just hype, a willingness to aggressively throw down, and his name/history.
1/18/13 8:25 AM
Lazer MMA

fapout - 
yellow wrkahlc - 
fapout - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

Watch out, bro.

like I said, fighters rankings follow them from weight class to weight class ie, Randy Couture, Nick and Nate Diaz, BJ Penn etc...

noob.

Does that mean every single one of those guys earned that rank? No. They had to beat someone in order to justify the position. Something Vitor hasn't done.

You're filling my thread with idiotic machismo for a fight you most likely won't get. Not because Lazer's tucking, but because you're a fucking retard for wanting to fight over this topic.

EDIT:

Thanks for apologizing above, but either way, I'd appreciate it if you chilled with the UGGP shit.

naw, Lazer tucked and fighing him is about this topic is not why I wanna take him to the UGGP. He wants to make a comment about being some fighter while I am being breatfed co I called him on it. He tucked and I have no use for ppl who run their mouths on here and tuck like that.

BTW its not idiotic machismo. This is a mma forum and stuff like that happens on here and sometimes they actually happen.

Tucked, that's as idiotic in this as the rest. I'm not two hours away, I'm on the east coast. It's 8 days away. I'm not so weak minded to be trolled like that and over a guy making a one of the stupidest arguments ever. I fought before even UFC 1 (I told you I'd guess when you were being breast fed milk) & I'm almost 50, and far from in shape to boot (working on it though). I'd guess if I went to MN my wife would go fuckin nuts on my ass too.

Really it's just asinine, 'meet me 12 hours away from you in 8 days and then Vitor is not top 10 and your right on this.' 'That is the proof.'

The man has not won even a top 10 fight in 3+ years and any huge fight in 9 years via cut. That's why I'm correct. Although the MW div. has been a revolving door of MW's for years the empirical evidence alone suggests that Boetsch, Philiippou and others who put together win streaks at MW involving any top 10's at at all are in reality ranked (MW) higher than him at this second in 'reality'.

1/18/13 2:48 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - "why is belfort still ranked so high?"

IMO

1/19/13 6:12 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Matt Perry - 
yellow wrkahlc -

I ask a question nearly everyone asks, and get voted down for it?

Oh, did you think this INTERNET FORUM was a place for intellectuals? Phone Post

I like watching you on Go On.

1/19/13 6:13 PM
yellow wrkahlc

If Belfort defeats Bisping, THEN he deserves his Top 10 rank.

If not, byebye Victor.

1/19/13 6:23 PM
MrTamliani

Because he will beat anyone above top ten with ease. But in the top ten he has some competition. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:42 PM
yellow wrkahlc

LilBrockonmychest - 
yellow wrkahlc - 

If not, byebye Victor.

But you know that will never happen (him off top 10).  They will just bump him down one spot and have Bisping take his place.

Then we need to eat him.

1/19/13 10:45 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^Soooo Phone Post
1/19/13 10:46 PM
yellow wrkahlc

yellow wrkahlc - 

If not, byebye Victor.

^Like I said in the OP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.