UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Serra HOF ?

1/17/13 12:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diaz Shoes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who thinks Matt belongs in the UFC Hall of Fame ?
1/17/13 12:52 AM
thegreatone287
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have to say no. and that's just me. yeah he won the title didn't defend it successfully. has trained some good fighters but you should need to do more. Phone Post
1/17/13 5:54 AM
REDRUM_NYC

I do

1/17/13 5:59 AM
MmanBearPig
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dennys hall of fame sure but nowhere near the UFC one
1/17/13 5:59 AM
Old Boxer

Yes he should be. You don't have to be the best ever to be in the hof Phone Post
1/17/13 6:01 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

State your reasons OP Phone Post
1/17/13 6:03 AM
Brian J DSouza

Old Boxer -  Yes he should be. You don't have to be the best ever to be in the hof Phone Post

Agree. The UFC HOF isn't really for great fighters, otherwise Fedor Emelianenko would be in there. The requirements right now are simple-- prominence in MMA, and being politically correct with Zuffa.

1/17/13 6:18 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say yes. He had a razor thin loss to BJ Penn when he was basically considered unstoppable (and I would qualify myself as just a step away from being a Penn nut hugger). He TKO'd GSP, who is surpassing Hughes in dominance easily. He had a decent fight with Hughes who is absolutely a HOF'r. Add a absolute war the second time around with Lytle that he should get credit for as much as Lytle for keeping it standing and I have no problem with that nod.

Serra has a very unfortunate distinction in having the times he fell short being the most viewed on multiple occasions. Phone Post
1/17/13 6:27 AM
rufus
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_buchu8oolong - I would say yes. He had a razor thin loss to BJ Penn when he was basically considered unstoppable (and I would qualify myself as just a step away from being a Penn nut hugger). He TKO'd GSP, who is surpassing Hughes in dominance easily. He had a decent fight with Hughes who is absolutely a HOF'r. Add a absolute war the second time around with Lytle that he should get credit for as much as Lytle for keeping it standing and I have no problem with that nod.

Serra has a very unfortunate distinction in having the times he fell short being the most viewed on multiple occasions. Phone Post
So you're saying that three losses and what some would say was a fluke win over GSP are the achievements that should make him eligible for the HOF? Interesting... Phone Post
1/17/13 6:39 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rufus -
UGCTT_buchu8oolong - I would say yes. He had a razor thin loss to BJ Penn when he was basically considered unstoppable (and I would qualify myself as just a step away from being a Penn nut hugger). He TKO'd GSP, who is surpassing Hughes in dominance easily. He had a decent fight with Hughes who is absolutely a HOF'r. Add a absolute war the second time around with Lytle that he should get credit for as much as Lytle for keeping it standing and I have no problem with that nod.

So you're saying that three losses and what some would say was a fluke win over GSP are the achievements that should make him eligible for the HOF? Interesting... Phone Post
I'm saying look at the quality of opponents and the performances. Same exact reason I would say BJ and Lytle should get a nod. BJ is probably a lock, and rightfully so IMHO, but that's just more reason for my example of his fight with Penn. Phone Post
1/17/13 6:41 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong

Not just a cut and dry W/L record basically. Phone Post
1/17/13 8:21 AM
patches

UGCTT_buchu8oolong - 
rufus -

I'm saying look at the quality of opponents and the performances. Same exact reason I would say BJ and Lytle should get a nod. BJ is probably a lock, and rightfully so IMHO, but that's just more reason for my example of his fight with Penn. Phone Post

couldnt have said it better
1/17/13 8:23 AM
patches

serra / penn 2 at msg would be epic
1/17/13 9:49 AM
rufus
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_buchu8oolong - 
rufus -

Assuming criteria for making it into the HOF would be a significant number of quality WINS (unless you're a legend/founder like Shamrock), what are Serra's top 5 WINS that would make him HOF worthy?  I've never heard of someone getting into a HOF for a number of exciting losses against quality opponents.

1/17/13 9:55 AM
R00STER
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Serra but c'mon this is insane. The people I hear you guys nominate for HOF sometimes blows my mind. Phone Post
1/17/13 10:03 AM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R00STER -  I love Serra but c'mon this is insane. The people I hear you guys nominate for HOF sometimes blows my mind. Phone Post

1/17/13 10:05 AM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely!!

1/17/13 10:15 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no

1/17/13 11:00 AM
rufus

ttt

1/17/13 11:21 AM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm he is a very good fighter but HOF should be something special and for fighters that have done so, i think Matt falls a bit short of this altho he has had a very solide career.
1/17/13 11:59 AM
Kingtony87
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Won tuf then the ww title in quite possibly the biggest upset in mma. I'd say yea definitely possible, wouldn't be upset to see him included. Phone Post
1/17/13 1:25 PM
patches

bonner and griffin will be for their part in ufc history....u mean to tell me first tuf winner to win a belt isnt ? i agree ...could go either way...but..he has been fighting for them for 10 years..and never fought lemons..never turned down a fight, never picked his opponents .
1/17/13 1:41 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only guy to beat GSP, Hughes and Penn (fuck those blind judges)

Hell yes

1/17/13 1:45 PM
rrg1

Serra HOF....uh no.
1/17/13 1:59 PM
rufus

Olive Garden Table For One - 

The only guy to beat GSP, Hughes and Penn (fuck those blind judges)

Hell yes

Terrible trolling...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.