UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Plazma at biotest: sad.

1/17/13 7:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
torquemada
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't comment on the actual supplement because I could buy steroids with what it costs. I just hate that a once great website (still some good articles by Tate and John et al) has become the same snake oil huckster site it originally proclaimed to hate.

Happy Thursday. Phone Post
1/17/13 8:08 AM
Wiggy
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't blame the guys for making a buck, and they do still offer some really good info.  However, their supplement side has really kinda jumped the shark.  At least once or twice a year, they seem to come out with something that's supposed to be the ultimate game-changer.  Yet after a few months of promotion, it falls by the wayside and they're onto the next thing.

Like Anaconda - remember when that whole crazy mess came out?  What happened to it?  And I'm sorry, but if Anaconda was supposed to be so awesome for putting on massive amounts of muscle, how come they're not flooded with testimonials from IFBB pros?

But then again, Tnation is also the store that sells that "hybrid" squat/deadlift bar for $539.  Boys, it's a trap bar - get over yourselves.  And you can get them all over the place for a couple hundred bucks.

Wiggy - http://www.workingclassfitness.com

1/17/13 8:32 AM
LCSULLA
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I do enjoy Tate, Wendler, and a couple of other writers, the fact that the articles are half supp ad just turn me off. Really? Dave Tate got to be 250lbs at 8% BF with some supp? GTF out.

And I felt they jumped the shark when they put out a supp that came from algae that was supposed to changed my DNA. Hahahaha
1/17/13 12:16 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro
broba-fett
brohemian rhapsody

I'm tired of just brotein shakes. tryin to get SWOLE knamean? i need a REACTIVE pump, not just a pump-pump knamean? i wanna be unbreakable brosephs, like bruce willis knamean????

LET ME PLAZMA BRO!!!!!!

1/17/13 12:37 PM
Wiggy
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^All you really need are glute-bridges, IMO.
1/17/13 12:42 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I do those with a Dead-Squat bar????????????????????
1/17/13 5:08 PM
LiveFromThe7x7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total scam site.
1/18/13 12:58 AM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I visited T-nation and checked out the products section. Holy-S~!@# have they gone down the tubes!!

$600.00 for a sled!?!

$600.00 for a Trap Bar!?!

ANACONDA...PLAZMA...ALPHA MALE...FiNINBAR...WTF???

Can you say charlatan, swindler, mountebank?

I'm never going back there again.

TAKU

1/18/13 4:40 AM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still check it for the articles, but only when I have a huge grain of salt nearby.

Since I've never bought anything from them (and never will), all it takes is a few minutes of my time.
1/18/13 8:39 AM
LCSULLA
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know a guy that uses most of their stuff. When I pointed out theirs wasnt even the best stuff on the market, he said...I shit you not..."What do you know? You dont look like those guys that use it? So why would I take your advice?" All I did was hsake may head and think...asshat.
1/18/13 9:36 AM
torquemada
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LCSULLA - I know a guy that uses most of their stuff. When I pointed out theirs wasnt even the best stuff on the market, he said...I shit you not..."What do you know? You dont look like those guys that use it? So why would I take your advice?" All I did was hsake may head and think...asshat.
Did you ask him about his drug like gains? Phone Post
1/18/13 9:42 AM
Wiggy

LCSULLA - I know a guy that uses most of their stuff. When I pointed out theirs wasnt even the best stuff on the market, he said...I shit you not..."What do you know? You dont look like those guys that use it? So why would I take your advice?" All I did was hsake may head and think...asshat.

Whatever you do, don't tell him about the Alan Aragon article that says chocolate milk is just as good or better than their super-wazoo expensive post-workout drink. That will *really* piss him off.
1/18/13 12:24 PM
LCSULLA

Wiggy - 
LCSULLA - I know a guy that uses most of their stuff. When I pointed out theirs wasnt even the best stuff on the market, he said...I shit you not..."What do you know? You dont look like those guys that use it? So why would I take your advice?" All I did was hsake may head and think...asshat.

Whatever you do, don't tell him about the Alan Aragon article that says chocolate milk is just as good or better than their super-wazoo expensive post-workout drink. That will *really* piss him off.

I would, but he would say thats why I am not 8% BF.

And torquemada, again I would but there is no talking to him. He knows everything...lol
1/18/13 1:05 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/13 2:54 PM

I have a similar experience with a young guy. He opend his gym bag, and it was over-flowing with T-nation sups. I said, "you know, you can buy all of that stuff in bulk, and make your own shakes for almost nothing compared to "SURGE" etc.

He was blown away by that idea. I sent him the links for all the stuff, everything...he never followed through...What a surprize.

TAKU

1/18/13 1:27 PM
LiveFromThe7x7

If Bioest stuff works so great, why does Chris Shugart - who has been at T-Mag/Biotest for over 10 years - look just the same as any other middle-aged guy who trains hard and eats smart?

Not hating. Shugart doesn't look *bad*. But he doesn't look any better than I or most other drug-free gym rats.

By now he should have an outrageous physique.

Also have you seen the recent videos of Dave Tate on YouTube? There's no way that guy is 8%.
1/19/13 1:00 AM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate at least is honest on his condition. He trains hard for a guy who has the injury history he has, but he also tends to have too much of a love affair with Pop-Tarts, cheeseburgers, and other things that he could get away with as a powerlifter that he doesn't quite get away with as much as a gym leader with more injuries than Mick Foley.

On the other hand, when Tate dials it in, he can still shred up. Not due to anything from BioTest mind you, but because of a dozen other "supplements" and other things he takes, combined with a dialed in diet and hard training.
1/19/13 2:09 AM
banco

Anyone know what they pay for articles? I'm curious if the money is just so good that coaches etc. don't care about been associated with that shit.
1/19/13 2:51 AM
Chocolate Shatner

totally depends on the website. I've had Becca's website (Breaking Muscle) publish about 7 or 8 of my articles, for no pay. I'm doing it to get published and for marketing of my new gym.

On the other hand, forum member vermonter (Doug) is a paid contributor. Don't know how much they pay him.

Totally depends on the website, the level of the writer, etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.