UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> why didnt UFC counterprogram bellator?

1/18/13 8:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More UG business model talk....
1/18/13 9:08 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRaider - I guess you don't have fuel. They are running UFC stuff all night every night. Constant counter programming going on.

I dont check out Fuel much but every time I've decided to spontaneously check it out it has UFC programming on. As far as I know its all about UFC now and Bellator being on Spike doesnt have a damn thing to do with it. If they are counter programming then they're doing it to ever goddamn show on tv, regardless of channel.
1/18/13 11:22 PM
Chromium
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

well well well..

Bellator 85 ratings: Spike TV debut does 'fantastic' numbers

by Dann Stupp on Jan 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm ET

pat-curran-9.jpgBellator's Season 8 debut produced "fantastic" ratings, according to Spike TV President Kevin Kay.

With the move from MTV2 to Spike TV, Thursday's Bellator 85 event averaged 938,000 viewers, nearly three times the organization's previous record.

Bellator 85 took place at Bren Events Center in Irvine, Calif. Featherweight champion Pat Curran and lightweight champion Michael Chandler made successful tittle defenses on the four-fight main card, which followed Spike.com prelims.

The Spike TV broadcast peaked with a 1.2 rating and nearly 1.1 million viewers for the opening fight betweem Curran and challenger Patricio "Pitbull" Freire. The night's other title fight, Chandler vs. Rick Hawn, averaged 950,000 viewers before the audience saw a noticeable dropoff after midnight (the broadcast officially ran until 12:12 a.m. ET).

Compared to the Season 7 debut, ratings were up 394% percent.

Bellator's previous ratings record came in May 2011, when Bellator 44 drew 325,000 viewers. Overall, Bellator's 50 events on MTV2 averaged 180,000 viewers per event.

What did TNA draw as a lead in?

1.6 million, which is higher than normal for them, although I doubt that that's because of Bellator.

It's an excellent rating but based on my very sloppy math, they still aint gonna get even 5% of the revenue the UFC does by going this route (I'm still researching this though).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.