UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: Nobody's promoted this sport more than me

1/18/13 3:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Everyone from Hector Lombard to Alan Belcher to just about everyone in between has said they want a shot at Bisping in the Octagon, and he gets it, and understands why his name is on the lips of every middleweight out there.

“I never shy away from saying things, and I’m going to sound really arrogant here, but a lot of people call me out. Almost all middleweights call me out, and they’re just trying to get a bit of hype off of my back. I’ve worked hard in this sport, I’ve fought hard, I’ve done three seasons of the Ultimate Fighter, I’ve done 10 million interviews. Nobody’s promoted this sport and the middleweight division more than me, and I guarantee that,” Bisping said recently when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio.

“Nobody’s done more interviews, nobody’s done more TV, and that’s why people want to call me out because a lot of people know who I am, and they want to take a bit of what I’ve got by fighting me or be put in the same sentence. They’re all going to get their asses kicked at the end of the day, but they might make a few dollars and get a bit of limelight out of it.”

read entire article...

1/18/13 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kimbos Bread
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No matter what he says or how outlandish it could be it will NEVER be as cunty and annoying as anything JBJ says. Phone Post
1/18/13 3:27 PM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might have been a little pissed off with him when he kneed Riviera in the head and then spit on his corner, but The Count has a point.

TTT and fuck you I do what I want and kiss ass all at the same time, mate!

1/18/13 3:28 PM
kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 1. Ken Shamrock
2. Dana white
3. Randy Couture
4. Rich franklin
5. Joe Rogan

Are people i can think of off the top of my head who have done more than bisping. All he's done is run his mouth, he hasnt gone to bat for mma like these guys above. Dont see him on piers morgan debating about the sport now do we? Phone Post
Tito

And ya bisping is more cunty than jbj Phone Post
1/18/13 3:33 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quote was slightly taken out of context. I don't ever see bisping with the strap, but it would add credibility to the mw division I think. Divisions with no dominant champ are considered stronger and its not necessarily true
1/18/13 3:34 PM
UGCTT_mrthesnake
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love or hate the guy he shows up to fight. And I can't remember when he had pulled out of a fight. He's a tough dude. Phone Post
1/18/13 3:38 PM
cool hand Ed
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, just no. Phone Post
1/18/13 3:40 PM
CarolinaSMB_CR

#GoBisping!!!!
1/18/13 3:54 PM
UGSlapshot

That man is delusional. Phone Post
1/18/13 3:56 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Bisping is bang on the money once again.

He talks.......

You listen. Phone Post
1/18/13 3:58 PM
da Vinci 81
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he's done a ton of promotion in England as well that nobody over here even knows about. He's been the face of uk mma for years now. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:02 PM
TheOldOne2

Bisping's definitely a bit off, but he has done a lot in the UFC and been there a long time. also, he's always called out by contenders when they're ready to be tested for true spot amongst contenders. im sure these 2 things are related.

These things also probably have a direct relation to how much he banks per fight too.
1/18/13 4:17 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he one of the top 5 or 6 no but has he helped it yes. Ultimate Fighter when you have coaches that generally don't like each other is better and Bisping was able to do that. Posterboy imo for MMA in the UK which helps. Puts himself out there which helps. I'd say he is up there in the top group but not the elite group of people who have helped make MMA what it is today
1/18/13 4:29 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Lol I wonder if he truly believes that.. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:34 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Promoted the sport more than Chael? I don't think so. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:52 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Promoted the sport more than Chael? I don't think so. Phone Post

Chael promoted himself, not the sport.
Lol you mean to tell me Bisping doesn't promote himself whenever he has a mic a in front of him? Chael is on TV way more than Bisping. Chael promotes himself but also does alot to promote the sport as an MMA analyst. He's even doing a better job at promoting TUF than when Bisping was coaching. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:56 PM
cumprido1
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% delusional. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:04 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy has never heard of Chuck Fucking Liddell?

1/18/13 5:07 PM
ano8tsixxx

I like and respect the way Bisping says what he really feels when he is interviewed. No bulls#it and to the point.
1/18/13 5:08 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stu Cazzo - 

This guy has never heard of Chuck Fucking Liddell?

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

1/18/13 5:09 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Meh. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:10 PM
Jaybrone
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingkoopa -
Ryann Von Doom - 1. Ken Shamrock
2. Dana white
3. Randy Couture
4. Rich franklin
5. Joe Rogan

Are people i can think of off the top of my head who have done more than bisping. All he's done is run his mouth, he hasnt gone to bat for mma like these guys above. Dont see him on piers morgan debating about the sport now do we? Phone Post
Tito

And ya bisping is more cunty than jbj Phone Post
Chuck
GSP
Forrest
Brock

And I agree JBJ isn't cunty just a douche. Bisping is a miserable cunt. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:13 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

fapout -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 
fapout -
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -  Promoted the sport more than Chael? I don't think so. Phone Post

Chael promoted himself, not the sport.
Lol you mean to tell me Bisping doesn't promote himself whenever he has a mic a in front of him? Chael is on TV way more than Bisping. Chael promotes himself but also does alot to promote the sport as an MMA analyst. He's even doing a better job at promoting TUF than when Bisping was coaching. Phone Post

wat?

Read the title of the thread and get back to me. Bisping is not talking about promoting himself, he's claiming to have promoted the sport more than anyone else.
And looks like nobody believes him, nor do I. Read the comments, multiple people already stated who have promoted the sport more than him. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:46 PM
WH1ZZER
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, he has proved his point.
You are all talking about him, win or loose War Bisping!
Good Luck Mike Phone Post
1/18/13 5:51 PM
BradGluckman
692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is somewhat right I have seen this highlight ^^^ on all the top sports shows

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.