UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Important letter from Ryan Hall to our community

1/18/13 5:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
overEZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Ryan. I met you a couple times and I respected you. In your letter you warn us to be wary of respecting someone we don't really know, I respected your humble nature. Now I respect you more for your courage in making a statement.
1/18/13 5:56 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Sherdoggystyle - Is it just me or did anyone feel like the letter was very preachy without explicit evidence? I mean I read the first 8 pages or so and it just really dragged on with philosophical and life advice that Ryan would give, which is great. But he never gave any explicit stories.

I don't mean to discredit Ryan Hall's letter at all. In fact, it's an important one considering how close he was to Lloyd Irvin and the "cult." But I want some anecdotes! How can I understand the advice fully if a context for it isn't really given?

He didnt even use his name, seems he intentionaly kept it vauge in specifics

1/18/13 6:01 PM
TrappeBier
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
1/18/13 6:01 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

for those who have not seen it, the classic Ryan Hall Pizza parlor 'street fight'

1/18/13 6:05 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for later. Phone Post
1/18/13 6:11 PM
Stache
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan did a masterful job of supporting those brave voices that expressed concern before his, while reaching out to certain people he fears are making the same mistakes he made when he was younger.

A wonderfully articulate and heart felt read.
1/18/13 6:15 PM
Stache
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was no need for names. People know who they are, and more importantly, it's pretty obvious he didn't want to exclude anyone who finds themself in a similar position.
1/18/13 6:19 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker - Nice read but have the balls to name names and come out and say what you mean without the flowery BS.

Ryan Hall has no balls is what you took from that?

I'm going to go all Ryan Hall on your ass and walk away.
1/18/13 6:36 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Heel Hooker - Nice read but have the balls to name names and come out and say what you mean without the flowery BS.

Its called plausible deniability you ogre, you have a painted mohawk huh?

1/18/13 6:38 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan hall just moved up a long way in my book. This should be required reading for everyone involved in martial arts Phone Post
1/18/13 7:07 PM
Smith1234
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good letter

1/18/13 7:09 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Stop the trolling Heel Hooker.

1/18/13 7:20 PM
TKOhYeah
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/18/13 7:33 PM
brightness

Awesome letter, glad i read it...
1/18/13 7:42 PM
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he would have came out and said LLOYD IRVIN or name names... There would be a lawsuit or cease and desist order filed immediately. Don't think that the marketing master that used SEO and bought up websites wouldn't take the legal route also, especially since 50/50 is in direct competition with TLI affiliate schools. Phone Post
1/18/13 7:42 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved the letter, and maybe its just because I'm upset at the whole situation surrounding LI and his past (possibly present) actions, but I do kind of wish Mr. Hall was more specific on certain things. There was a lot in the letter about the good rising up to do good things and to squash negativity and while its obvious that was his intent with this letter, I feel like he left too much out of it. Failing to even mention his previous affiliation that he left due to all of the wrongs that have been commited against himself and others I think falls slightly short of presenting to others who are in the position he once was in that they can speak out and call out the bad people in life.

Again, it may just because I'm upset at this situation and wish that Mr. Hall would have (or could have) been more aggressive with the letter. That said, I understand him not wanting to just bluntly name names and keep the letter a little vague regarding the specifics.

I have nothing but respect for Ryan and and thrilled that he took the time to compose this letter as I think even more people from LI's school need to speak out as well. Ryan has always (at least as long as I've known about him via videos on the internet) shown himself to be an upstanding individual who fights for the good of the people and this letter is no different.
1/18/13 7:44 PM
dhughes
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He really doesn't need to say details. He knows that the people who will understand his message are smart enough to put the details in place. Fantastic letter.
1/18/13 7:45 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - He really doesn't need to say details. He knows that the people who will understand his message are smart enough to put the details in place. Fantastic letter.

Indeed.

1/18/13 8:09 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dhughes - He really doesn't need to say details. He knows that the people who will understand his message are smart enough to put the details in place. Fantastic letter.

I'm sure this is true but I just want LI to be exposed greatly and was hoping to see more of an exposure than a warning. Thats just me but I also realize that I'm not the one putting myself out there and doing the exposing myself. I comment Ryan for his letter and hope that it will lead to more people coming out with their feelings toward LI. I'm still surprised no news outlets, whether large or small, have put this information out there. I'd hope for Helwani to talk about it on his show but surely he'd be risking a lot.
1/18/13 8:46 PM
dhughes
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 

I'm sure this is true but I just want LI to be exposed greatly and was hoping to see more of an exposure than a warning. Thats just me but I also realize that I'm not the one putting myself out there and doing the exposing myself. I comment Ryan for his letter and hope that it will lead to more people coming out with their feelings toward LI. I'm still surprised no news outlets, whether large or small, have put this information out there. I'd hope for Helwani to talk about it on his show but surely he'd be risking a lot.

Yeah, I completely understand where you are coming from and I agree entirely about LI needing to be exposed. I also agree that it would be a lot for any one person to take on their own shoulders. Furthermore, I fully agree that it is the responsibility of the media to pick up this story and get it out in the open. I think Ryan did a great job with this letter and it was meant for those already in-the-know. Hopefully, someone in the position to gain a wide readership will step up and put it all out there.
1/18/13 8:53 PM
Hey Beer Man
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am the 97%
1/18/13 8:54 PM
,DBK,
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT, very well written
1/18/13 9:19 PM
torquemada
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/18/13 9:20 PM
dking
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/18/13 9:26 PM
baby-silverback
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.