UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Important letter from Ryan Hall to our community

1/19/13 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eljamaiquino
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherdoggystyle - 
Forrest Gimp - 
Sherdoggystyle - Is it just me or did anyone feel like the letter was very preachy without explicit evidence? I mean I read the first 8 pages or so and it just really dragged on with philosophical and life advice that Ryan would give, which is great. But he never gave any explicit stories.

I don't mean to discredit Ryan Hall's letter at all. In fact, it's an important one considering how close he was to Lloyd Irvin and the "cult." But I want some anecdotes! How can I understand the advice fully if a context for it isn't really given?

Any explicit story would probably equal a lawsuit.

Not if it's true.

A lot of people told the truth about Lance Armstrong, got sued, and lost. Truth means very little in the legal system....
1/19/13 3:20 PM
GaryG
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

William Colosimo - This should be stickied. Too bad this couldnt somehow be required reading for this site and MA schools

+1 for making it a sticky
1/19/13 3:23 PM
ato316
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

+1 more for mods to sticky
1/19/13 4:05 PM
T-Ham
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ato316 - +1 more for mods to sticky
Agreed Phone Post
1/19/13 6:32 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaryG - 
William Colosimo - This should be stickied. Too bad this couldnt somehow be required reading for this site and MA schools

+1 for making it a sticky

+1
1/19/13 7:32 PM
KingGo
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/19/13 7:57 PM
AokiPants
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fishyfish -

. Phone Post
1/19/13 8:39 PM
Herecomesthejester
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/19/13 9:09 PM
Zapruder
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMMM I LOVE it! Nice to see this FINALLY happening...took long enough
1/19/13 9:37 PM
FingerorMoon
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy jebus that letter was an epic beat down
1/19/13 9:44 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heeeyyyyyyoooooo!

Just kidding.

Fuck that yelling at events.

Good on Ryangle.

It's a cult for sure. Phone Post
1/19/13 10:05 PM
kying418
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Heeeyyyyyyoooooo!

Just kidding.

Fuck that yelling at events.

Good on Ryangle.

It's a cult for sure. Phone Post

At the very least, a part of Team LI will feel dumb anytime they say that battle cry at the tournaments.
1/19/13 11:16 PM
AWSolis
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vote up for a STICKY!
1/20/13 2:40 AM
burner22
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/20/13 3:09 AM
ultimatestreetfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too long, didn't read the whole thing.

i was hoping that ryan would give DETAILS about the shady stuff lloyd was doing to make him leave the team. but instead he opted to remain vague. what a letdown.
1/20/13 5:52 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone mail this letter to the Jungle house? I think there might be a very good audience there. Phone Post
1/20/13 5:55 AM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for later Phone Post
1/20/13 7:24 AM
Trick or Truth
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent read, what a class act.
1/20/13 10:07 AM
supercan
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. AMAZING. We will be sharing this with our students.
1/20/13 3:03 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4ltr
1/20/13 3:18 PM
TheGoldenRule
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad respect for Ryan Hall Phone Post
1/20/13 5:54 PM
ATAP
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I hope someone tapes this letter to Marcos Avellan's forehead"

yea, with a stapler. While they're at it, they should probably include a dictionary.. some serious words used in there.
1/21/13 2:40 AM
burner22
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/21/13 6:48 AM
Stipe
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ultimatestreetfighter - too long, didn't read the whole thing.

i was hoping that ryan would give DETAILS about the shady stuff lloyd was doing to make him leave the team. but instead he opted to remain vague. what a letdown.

I must say I, too, don't mind hearing the actual facts about actual events. Putting in a few of those paints a better picture.

His letter omitted that.
1/21/13 12:37 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open Mat Radio - 

We urge everyone to take a few minutes of their time and read this extremely important letter by Ryan Hall to the martial arts community. Please read, reflect on what Ryan has to say and please share this. We need to help bring light back to our community and this is an amazing step in that direction. Much respect to Ryan for being brave and posting it. It is too lengthy to post so please read it all here

http://livingthemartialarts.com/

that was beautiful and eloquently written! Ryan is a real martial artist!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.