UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage: My career doesn't end with the UFC

1/18/13 4:18 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“There’re a lot of reasons I’m leaving the UFC, but the straw that broke the camel’s back was that they knew I was injured before the Bader fight. The card wasn’t strong enough for the fans. I didn’t feel I could pull out of the fight because it was in Japan and that’s where I came from. The UFC had all the old Pride fighters busy,” explains Rampage. “They knew they [were] going to Japan but they had Dan Henderson, Shogun [Mauricio Rua], all the guys fighting before. Then they tried not to put me on the card and go to Chicago on a Fox card, and I just couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t use the Pride guys.”

Though Rampage took the responsibility to fight with his injury, he said it was Dana White’s reaction to his loss that pushed Jackson to make his decision to leave.

“Dana said [publicly] my head wasn’t into the fight and he talked some s--- about me even though he knew I had the injury. They’d helped me with the injury. That was the last straw for me.”

While "Rampage" Jackson has clearly fallen out of love with the UFC, his MMA career is far from over.

“I’m training better than ever now my knee is fixed. I was fighting with a bum knee for 12 years and it finally gave out on me before the Bader fight. Now I’m getting better, I’m getting faster. I’ve got a good team around me and I’m more positive now so I know this is the next chapter for me. I’m training harder than I have in a long time and I know I’m gonna destroy this guy,” Jackson states calmly. “These next fights are about my legacy. I wanna go out there and destroy some people in MMA and move on and start making movies and TV shows and video games.”

read entire article...

1/18/13 4:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GtheMVP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tired of this diva, you can't be such a drama queen and bully with such a poor record (as of late).

1/18/13 4:38 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is it, knee is fixed he is motivated.

Glover better watch his ass!! Phone Post
1/18/13 4:40 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope the best for Rampage. Ive always admired him for him fighting through the problems he had as a child after being ran over by a car. My cousin wasn't as lucky :(
1/18/13 4:42 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

rampage is slowly turning into tito

1/18/13 4:45 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire

Hope the best rampage shows up and destroys glover!!!
1/18/13 4:45 PM
Lazer MMA

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -  This is it, knee is fixed he is motivated.

Glover better watch his ass!! Phone Post

Has got TRT, needs a new deal, and wants to take down Dana's great new hope at LHW too!

War Rampage, make him suffer!
1/18/13 4:47 PM
TDogg926
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So when he leaves, who the fuck is he gonna fight? King Mo and ............

Seriously, if it's about your legacy you prob should stay in the UFC. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:47 PM
Lazer MMA

Take me some black on Brazilian crime Page!
1/18/13 4:51 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, he wants his legacy to be that he's finally healthy, so he can leave the UFC and go beat up lesser competition?

1/18/13 4:51 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spoiled lazy excuse making psycho energy drink driving Mma fighter

Make movies? Videogames?

I doubt it, UFC gave him exposure to do those things if he is out of UFC then his Acting talents will get him some b movie stuff at best

Ateam part two!

He doesnt have desire to fight hard And train hard then leave the sport Phone Post
1/18/13 4:53 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I normally don't make fight predictions, but Glover via TKO.
1/18/13 4:54 PM
MMALOGIC

this is a common pattern with rampage... he always blames somebody and talks shit.  he blamed his original coaches when he was in pride... then it was juantito ibarra... even talked shit about the a-team movie... and now zuffa.

1/18/13 4:54 PM
JetSetter

This dude lost his edge long ago.

C-ya Phone Post
1/18/13 4:56 PM
yellow's Overseer
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can he PLEASE just stop? Phone Post
1/18/13 4:56 PM
ortman166

I wanted to believe in him until that last line about movies and video games came out. Phone Post
1/18/13 4:59 PM
Lazer MMA

gamer - 
Lazer MMA - 

What are you 12 years old? I bet you think you are witty too! In general, you are by far one of the most obnoxious and immature posters on this site. I have no clue how you are not bannned yet. You are an obvious basement dwelling troll

Thaiguy you've been banned 5 fuckin times. You're demented and a twit. How many accounts do you have now?
1/18/13 5:05 PM
Yelm
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want to See Glover completely destroy Rampage.  The guy above who said he is turning into Tito is right.

1/18/13 5:08 PM
Lazer MMA

gamer - 
Lazer MMA - 
gamer - 
Lazer MMA - 

What are you 12 years old? I bet you think you are witty too! In general, you are by far one of the most obnoxious and immature posters on this site. I have no clue how you are not bannned yet. You are an obvious basement dwelling troll

Thaiguy you've been banned 5 fuckin times. You're demented and a twit. How many accounts do you have now?

Speaking of demented. YOU stalk accounts to the point of knowing how much a poster was banned. You sir have issues! How you have managed to keep trolling without getting banned is beyond me! You are an aweful poster! Grow up while you are at it too! Oh and stop dick tucking you little faggot. Another member called you out for the UG grand prix! I know why you dick tucked, because if you accept people will see that you really are a 12 year ild basment dwelling troll who would get his shit pushed in

TY for confirmation 6th ban pending..............
1/18/13 5:28 PM
Dire
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to be such a big Rampage fan, but last few years since he won the title then lost it, everytime he speaks he makes himself look worse.. I know he doesnt care, but he used to fight for his fans or at least pretend to, latley he just doesnt care..
1/18/13 5:28 PM
Liquid8

At best he'll be doing local car dealership commercials in 5 years. His future doesn't look bright outside of the UFC. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:29 PM
SupesUp
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamer -
Lazer MMA - 
gamer - 
Lazer MMA - 

Speaking of demented. YOU stalk accounts to the point of knowing how much a poster was banned. You sir have issues! How you have managed to keep trolling without getting banned is beyond me! You are an aweful poster! Grow up while you are at it too! Oh and stop dick tucking you little faggot. Another member called you out for the UG grand prix! I know why you dick tucked, because if you accept people will see that you really are a 12 year ild basment dwelling troll who would get his shit pushed in
Hah, no one had to stalk your account to know how many times you've been banned, you make it pretty obvious. Phone Post
1/18/13 5:34 PM
ender852
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be so epic if rampage mops the floor with glover, drops the mic and walks out of the ufc.

EPIC Phone Post
1/18/13 7:28 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rebney wants to sign Rampage big time.

He'll be in Bellator before the end of 2013.

1/18/13 8:50 PM
White Buffalo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes it does. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.