UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator Does 1 Million Viewers in Debut

1/19/13 3:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macedawgg -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
Macedawgg - 

What is the UFC a league of?

Who comprises the league of UFC?

That's right--it isn't a league at all--neither is Wimbledon.

league of fighters?

Not even close

Exactly! This is an individual sport. Individual sports are made best by creating the best match-ups possible. UFC pretending to be a NFL type scenario only hurts the sport because they refuse to cross promote out of fear that their champs or golden boys will get beat like Chuck did in Pride.

UFC protects their brand so you have to believe all the best fighters are there... Yet pretty much every contender at 155-170 all came from another league. If Strikeforce wasn't acquired Dana would still be telling you that Overeem, DC, Barnett, Werdum are not top 10 or are UFC washouts... And idiots here would believe it.

King Mo is prob the best 205 to challenge Jon Jones right now. Chandler beat Eddie and he is getting a title shot if he goes to the UFC. Jacare and Rockhold are killers. WSOF is building amazing bantamweight and featherweight divisions. Fuck even MFC's middleweight division is stacked. Joseph Henle and Elvis would do extremely well in the UFC. I could go on all day. Quit being fanboys and just support the best fighters when they fight. Phone Post
1/19/13 8:03 AM
dannyapodaca
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great show and i'm looking forward to next weeks fights.
1/19/13 9:30 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Macedawgg - 
Macedawgg - 

league of fighters?

Not even close

care to elaborate? of course they are not the same but comparing the ufc to the nfl and players with nfl teams and maybe bellator as the cfl is closer than comparing the ufc as a whole to the single event that is wimbeldon. honestly that comparison makes no sense.  maybe if wimbeldon was held 30 times a year and the french open was held 30 times a year it would be closer.  or maybe if you compared the ufc to the tour that would be closer.  but therew nothing really stopping the fighters from formung something like the tour is there? i mean u tried to form something like that right and it didnt work right?

1/19/13 10:24 AM
Chomas
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thus is good for the fans. UFC needs another promotion to keep them honest. Phone Post
1/19/13 3:53 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macedawgg - 
Macedawgg - 

league of fighters?

Not even close

care to elaborate? of course they are not the same but comparing the ufc to the nfl and players with nfl teams and maybe bellator as the cfl is closer than comparing the ufc as a whole to the single event that is wimbeldon. honestly that comparison makes no sense.  maybe if wimbeldon was held 30 times a year and the french open was held 30 times a year it would be closer.  or maybe if you compared the ufc to the tour that would be closer.  but therew nothing really stopping the fighters from formung something like the tour is there? i mean u tried to form something like that right and it didnt work right?

Other than titles and exclusivity--your right, nothing is stopping anyone. . . .

If Wimbledon required exclusivity--early on at the inception of tennis tournaments--that's exactly what you'd have, Wimbledon DC, Wimbledon London, Wimbledon Australia, etc.  

Wimbledon would still not be a league of anything. 

No, I didn't try to form anything of the sort--but I'm sure you knew that Goku.

1/19/13 4:02 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Macedawgg - 
Macedawgg - 
Macedawgg - 

league of fighters?

Not even close

Other than titles and exclusivity--your right, nothing is stopping anyone. . . .

If Wimbledon required exclusivity--early on at the inception of tennis tournaments--that's exactly what you'd have, Wimbledon DC, Wimbledon London, Wimbledon Australia, etc.  

Wimbledon would still not be a league of anything. 

No, I didn't try to form anything of the sort--but I'm sure you knew that Goku.

is everyone exclusive? no.  and why does t wimbelson hold 30 events a year around the world without exclusivity then? or are u suggesting that the ufc should hold one event a year? im sure the fans and fighters would love that.

1/19/13 4:53 PM
Macedawgg
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So close to the answer Goku--but not quite there. 

And no, that is not at all what I am suggesting.

1/19/13 4:55 PM
Authority Figure

Lahzerous - In before Shoemoney.

Cotdamnit. lol Beat me again. 

1/19/13 5:01 PM
Nexuscrawlers
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy -
Macedawgg -
Macedawgg - 

league of fighters?

Not even close

Exactly! This is an individual sport. Individual sports are made best by creating the best match-ups possible. UFC pretending to be a NFL type scenario only hurts the sport because they refuse to cross promote out of fear that their champs or golden boys will get beat like Chuck did in Pride.

UFC protects their brand so you have to believe all the best fighters are there... Yet pretty much every contender at 155-170 all came from another league. If Strikeforce wasn't acquired Dana would still be telling you that Overeem, DC, Barnett, Werdum are not top 10 or are UFC washouts... And idiots here would believe it.

King Mo is prob the best 205 to challenge Jon Jones right now. Chandler beat Eddie and he is getting a title shot if he goes to the UFC. Jacare and Rockhold are killers. WSOF is building amazing bantamweight and featherweight divisions. Fuck even MFC's middleweight division is stacked. Joseph Henle and Elvis would do extremely well in the UFC. I could go on all day. Quit being fanboys and just support the best fighters when they fight. Phone Post
Great post. Phone Post
1/19/13 5:37 PM
Authority Figure

Like how people with no broadcasting, marketing, sports promotion, or event planning experience are laying out full plans on how Bellator can succeed on SPIKE. 

In my book, good fights mean staying power. Plain and simple.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.