UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito: I don't want weight cut to kill Cyborg

1/18/13 10:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tito Oritz is retired as a fighter, but is just getting warm as a manager. His major client at present is former Stikeforce women's featherweight champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos.

The UFC will shortly debut a 135 lb. women's division, and would love a superfight with Cris Cyborg vs. UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, but it would have to be at 135.

Cyborg's camp initialy said that following a meeting with her doctors, Santos will not be able to make the 135 lb weight division.

Then UFC president Dana White said that the promotion would assist Santos in making the required cut to 135.

"She can get to this weight," said White. "We have an expert who can help you lose weight in a healthy way. We have Mike Dolce, who has wrestlers lose weight and still feel good and it's all about your diet. He is 100 percent ready to work with her and will not cost anything to Cris."

"Cyborg needs to get on the boat. If she wants to fight in the UFC, she'll have to fight this category of 135 pounds. The stupidest thing about it is that she has Tito Ortiz as his manager."

Now Tito says Cyborg could indeed make the cut to 135, but he doesn't want it to kill her.

"She wants the fight with Ronda, but the biggest challenge and the biggest obstacle for us is getting down to 135," said Ortiz. "You know, Ronda's fought at 145 for her whole career besides her last fights, and ‘Cyborg's' fought her whole career at 145. She doesn't know what it feels like to get down to 135."

"For a woman, it's very difficult. For a man it's easier. There's no fat on that woman. She walks at 170, 172, naturally, and for her to cut down for 135 for that one, its physically unhealthy. As a former UFC fighter, wrestler, I've been cutting weight for over 20 years and I've been dieting for over 20 years. I feed myself, I do my own diet, I did the right things in my career to cut the weight. There's times in my career where I cut 25 pounds for weight, but as a man, that's OK, because I can have three percent body fat. For a woman, that's unhealthy. A woman can't be under 12 percent body fat. Because for them, they're missing their menstrual cycles."

"I want to make sure as a manager to make the right decision for my fighters' future, health wise. I don't want her dying because of cutting too much weight, we've seen that happen before in college wrestling. I want to make sure that doesn't happen under the UFC, someone under my wing, under my name, I don't want that to happen. If UFC can make it happen, Mike Dolce can make it happen, Cris Cyborg is going to fight Ronda Rousey. "

Read entire article...

1/18/13 10:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IHangFromBJsBallSack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-insert comments about roiding or ducking here Phone Post
1/18/13 10:23 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

IHangFromBJsBallSack - -insert comments about roiding or ducking here Phone Post
Woah hope that's not fighter bashing, didn't read before posting lol. Phone Post
1/18/13 10:28 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUTA for the managerial.....win? Or more of an awkward rebuttal? Either way, let the circus commence!!!

PS: Cyborg has seen her monthly visitor since she was 10.
1/18/13 10:28 PM
Hocky Balboa
9175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me tell ya what you're weighin' right now! Phone Post
1/18/13 10:29 PM
The Sultan
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for cyborg. If she wants the fight she has to emaciate herself to play ball. Ronda will be fresh at 135 while cyborg will be sucked out. Obvious advantage to Ronda Phone Post
1/18/13 10:31 PM
mofomike
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She will need to cut off a leg. Phone Post
1/18/13 10:31 PM
Prepare2Die

Cyborg is no victim here. Phone Post
1/18/13 10:35 PM
cool hand Ed
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right, because someone busted for steroids at 145 can't make 135 if they're clean. Phone Post
1/18/13 10:37 PM
Bean Bag
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone really care if that dude fights again (Not Tito, the other dude)?

1/18/13 10:46 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bean Bag - 

Does anyone really care if that dude fights again (Not Tito, the other dude)?

Bahahahahaha.....obvious joke, I know, but no less funny. Bravo sir.
1/18/13 11:04 PM
zFugitive
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she shouldn't have used roids to pack on all that muscle over the years.

Her own fault, the fact that they are even willing to give her a 2nd chance and she ducks the only available weight class...GG

I doubt she can even make 145 without her winstrol
1/18/13 11:07 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -  Let me tell ya what you're weighin' right now! Phone Post

he does have a way with words!
1/18/13 11:07 PM
AyyAnt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how true Titos word is but damn if she does walk at 170+ thats pretty crazy
1/18/13 11:23 PM
deadlysyn

170 my ass. In my best training shape I walked around at 178 without cutting weight. I first meet Cyborg around that time. Seeing her on TV I thought that she was a huge muscular girl, but when I met her in person I was shocked to see how small she was, I expected her to be a lot bigger and this was well after she had any fight at the time. So I find it very very hard to believe that she walks around 8lbs lighter then what I was at the time where I was way bigger then her and much taller 5-11, she seemed 5-6 at most. Seems just like an excuse. 

1/18/13 11:27 PM
LFTM
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool hand Ed - Right, because someone busted for steroids at 145 can't make 135 if they're clean. Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/18/13 11:38 PM
bruised
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LFTM -
cool hand Ed - Right, because someone busted for steroids at 145 can't make 135 if they're clean. Phone Post
. Phone Post
!

It's too bad she can't make weight in the only weight class available. Maybe Invicta can accommodate her so she can fight at 145 and still make babies ... Phone Post
1/18/13 11:41 PM
crowbar
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well then,shut up & have her ass fight in some other promotion at 145.The ball is in Ronda`s court.

Love it or leave it.

1/18/13 11:42 PM
crowbar
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn bruised,your post got in before mine (while I was typing)

1/18/13 11:46 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

You know what else probably stops up the menstrual cycle? ...Testosterone. Phone Post
1/19/13 12:55 AM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a big difference between "cutting" weight and "reducing" weight. Chris probably can't make 135 with the amount of muscle mass she currently carries. She just needs to reduce her overall body mass. There is no danger in reducing her body mass, it would probably be healthy for her to do that. "Cutting" weight means depleting body fluids at the last minute to weigh less. Chris could easily drop 10 lbs of muscle mass and then "cut" the same amount of weight she normally does to make 145 and weigh in at 135.
1/19/13 1:04 AM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole thing seems to be about Tito, not Chris Cyborg. Any "manager" with a handful of bran cells would jump at the opportunity to get their female fighter into a UFC main event pay per view. Instead Tito is doing everything possible to keep his fighter out of a UFC headliner. I hope Chris has some people around her telling her her "manager" does not have her best interest in mind.
1/19/13 3:14 AM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Someone under my wing, under my name"... Tito always makes me laugh, always finding a way to turn the spotlight on him. I don't know any other manager that makes the focus on themselves, other then their fighter. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:06 AM
Roy Batty
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crwhitlock - This whole thing seems to be about Tito, not Chris Cyborg. Any "manager" with a handful of bran cells would jump at the opportunity to get their female fighter into a UFC main event pay per view. Instead Tito is doing everything possible to keep his fighter out of a UFC headliner. I hope Chris has some people around her telling her her "manager" does not have her best interest in mind.

This.
1/19/13 9:11 AM
Steven McTowelie
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crwhitlock - There is a big difference between "cutting" weight and "reducing" weight. Chris probably can't make 135 with the amount of muscle mass she currently carries. She just needs to reduce her overall body mass. There is no danger in reducing her body mass, it would probably be healthy for her to do that. "Cutting" weight means depleting body fluids at the last minute to weigh less. Chris could easily drop 10 lbs of muscle mass and then "cut" the same amount of weight she normally does to make 145 and weigh in at 135.
This. Tired if the constant weight cut talk from this camp. There is one weight class, take it or leave it. It's not open to discussion.

And it's called losing weight. It's not just about cutting. Can't we just stop reporting any nonsense Cyborg news until she loses fucking weight and is ready to fight in the UFC or she signs elsewhere at 145? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.