UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Curran: I am one of the top P4P fighters in MMA

1/18/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran has gone 9-1 since 2010 including wins over Roger Huerta, Mike Ricci, Joe Warren, and most recently Patricio Freire. With Curran’s only loss in the span coming by decision to Alvarez prior to his current run at 145 pounds, a stint in the Octagon certainly makes sense even if it is likely a long ways off.

Regardless of his long-term future, Curran considers himself to currently be one of the sport’s top competitors and expects to be in an even more elevated position come 2014 when a discussion on the UFC might merit re-visiting.

“I know this is gonna be a good year for me. I want to stay as active as possible. We have Daniel Straus next. I just gotta go home, get a couple X-Rays, make sure everything’s okay, and I’m gonna be right back in the gym training,” said Curran recently. “I definitely feel like I’m one of the best fighters, not just in my weight-class but pound-for-pound in the world.”

Read entire article...

1/18/13 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
k1levelstriking
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eventually I'd like to see a Curran vs Chandler super fight if they both run out of challengers Phone Post
1/18/13 11:07 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him. Success at LW and FW, beat great fighters at both weight and only lost to Alvarez in the past few years. Incredibly well-rounded skillset, and tough as nails. Phone Post
1/18/13 11:35 PM
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not even close
1/18/13 11:38 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him fight in the UFC before he can proclaim that but he is very good no doubt. Phone Post
1/19/13 1:51 AM
MachidasStraightLeft
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's good, no doubt.  Not a top P4P fighter though, not even close.  I don't even think he's top 3 in the world at FW.  I'd put him behind Aldo, Edgar and Mendes.

If you don't think Edgar qualifies as a FW yet then Curran is number 3.

1/19/13 2:16 AM
The Coolest Retard

You godamn mother-buttfucking right you are, bro!
1/19/13 7:12 AM
razrtyrone

as long as he stays in bellator there will be doubters
1/19/13 8:43 AM
Kirik
1742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt for Pat Curran!

1/19/13 9:00 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat is awesome and i agree with him; one of the tops.  I think he's a titan at 145, still very good 155, but not the right weigth for him IMO.  The Chandler fight would be awesome, but I think he gets pushed around a bit and Chandler is f'ing beast right and getting more dangerous every fight.  

1/19/13 3:41 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first day i ever saw Pat train, i new he was going to be one of the top pound for pound fighters out there. This is great to see his career take off. He trains like an animal and is a good dude too. You can't help but want to see him succeed. Currans MMA is full of great fighters, and great martial artist
1/19/13 3:43 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not too mention the peruvian neck tie he double tied on my ass. :)
1/19/13 3:53 PM
Lobo8

lol, no
1/19/13 5:00 PM
steve sandstrom
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't be p4p if you don't fight the best in the world. Until he fights and beats the best, not even close. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.