UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wanted to share a letter from my Uncle Paul

1/18/13 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mister Moonlight
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

September 8, 1987

Dear Matthew,

As the senior member of the clan, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you aboard. You know, you are a very lucky young man; because not only do you have a slew of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great grandparents that love you, but two of the finest people I know for a Mom and Dad.

I hope you have a great life that's full of excitement, challanges and happiness. You've got a good start. But listen, even though mom and dad are going to bug you from time to time, listen to them; they won't steer you wrong. I can't wait to see you skate, but I hope you can use that hockey stick better than your dad

Be Happy, Uncle Paul

I believe you are the man you are today because of everybody you've ever interacted with, good or bad. That being said, my Uncle Paul was responsible for shaping a good deal of the person I've become and the success that has come with that.

He passed away ago a year ago today after a five years struggle with cancer, and I needed to share this with everybody and nobody at all. He wrote that letter on the day I was born, and it's the first thing I see every day.

That being said, this weekend I'm going to do whatever it is that is going to make me the most happy. I sincerely hope you can do the same this weekend.

If you read through any or all of this post, I thank you.
1/18/13 11:26 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very nice.  And a hockey player as well?  Good man in my books.

1/18/13 11:29 PM
panic686
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool thing to share. Thanks Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.