UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Disappointed Pros are quiet about TLI

1/20/13 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian J DSouza -
Evzey -  I'd also like to know why no MMA journalist has tried to look into this matter Phone Post

http://www.fightopinion.com/2013/01/12/court-lloyd-irvin-students-rape/

http://www.cagepotato.com/so-i-guess-we-should-talk-about-the-whole-lloyd-irvin-rape-thing/

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-Two-Men-Arrested-for-Alleged-Rape-of-Fellow-Lloyd-Irvin-Student-on-New-Years-Eve-48967

And just one of MANY stories from BloodyElbow.com:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/18/3891382/gracie-brothers-lloyd-irvin-student-rape-case-bjj

I would post more, but I don't have enough time.

Cheers dude but u ment the rape Lloyd Irvin was involved in Phone Post
1/20/13 3:00 PM
Smith1234
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - UFC fighters post about fucking everything including their reaction to every fight. Certainly they can mention that Lloyd Irvin is a fucking scumbag and that everyone should disassociate themselves with him.

They hit each other for roiding all the time. Why not rape?
Good point. Phone Post
1/20/13 8:03 PM
rundymc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - UFC fighters post about fucking everything including their reaction to every fight. Certainly they can mention that Lloyd Irvin is a fucking scumbag and that everyone should disassociate themselves with him.

Ah, well said sir.
1/20/13 9:51 PM
cheesesteak
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwnel2178 - Didn't War Machine already out Lloyd Irvin. Other than his students I don't see why people in MMA who are unaffiliated with LI need to speak out about this incident. It's like saying people on the Ohio State football team should be speaking out about the Jerry Sandusky incident.

No its about outing this jackass for being a rapist and ridding the mma/bjj community of him and other rapists. For christ sakes this sport/art teaches women self defense and exposes them into a coed environment that is full contact and in positions that are at intimate range. What the fuck is wrong with you!?!
1/20/13 10:13 PM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm no "pro", just a guy who had some professional fighs back in the days and I say........................

Fuck Lloyd Irvin...
1/20/13 10:14 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - UFC fighters post about fucking everything including their reaction to every fight. Certainly they can mention that Lloyd Irvin is a fucking scumbag and that everyone should disassociate themselves with him.

VTFU.

Tom's next in-ring victory interview.

"First thing, Joe, I want to thank my head BJJ instructor and the guys on my team for never attempting to participate in a gang rape.  I know it's tough, but their perseverance really gave me the strength to stay focused on this fight, and not violently assaulting the female members of the team.  Big shout-out to all the folks in the fight game that aren't sexual predators, or apologists for sexual predators. Even if they're not millionaires."

;)

1/20/13 11:54 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwnel2178 - Also why hasn't anybody put the Llyod Irvin rape incident on his wikipedia page.

it's 'disputed' as the court records are exponged after 10 years, and the single source is news articles from that period...

I think it will be, eventually.  

1/21/13 12:00 AM
Nitecrawler
1873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Several posts flying around Facebook IMO. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:11 AM
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BertR -
Tom Lawlor - 
Smith1234 - I get it that people say not all fighters should speak out against this. But neither do random posters have to speak out against it.

Yet we are. There are tons of people livid about the Ohio HS football team, but specific to this thread there are a ton of us livid at Lloyd and Avellan for that matter.

Pro fighters should be speaking out against this not because they are pro fighters. But because they are human beings like the rest of us.

The participation rate of pros is close to zero. Fans much higher. Why? Phone Post
Is the participation rate really that high? There are an infinite number of posters on the UG who aren't fighters compared to the ones that are. You guys act like every UFC fighter is a member of this board and peruses the internet looking for the best chance to speak out against Lloyd Irvin.

The truth is most UFC fighters don't come on this board because of attitudes like this, questioning fighters morality because they aren't speaking out on a situation in which its possible they don't know all the facts. The only people who maybe you should be looking for statements from are the ones who are directly in contact with TLI. Even then, those people don't owe you anything in the way of an explanation if they don't want to give one. Phone Post

It's true, they don't owe anyone anything. But at the same time, don't pretend you're a decent human being if you are burdened by the inconvenience of reading the information that's already out there which is clearly damning, and speaking out against a prominent member of your sport and community for refusing to comment on it.
You're a retard. If a fighter has no dealings with that moron Li he doesn't have to speak out. If he did he should distance like a mofo Phone Post
1/21/13 3:35 AM
effinggoof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DAVID H - I'm no "pro", just a guy who had some professional fighs back in the days and I say........................

Fuck Lloyd Irvin...

You just got Voted The Fuck Up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.