UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why is Moussasi fighting @ LHW?

1/19/13 5:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GC111 - Because he's not a pussy.

The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma are all pussies.
1/21/13 5:55 AM
GC111
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/13 5:57 AM
"The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma are all pussies."

That's a weak attempt to start shit.
1/21/13 6:03 AM
Josh Davies
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forssberg -
allforroy -  Predict weight cut to 185 within 3 fights. Phone Post

1 fight, after Gustaffson destroys him
Agreed Phone Post
1/21/13 7:38 AM
AK-BJJ

A guy like Phil Davis will be a nightmare for him, imo...
1/21/13 7:59 AM
tonytr

Gustaffson will handle him easily and get his much deserved title shot.
1/21/13 8:04 AM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
smiter -
Gene Pitney - Who would he have a better shot at beating....Jones or Anderson?
Anderson

But Anderson would beat Jones.

Jones would keep Mousassi at reach then take him down at will.

Anderson Moussasi would be all stand up which gives Gegard more of a chance but I'd still take Anderson. Phone Post
Agreed Phone Post
1/21/13 8:18 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still think he will struggle against good wrestlers at LHW and MW the Alex fight is gonna be amazing though! Phone Post
1/22/13 12:23 AM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GC111 - "The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma are all pussies."

Just paraphrasing what you meant to say.
1/22/13 12:24 AM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because he digs it.
1/22/13 12:53 AM
Wasa-B

I do think he matches up well with Gustafson.
1/22/13 12:57 AM
MartialArtsMixed
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's eventually going up to hw Phone Post
1/22/13 1:01 AM
thebigblastula

MartialArtsMixed -  He's eventually going up to hw Phone Post

He said that waaaay earlier on in his career. He was weighing around 220-230 lbs when he first moved up to LHW.

Now, he says he walks around at 210 and could make 185, but doesn't want to. In a way, it's very reasonable: while fans can recognize that ideal weight classes are generally the best, fans lose sight that dropping a weight class means forfeiting all the good (good $$$) matchups in that weight class, in exchange for another. I suppose he feels no reason to get rid of all the big LHW fights that are open to him, and would rather leave that for later, if he has to.

Also, as a side note, he's bigger than Hendo, Rashad, and Machida.
1/22/13 1:18 AM
Wasa-B

thebigblastula - 
MartialArtsMixed -  He's eventually going up to hw Phone Post

He said that waaaay earlier on in his career. He was weighing around 220-230 lbs when he first moved up to LHW.

Now, he says he walks around at 210 and could make 185, but doesn't want to. In a way, it's very reasonable: while fans can recognize that ideal weight classes are generally the best, fans lose sight that dropping a weight class means forfeiting all the good (good $$$) matchups in that weight class, in exchange for another. I suppose he feels no reason to get rid of all the big LHW fights that are open to him, and would rather leave that for later, if he has to.

Also, as a side note, he's bigger than Hendo, Rashad, and Machida.

I thought he looks comparable to Rashad and Machida. I didnt think he was 210, he looked more like barely 200 to me. 210 at LHW is not bad at all, just didnt think he was there.
1/22/13 1:57 AM
Wasa-B

Does Rashad weigh in under 205?
1/22/13 3:51 AM
orcus

1/22/13 4:01 AM
slamming

He will fight at LHW until he gets manhandled, which i suspect someone like Phil Davis or Rashad would do handily.

He can beat Gustaffson though, without a doubt.
1/22/13 10:43 AM
GC111

Wasa-B - 
GC111 - "The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma are all pussies."

Actually I don't agree with your paraphrasing statement.
1/22/13 3:34 PM
Wasa-B

GC111 - 
Wasa-B - 

Actually I don't agree with your paraphrasing statement.

The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma, etc dont cut weight?
1/22/13 3:35 PM
Wasa-B

orcus - 

Ok, yeah, that does look like he is ok at LHW, i just thought he was about 10-15lbs lighter than he is at LHW for some reason. So he is around 210, id say that's big enough and possibly bigger than Rashad and Machida.
1/23/13 1:55 AM
GC111

Edited: 01/23/13 2:09 AM
"The majority of competitors in judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, karate, tkd, bjj, sambo, mma, etc dont cut weight?"

Yes but thus like Fedor Gegard is confident enough in his skill level to fight around his natural weight. That shows confidence. Therefore he's not a pussy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.