UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Recommend a good Rum.

2/1/13 8:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
frostyturd
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lordbreakdown -

great served just on ice. it's only 72 proof so a little water goes a long way

Want this. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:09 PM
nat turner
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if anyone mentioned Ronrico ,but that sh!t kicked my crews ass ,i don;t drink i just watch everyone else get messed up.
2/1/13 9:32 PM
likatiga
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barrelito from PR. Do it faggot. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:48 PM
danggook

Based on recommendations in here I picked up a bottle of sailor jerry rum, surprised it was so cheap. What's best way to enjoy this? On the rocks? Water? Mixed with something? Phone Post
2/1/13 9:49 PM
frostyturd
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danggook - Based on recommendations in here I picked up a bottle of sailor jerry rum, surprised it was so cheap. What's best way to enjoy this? On the rocks? Water? Mixed with something? Phone Post
Rocks holmes. Phone Post
2/1/13 9:57 PM
baj54

nat turner - Not sure if anyone mentioned Ronrico ,but that sh!t kicked my crews ass ,i don;t drink i just watch everyone else get messed up.
Yeah if you like being hung over in the morning, the secret is that it is bottled by the same company who bottles Bacardi. So if you drink Bacardi lt or dk save your money and buy this garbage. Phone Post
2/1/13 10:03 PM
jason73
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you tried newfoundland screech ?
2/1/13 10:06 PM
jason73
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.screechrum.com/story.html
2/1/13 11:11 PM
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant seem to get screech in my part of the world Jason73
2/1/13 11:21 PM
Easytarget
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjrds -  Yup Im here. Not trying to be snobish really. Listen if you want to drink something just make sure that its good and you like it. Rum is one of the oldest hard liquors and the cool thing about it is that it ls made so many different ways and you can really taste the difference between countries. It goes far beyond that all the wine bs. Any good rum thats between 10-15 yrs easily reaches a level of refinement of a fine 30yr scotch. You can thank the angels share or that. Want a good rum for mixing... Try don q or havana club Phone Post

Your input is appreciated. I am a novice.
2/1/13 11:52 PM
rjrds

Barrilito is good. Barcelo gran imperial is like honey. Its around 20$ and a steal at that. Zaya from trinidad is very good. Flor de cana is great. I would stay away from pampero or diplomatico. Appleton is meh unless you start spending big money. El dorado is awesome rum from one of the oldest distilleries in the world, good shit thats a bit hard to find, expect to pay 30-40$ for it and its well worth it. Sipping rums are either served on the rocks or w a splash of water or neat in a sniffer glass. Oh and guys when buying a bottle hold it up to the light and make sure there no particulates. This is particularly hard to tell with boxed/cased products. What else you want to know? Phone Post
2/1/13 11:56 PM
rjrds

@easytarget. Go to ministryofrum dot com theres tons of info there. I spend hours there. They guys in the forums def know their shit Phone Post
2/2/13 12:07 AM
elpadrino
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If  you want to look like a real man, while ballin on a budget may i suggest:

2/2/13 12:10 AM
ViciousCesar
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My vote goes to Flor de Caña.
2/2/13 12:26 AM
Easytarget

rjrds -  @easytarget. Go to ministryofrum dot com theres tons of info there. I spend hours there. They guys in the forums def know their shit Phone Post

Like a blackhole, thanks.
2/2/13 1:43 AM
DarnSevern
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elbigsam - Release the kraken!! Phone Post
This Phone Post
2/2/13 2:18 PM
rjrds

Told ya!
Bought some brugal extra viejo

Going to try it tonite Phone Post
2/2/13 3:07 PM
RICKYB
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_stu0411 - Mount gay not mentioned yet? OG be slippin especially given the double meaning. Phone Post
Lol , but came here to post this rum , for the cash it's amazing . Phone Post
2/2/13 3:12 PM
govols6911
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sailor Jerry!
We have a whole handle to drink on tonight for my birthday/UFC! Can't wait to open it! Phone Post
2/2/13 3:43 PM
Humboldt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. Been a sailor Jerry guy for the past couple of years, looking forward to expanding my horizons with some of the suggestions on here. Phone Post
2/2/13 3:44 PM
jasonhightower
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

govols6911 - Sailor Jerry!
We have a whole handle to drink on tonight for my birthday/UFC! Can't wait to open it! Phone Post
I will be having some myself tonight. Very good taste and powerful. Phone Post
2/2/13 8:24 PM
SubConscience
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mount Gay son!! Phone Post
2/2/13 9:52 PM
danggook

Sailor jerry spiced rum is indeed some good shit Phone Post
2/2/13 9:57 PM
Dougie
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/13 10:01 PM

I have my own brand of spiced rum.

2/2/13 10:06 PM
Dougie
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjrds -  I have 35 rums in my collection I should do an AMA.

Anyways those who mentioned anything with the words captain morgan, spiced or razz are either 15 or the type of guys that call coors light a good beer and taco bell a restaurant! Phone Post

I have to ask, what makes a great rum?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.