UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gustafsson vs Mousasi in Sweden

1/19/13 8:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/13 3:34 PM
MMAViking.com

MMA Viking spoke with Alexander Gustafsson today about the rumored UFC in Sweden. Gustafsson was at the opening of Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, where he revealed that Gegard Mousasi would be his opponent. “He is by far the most dangerous opponent so far” says The Mauler about the former Strikeforce champion that will be clashing on April 6 in Stockholm.

MMA Viking is able to announce that Alexander Gustafsson will face Gegard Mousasi at the UFC in Sweden on April 6. In interview today with MMA Viking, The Mauler revealed his plans.

1/19/13 8:48 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Gustafsson's video interview coming up shortly
1/19/13 8:52 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

translated for you phone folks (for the second time in 2 minutes)

Alexander Gustafsson confirms: Meets Gegard Mousasi in the Globe on April 6

Just recently confirmed Alexander Gustafsson the UFC coming to Stockholm Globe Arena on 6 April and that there he will fight against Gegard Mousasi . Gustafsson went out with the information in connection with the inauguration of the newly opened gym Allstar Fitness, in many of the largest mass media.

When the UFC visited Sweden last spring visit was an unexpected success. The tickets sold out in just a few hours and the media became aware of the sport like never before. Dana White announced when immediately after the gala final and the great audience festival at the press conference that the UFC will return to Sweden.

Yet it is not clear what other Swedes who will be featured on the card. Kimura.se will obviously work hard to find out what, so keep an eye on the site.

1/19/13 8:55 AM
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match up
1/19/13 8:59 AM
Eunuchorn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight makes my vagina wet plain and simple
1/19/13 9:04 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Wow, my old SN is back!!

Fuck you Tartan Top Team, you lost your Heroin Whore forever!! Phone Post

I'm curious as to what I missed lol
1/19/13 9:04 AM
Brigham
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an awesome fight!!!!
1/19/13 9:05 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Gustafsson will have considerable size advantage over Mousasi. Gustafsson took down Shogun at will and I can see him taking down Mousasi too.
1/19/13 9:09 AM
smiter

Great fight and glad to see this is the level they are bringing Mousassi in against a top 5 guy.

His appearance money guarantees he always going to be on main cards and either he's capable of mixing with top 5 UFC guys or he goes down to 185. Phone Post
1/19/13 9:14 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

y kill contenders? ufc wants jones to rematch chael 11x apparently

1/19/13 9:16 AM
shatefak

Lol written by kaveh sabeghi. I know this guy Phone Post
1/19/13 9:24 AM
Timtek

Wow. Tough opening match for Gegard. Guess you gotta be careful what you wish for these days.

I think Alex will try to keep it standing and Mousasi will try to take it to the ground.
1/19/13 9:41 AM
Gene Pitney

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

huh? these guys are contenders but neither is a clear #1 contender...besides, cormier is pretty much a lock to fight jones after he flogs chael.

you think guys like gus and mousasi want to sit around doing nothing all year? no! this fight is perfect to start building the next guy after cormier
1/19/13 9:51 AM

Gene Pitney - 

huh? these guys are contenders but neither is a clear #1 contender...besides, cormier is pretty much a lock to fight jones after he flogs chael.

you think guys like gus and mousasi want to sit around doing nothing all year? no! this fight is perfect to start building the next guy after cormier

imo gust and mousasi are clearly both people that could contend for the title. its a great fight but i dont like fights that will no matter what eliminate a contender because u end up with all these rematches. 

mousasi doesnt have to sit. plenty of people for him to fight like shogun, machida, nog, thiago silva, hashad, davis, hendo. yes most those guys have upcoming fights but mousasi just fought as well.  he could fight a name by the summer easily. 

1/19/13 10:09 AM
Gene Pitney

Gene Pitney - 

imo gust and mousasi are clearly both people that could contend for the title. its a great fight but i dont like fights that will no matter what eliminate a contender because u end up with all these rematches. 

mousasi doesnt have to sit. plenty of people for him to fight like shogun, machida, nog, thiago silva, hashad, davis, hendo. yes most those guys have upcoming fights but mousasi just fought as well.  he could fight a name by the summer easily. 

So what would Gustaffson do? I don't really understand your line of thinking. In order to create a clear #1 contender, you need to put the top contenders against eachother, right?

Also, this is just my opinion, but Mousasi needs to win at least 2 fights in the UFC before he can be considered for a title fight. He's beaten some tough guys, but he's never beaten a top 10 light heavyweight.
1/19/13 10:24 AM
Card
1973 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What an amazing fight.

1/19/13 10:35 AM
DamnSevern
1191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fat referee - 
Eunuchorn - This fight makes my vagina wet plain and simple

I was thinking how to exactly convey my thoughts on mma.tv when I heard this fight announced, and I couldn't think of a better way to say it then this. VTFU

1/19/13 10:49 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Great fight, I think Gustafsson takes it Phone Post
1/19/13 10:53 AM
Lindstedt

When do the tickets go on sale?
1/19/13 10:54 AM

Gene Pitney - 
Gene Pitney - 

So what would Gustaffson do? I don't really understand your line of thinking. In order to create a clear #1 contender, you need to put the top contenders against eachother, right?

Also, this is just my opinion, but Mousasi needs to win at least 2 fights in the UFC before he can be considered for a title fight. He's beaten some tough guys, but he's never beaten a top 10 light heavyweight.

no too contenders dont need to fight each other.  u have them fight names. like rory v bj or gust v shogun

i think u can give gust a title shot now if he wants to wait or u can have him fight another name in the meantime

1/19/13 10:55 AM
caposa
1655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/13 10:58 AM

wow, this kinda came out of no where

amazing fight

all of my dream frights seem to be coming to fruition this year

1/19/13 10:56 AM
Delorian
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi is going to fuck Alexander up and move right into title contention.  

1/19/13 11:30 AM
fightsfan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight, Mousasi's first in the cage though, on Gust's home turf

Even if Gerard loses its agaisnt a top contender and doesnt hurt his status coming in that much.
1/19/13 11:31 AM

fightsfan - great fight, Mousasi's first in the cage though, on Gust's home turf

Even if Gerard loses its agaisnt a top contender and doesnt hurt his status coming in that much.

depends on how he loses, but if its decisive probably sets him back 2-3 fights at a minimum, so like a year..and that assumes he wins all those 2-3 matches

1/19/13 11:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freaking awesome fight and location for it Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.