UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gustafsson vs Mousasi in Sweden

1/20/13 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
newjack900
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome fight.. I wish this fight took place in a ring as opposed to the Octagon. 2 great European strikers just gives me the feel of a fight that in the past would have taken place in Japan. Good to see the UFC getting all the world's talent in its promotion.
1/20/13 3:31 PM
jzus14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this would be awesome! i just hope Mousasi joins a real camp/team or he can get really hurt here! but this will be an excellent match to watch plus it will be free!!
1/20/13 4:06 PM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/13 4:06 PM
I am a huge mousasi fan, but I dont like this fight for him, for some reason his standup looked worse then usual in the kyle fight, which does not make sense given hes training with world class kickboxers. The few minutes on his feet he looked tentative and slow.

He also looked small against kyle despite the win, gus is even bigger.

I will be cheering for him though, been a supporter of his since his days in pride.
1/20/13 4:09 PM
Mismatch
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 
fightharder -  As a dutchie and lover of great fighters i am a fan of the dreamcatcher but this is a bad match-up for him, that comes to soon.

Him fighting Shogun would have been a better fight for Gegard.

Then again i am a big fan of the Mauler as well. I think this is a rather easy fight for him because of both his reach and wrestling ability.

So fun to watch yes. But not the ideal moment.

Its leaves Shogun dangling in the wind and sets up another match-up where one of the winner gets a titleshot and the other will just move up into the division. Phone Post

Any idea if Nederlanders will fly up to Stockholm for the UFC?

I spend quite a lot of time in the netherlands and it would surprise me if a lot of dutch people came here for UFC with the interest level in that country. With that said I had a group of dutch friends fly in for the last UFC here in Stockholm and there will be even more coming for this one, even have some crazy belgians driving here for it. Not sure they fully appreciate how far it is.... belgians thinking they can drive anywhere in europe.
1/20/13 4:42 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brussels to Stockholm is a 15.5 hr drive according to Google Maps.

But if you are not well traveled in the area, you do get to see Bremen, Hamburg, Lubeck, Copenhagen, Malmö etc etc.

Extend it over several days, make a vacation out of it.

Or just fly ;)

Gonna have to sit this one out, myself, unfortunately, despite living in Trondheim, Norway.
1/20/13 5:22 PM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I love both these fighters but moussasi is gonna work him on the feet. I hope they get permission for the five rounds, but gonna be fireworks either way. Phone Post
1/20/13 5:24 PM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW if we were talking about flyweights, thaiguy(gamer) would still find a way to shoehorn shogun into the conversation for like 5 pages. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:10 PM
Authority Figure

Gustafsson All Day.

1/21/13 4:56 AM
flip_guard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A dangerous fight for Gustafson.

He should already be next in line for the title. Phone Post
1/21/13 5:30 AM
shatefak

superCalo - 

I laugh at Mousasi daring to come to Sweden, he shall be crushed.

I will be at the arena screaming for blood

in a polite and inoffensive manner.

Ill be there just to try to get an autograph and a picture from you.
1/21/13 3:18 PM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fly up to sweden from the netherlands... If i can get tickets. Phone Post
1/21/13 3:50 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

1/21/13 4:05 PM
Rickson's Aura

Difficult first UFC fight for Mousasi given Gustaffson's wins and size. Gustaffson is near the top of the contender list and Mousasi is unknown to the UFC fans. I thought a better match up would be shogun or Thiago silva. Both guys are aggressive and would test Mousasi on the feet and ground. Mousasi needs to get improve his cardio and takedown defense/ability to get back up in order to compete against the bigger guys.
1/22/13 1:32 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

1/22/13 2:33 PM
Zverrona

Shogun121 - I am a huge mousasi fan, but I dont like this fight for him, for some reason his standup looked worse then usual in the kyle fight, which does not make sense given hes training with world class kickboxers. The few minutes on his feet he looked tentative and slow.

He also looked small against kyle despite the win, gus is even bigger.

I will be cheering for him though, been a supporter of his since his days in pride.
I thought the same thing, he seemed to hesitate to throw in that fight although I will say that Kyle seemed like he was trying to knock his he off with every punch and Kyle threw every time mousasi kept edging closer. I expected him to be a bit sluggish just because he hasn't fought in a while. Phone Post
1/23/13 3:27 PM
Toquinho
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Money for ticks is no issue, its that they were sold out in fakkin no time last year and i tried. Phone Post
1/23/13 3:28 PM
Toquinho

Btw.. Honoured to get a quote from superCalo :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.