UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping vs. Belfort

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1/19/13 9:48 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Veteran Vitor Belfort delighted his countrymen in Sao Paulo by destroying the title dreams of middleweight rival Michael Bisping at UFC on FX 7.

Bisping had entered the cage knowing that a win would guarantee him a title shot at the all-conquering Anderson Silva. The general consensus was that if he could survive the kinetic frenzy of Belfort’s early attacks then he could grind out a priceless victory.

In fact, the opening stanza was distinctly circumspect. Both men waited patiently for their opportunities, looking to conserve energy for the later rounds.

As expected, Bisping circled away from the destructive force of Belfort’s left hand, looking to dominate with the jab and make the Brazilian southpaw miss with sharp head movement.

It was a strategy that seemed to be successful until the final few seconds when Belfort unleashed a left high kick that rocked his foe and followed up with a fusillade of power shots that was ended only by the sound of the klaxon.

Given Belfort’s extraordinary statistic of never having won a fight that went past the first round in his 16-fight UFC tenure, Bisping would have started the second stanza with a measure of confidence.

However, that confidence was shattered within moments of the re-start. Once again, it was the left high-kick that did the damage.

With speed that belied his passing years, Belfort’s lethal limb crumpled Bisping to the floor and “the Phenom” finished the contest with trademark ferocity as the Englishman (23-5) lay prone on the mat.

Belfort’s stellar career progressed to 22-10 and afterwards – to the delight of the crowd – he took the surprising step of demanding a rematch with light-heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones.

“Tell that punk Chael Sonnen, get out,” roared an emotional Belfort. “Dana and Lorenzo, take him out. I want to fight Jon Jones. I need that rematch. Take that clown away. Go home”

Whether the UFC powerbrokers will grant the Brazilian his wish is debatable. But he’s not clowning around.

Vitor Belfort in the Octagon is still phenomenal.

Follow UnderGround Columnist Ralph Welch on Twitter

Michael "The Count" Bisping Vs. Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5)
Name Michael Bisping Michael Bisping
Height 6′ 1″ (185.42 cm)
Weight 184 (83.46 kg)
Record 23-4-0
Team  
VS
Name Vitor Belfort Vitor Belfort
Height 6′ 0″ (182.88 cm)
Weight 185 (83.91 kg)
Record 21-10-0
Team Xtreme Couture

-Vitor Belfort defeated Michael Bisping by TKO (Ref Stoppage, 2nd Round, 1:27)

1/19/13 9:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
idsmashit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/13 9:51 AM
after rd 1 Belforts a walking punch bag.
1/19/13 9:56 AM
Gene Pitney

vitor would be so fucking awesome if he didnt always gas
1/19/13 10:31 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor by 1st Round KO Phone Post
1/19/13 10:33 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Bisping via being completely superior. Phone Post
1/19/13 10:35 AM
ender852
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Count via gas tank Phone Post
1/19/13 10:40 AM
WH1ZZER
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long before the Hendo gif is posted by some boring yank? Yawn Phone Post
1/19/13 5:16 PM
Body Shots
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually a fan of BISPING now.. Hope he gets the win...

But then he gets KTFO by Andy!! Phone Post
1/19/13 5:18 PM
roperninja
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Belfort! I do worry aboutthe gas tank! Phone Post
1/19/13 5:27 PM
weepingbeaver

WH1ZZER - How long before the Hendo gif is posted by some boring yank? Yawn Phone Post
Was thinking that exact same thing mate.

WAR BISPING! Phone Post
1/19/13 5:36 PM
Clive

Bisping by twister Phone Post
1/19/13 5:43 PM
A.W.Ashford
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor, via arm bar. Phone Post
1/19/13 5:47 PM
Philosopher

hmm, fight is in Brazil pairing the legendary Vitor vs. English Pub Pillow Hands.

The only way Bisping could knock out Vitor is if he octagon(tm) were to collapse and kill Belfort from the crowd noise when they announce Vitor.
1/19/13 5:47 PM
Gib
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my heart is with vitor, but id put my money on count douchsping. via conditioning.

vitor needs to use his size and strength advantage to finish within 2 or 3 rounds
1/19/13 6:05 PM
iamrodhull
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping - sharpshooter. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:09 PM
Leigh
881 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has Vitor gassed at 185? Phone Post
1/19/13 6:18 PM
yellow's Overseer
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout - I am sure that Rashad has put Vitors gas tank through hell.
. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:23 PM
liamthomas

Bisping UD, stay on the outside for the first 2 rounds, then when vitor is abit gassed bisping will take more chance and land a couple takedowns Phone Post
1/19/13 6:24 PM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WH1ZZER -  How long before the Hendo gif is posted by some boring yank? Yawn Phone Post

I'm a "Yank" I guess, and Bisping has grown on me quite a bit over the years and I believe he takes Vitor, but come on, that gif is the greatest thing ever and you know it. Take your feelings out of it and acknowledge the greatness.
1/19/13 6:37 PM
UGCTT_45forever
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurkdaddy316 -
WH1ZZER -  How long before the Hendo gif is posted by some boring yank? Yawn Phone Post

I'm a "Yank" I guess, and Bisping has grown on me quite a bit over the years and I believe he takes Vitor, but come on, that gif is the greatest thing ever and you know it. Take your feelings out of it and acknowledge the greatness.
It is a good gif,gets thrown about Everytime bispings name is mentioned though,that gets a little boring after a while. Phone Post
1/19/13 6:52 PM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For sure. But I bet Hashad face gets used the most.
1/19/13 6:53 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why do people get upset when people say "Yank"? Half of you call them "Brits".

I'm a Yank, bloke and you're a Brit, mate. Can't we all just get along?
1/19/13 6:54 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, Bisping by round 3 TKO. JMHO
1/19/13 6:56 PM
Altofsky
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata - Also, Bisping by round 3 TKO. JMHO

Exactly what I'm calling.

Mike avoids the early barrage and simply outbreathes Vitor until the ref steps in to give Vitor an oxygen mask.

1/19/13 6:58 PM
Tank by gogoplata

Altofsky - 
Tank by gogoplata - Also, Bisping by round 3 TKO. JMHO

Exactly what I'm calling.

Mike avoids the early barrage and simply outbreathes Vitor until the ref steps in to give Vitor an oxygen mask.

I agree. I think the first 3 minutes will be very tense, but if Bisping can weather the storm he has this in the bag.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.