UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marcos Avellan's latest rant.

1/20/13 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
persiankid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/13 12:17 AM

Posted by Marcos Avellan's Facebook account on January 19th, 2013 at approximately 8:45 PM, PST. It is a bit of a read but I would love to hear the UG's opinions on what is written below. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sick to my stomach watching black belt instructors casting stones at a prominent instructor that is going through a scandal. I'm sick to my stomach because of the disgusting hypocrisy.<br />How is it a hypocrisy? Because many of these men I know personally. I know their habits. Almost none of them have the moral authority to be casting these stones. As the Bible says, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."<br /><br />All these instructors are talking about how the instructor being stoned created a negative culture that resulted in the scandal. These instructors talk about how they use the martial arts to make "better people", and integrity, and honor, etc. But these same guys have their own skeletons and immoral behaviors.<br /><br />For instance, one such instructor posted on facebook and cast his stone, talking about culture building, integrity, etc. but every time I've seen him at an event out of town, he is ordering hookers to his room while his wife is back at home watching multiple children by herself. Perhaps this is his own personal demon... but no, he uses the martial arts to influence his instructors/students to join in on this culture as well. So much for "integrity" and making "better people" with your martial arts culture. Using your position as an instructor to promote infidelity and prostitution isn't exactly what I consider a positive martial arts culture - and that same person is currently on a moral crusade to stone to death another instructor. I forgot to mention he is BIG publicly on family values.<br /><br />I can list hypocrisy after hypocrisy about all these men stepping up to jump in on an execution.<br /><br />I have NEVER said anything before - and it always weighed on my conscience. It is hard to say this and be taken seriously because of all the hypocrites in my industry, but I did walk out of being an engineer to pursue martial arts full time because I love the direct access I had to help people, face to face, using martial arts. As such, I hold myself to a serious standard - I am a leader and role model 24 hours a day... not just when I'm in front of my students in class. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I don't cheat on my wife or children (we are a family, a unit), I don't act violently, I preach peace, I preach non-violence, and the times I have messed up when I was younger, I have made those moments public so that others could learn from my past mistakes - and I have not repeated them. Nobody is perfect - but I strive to be. I don't do anything that I wouldn't do in front of my children.<br /><br />My detractors say I only care about money because I am a successful business man. That is their only basis of saying such a thing because my actions have consistently showed otherwise. <br />I am so dedicated to my mission as a martial arts instructor to help people achieve more of themselves, that I have bought two homes - one for my full time fighters and another for several staff members. All these men and women are drug tested, can't drink alcohol, and live an honest and professional lifestyle. <br /><br />Furthermore, none of my athletes use illegal performance enhancing drugs - I want them to win as men or women. I don't care about the excuse, "Everybody else is doing it so it is a level playing field..." We are above that. Many of these instructors throwing stones teach their students how to cycle roids and win via unethical manners - but then they are going to talk about honor and integrity and respect.<br /><br />My fighters are all taught to live with honor and respect - because their leader lives as such. I don't just speak it - I live it.<br /><br />Maybe I'm too old fashioned? Maybe whoring behind your wife's back is a "character" developing action. Maybe juicing up your fighters to "win" is honorable. I can accept this, perhaps I'm a dying breed - perhaps my concept of honor and integrity is wrong. Perhaps honor is talking about character and then lying to those that love you.<br /><br />I'm sick of all of this. I really am. I am very depressed today to see how people I used to respect all picked up stones in an attempt to metaphorically kill a man that they once proudly called a friend - all in the name of their "conscience" and "character". If one of them is truly without sin, then I hope their aim is true... the rest of them just better hope they aren't one day tied to the post and on the receiving end of a lynch mob of stone throwers.<br /><br />Now I am a grown man and realize most people cheat on their wives and husbands - and that is cool with me. Everybody should be able to live as they wish - but if you are one of those people, I don't think you have the moral authority to be calling anyone out on their character or integrity.<br /><br />One thing did cheer me up though, I saw someone I mentored write this on their wall today: "I strive to be more than a coach, I am a Mentor."<br /><br />I believed him. It made me feel better.
1/20/13 12:10 AM
dhgben

Well Justin Garcia made a post earlier in the day but I am not saying he is the person that Avellan is going after. But F#ck man, this is like scientology. And it is only going to get real crazy in the next couple days but hopefully this is the last major bomb that drops. If this is how the 3 percent act, they can keep that crap.
1/20/13 12:15 AM
persiankid

dhgben - Well Justin Garcia made a post earlier in the day but I am not saying he is the person that Avellan is going after. But F#ck man, this is like scientology. And it is only going to get real crazy in the next couple days but hopefully this is the last major bomb that drops. If this is how the 3 percent act, they can keep that crap.

Oh really? This whole thing is getting ugly man...and the more I look into it the more disgusted I am with TLI. I loved listening to Lloyd Irvin on youtube too...what a shame!
1/20/13 12:28 AM
EdTheGreat

At least the hookers are consenting...
1/20/13 12:34 AM
torquemada
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sir, saying other people do wrong doesn't mitigate your friend's wrong.

And it was pretty wrong. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:36 AM
panic686
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EdTheGreat - At least the hookers are consenting...

This is true. But even if this wasn't a case of consent, another person being evil doesn't negate your sins.
1/20/13 12:38 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless that guy is gang raping hookers I don't think it's the same.  If the tournament he's talking about is in Vegas it's not even illegal.

1/20/13 12:38 AM
PTM2020
1101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again - Dude is full of shit.

1/20/13 12:43 AM
Drugs_Delaney
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again - 
torquemada -  Sir, saying other people do wrong doesn't mitigate your friend's wrong.

Exactly.

His rant just back ups what people have been saying about him.

The wrongs of others bother him, he'll speak out against them, but he won't speak out against the wrongs of his friend, especially since there is money involved.

He should have just kept it short and posted "what everyone is saying about me is true".

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1/20/13 12:49 AM
persiankid

Although I do not know Marcos on a personal level and a lot of the following may be pure assumption it's sad for me to see a possible example of how money and greed can change a person. Marcos to me seemed like a decent person and a very capable coach, I used to watch his videos on youtube about Martial Arts tradition, technique and philosophy all the time. I really enjoyed his stuff and learned new things.

I feel as though Marcos thinks and falsely believes his success and wealth is due to Limp Dick Lloyd's greasy marketing tactics and cult-like MLM schemes, but I disagree. I think the success he has amassed is mostly due to his abilities and hard work. However, he still clings loyally to his "master" despite evidence of what scum his master and his organization (or cult) truly are. It's a shame to see how money can sway a man...
1/20/13 12:50 AM
persiankid

Drugs_Delaney - 
Dead Again - 
torquemada -  Sir, saying other people do wrong doesn't mitigate your friend's wrong.

Exactly.

His rant just back ups what people have been saying about him.

The wrongs of others bother him, he'll speak out against them, but he won't speak out against the wrongs of his friend, especially since there is money involved.

He should have just kept it short and posted "what everyone is saying about me is true".

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Yep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13CSWRyaAgA
1/20/13 12:52 AM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Marcos was really just concerned with SIMPLY money, don't you think he would have been more diplomatic when it came to this situation, and possibly NOT said anything supporting Lloyd?

He HAD to know that it would adversely affect his standing in many people's minds, as their is a large-scale backlash against TLI occuring right now. I think the fact he chose to make a public statement being loyal to his friend says otherwise in regards to being all about money.

From my personal experiences, Marcos is a very good and genuine person. The guy has reached out to help me many times, ASKED NOTHING IN RETURN, all because I offered his brother the use of some albolene to cut weight at ADCC2009. 

Perhaps he should have just kept quiet, but in his mind I'm sure that either he a) believes that Lloyd's inability to sexually participate in the rape speaks to his disgust in the situation b) believes that rehabilitation of an individual is possible and that Lloyd is maybe a different person than in the past or c) maybe believes the situation was consensual. Who knows? 

1/20/13 12:57 AM
cross3dout
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM2020 -
Dead Again - Dude is full of shit.

. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:59 AM
FlyingSubsOnly

Edited: 01/20/13 12:59 AM
He's calling people hypocrites, yet he quotes the bible and defends an attempted rapist in the same sentence..... interesting PSYCHOLOGY.
1/20/13 1:00 AM
falsecrack
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - 

If Marcos was really just concerned with SIMPLY money, don't you think he would have been more diplomatic when it came to this situation, and possibly NOT said anything supporting Lloyd?

He HAD to know that it would adversely affect his standing in many people's minds, as their is a large-scale backlash against TLI occuring right now. I think the fact he chose to make a public statement being loyal to his friend says otherwise in regards to being all about money.

From my personal experiences, Marcos is a very good and genuine person. The guy has reached out to help me many times, ASKED NOTHING IN RETURN, all because I offered his brother the use of some albolene to cut weight at ADCC2009. 

Perhaps he should have just kept quiet, but in his mind I'm sure that either he a) believes that Lloyd's inability to sexually participate in the rape speaks to his disgust in the situation b) believes that rehabilitation of an individual is possible and that Lloyd is maybe a different person than in the past or c) maybe believes the situation was consensual. Who knows? 

It's also possible he's drunk too much of the koolaid. They can rationalize all they want, but the Team LI wagon circling is not helping at all.

I am glad your personal experiences with him were positive. It is his public conduct and statements that are bringing him heat.
1/20/13 1:02 AM
persiankid

Tom Lawlor - 

But Tom, don't you think Marcos NEEDS TLI? Is it not possible that if he stood by and said nothing he would suffer the consequences as far as his place in this TLI hierarchy? Which would inevitably result in losing money over the long run.

Obviously this is all speculation and an ousting from TLI wouldn't guarantee a dip in revenue but still we can't rule out the fact that his position could be one that is business-driven.
1/20/13 1:04 AM
persiankid

FlyingSubsOnly - He's calling people hypocrites, yet he quotes the bible and defends an attempted rapist in the same sentence..... interesting PSYCHOLOGY.

Not to mention his public and private attack on Keenan Cornelius's father and sister.
1/20/13 1:06 AM
Alumynabjj

TOAO -  Sounds like hes saying its okay to gangrape a girl because some people orders hookers, sounds legit... Phone Post

Yup
1/20/13 1:11 AM
TristanESP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's scary is all the positive comments he's getting on his Facebook for speaking up. Either these people don't know the full story or the cult is that huge. Phone Post
1/20/13 1:14 AM
Tom Lawlor
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

persiankid - 
Tom Lawlor - 

But Tom, don't you think Marcos NEEDS TLI? Is it not possible that if he stood by and said nothing he would suffer the consequences as far as his place in this TLI hierarchy? Which would inevitably result in losing money over the long run.

Obviously this is all speculation and an ousting from TLI wouldn't guarantee a dip in revenue but still we can't rule out the fact that his position could be one that is business-driven.

No, I don't think that he NEEDS Lloyd at all. He has a successful academy at this point, I think he is standing up for a friend who he feels has been attacked perhaps to an unnecessary point, I'm not sure.

All I can say is I think Marcos is a good person and through my personal experiences in the past, has proven my thought to be true.

1/20/13 1:18 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom Lawlor - 

To answer the question, No.  

He looks like a guy who is blindly supporting a guy he named his son after, presumably knowing he was naming his kid after a guy who was involved in the gangrape of 92lb minor.  

A guy who attacks family members who try to get their kid out of toxic environment where two of his housemates gang rape a team mate then come home and brag about it.

He doesn't look like a well meaning misunderstood guy at all.  He looks like a morally bankrupt db, and every thing he publishes makes him look more that way.

1/20/13 1:41 AM
Drugs_Delaney
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spartancs - 
Tom Lawlor - 

To answer the question, No.  

He looks like a guy who is blindly supporting a guy he named his son after, presumably knowing he was naming his kid after a guy who was involved in the gangrape of 92lb minor.  

A guy who attacks family members who try to get their kid out of toxic environment where two of his housemates gang rape a team mate then come home and brag about it.

He doesn't look like a well meaning misunderstood guy at all.  He looks like a morally bankrupt db, and every thing he publishes makes him look more that way.

http://auctionstx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Dave-Hester-YUUUP.jpg
1/20/13 1:52 AM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frat, but first thought after the sentences i did read was worst wingman ever
1/20/13 2:11 AM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracies vid?
1/20/13 6:00 AM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I doubt he'd post that on he UG after how bad his last tread turned out. I still can't believe he started a thread to justify his attack on Tom and Chloe and then when the UG fought back he tucked tail and ran. I guess I just find it cowardly that he couldn't finish what he started yet goes on more rants elsewhere. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.