UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can you take TRT and then stop taking it?

1/20/13 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/20/13 2:21 AM
Gerbacio
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
1/20/13 9:01 AM
KenBania
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What (if anything) do you take to prevent the build up of estrogen?
1/20/13 9:17 AM
themmaexpert

Edited: 01/20/13 9:22 AM
<blockquote>mdrndaysamurai - my other question would be - why the hell would you want to come off if you were already on anyway????</blockquote><br /> Really I'm in my 40s, my test levels below 300. I was struggling, so I started Trt again after years off. I've been off Trt 3 months now, I'm Saying I feel better, like my natural test is higher. Now sure what qualifies not needing Trt.

Sorry quoted wrong person.
1/20/13 10:31 AM
whoabro

KenBania - What (if anything) do you take to prevent the build up of estrogen?
Shouldnt really need an AI with doses that low Phone Post
1/20/13 10:42 AM
Authority Figure

1/20/13 11:24 AM
Triple_B
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If u r young ur pituitary can recover after going through withdrawal but if you are in your mid 30s or later u r a lifer
1/20/13 12:07 PM
Jons Forsberg

TheFapMaster - Once you're on TRT, you are on it forever. Well, I guess that you could go off of Testosterone, if you want to fuck your hormones up so bad that you feel like total dog shit every day for the rest of your life, but that wouldn't be advised.

incorrect.
1/20/13 12:21 PM
Topsyjt
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaz Johnson - No you really can't. I am presently on it and have been fir the last 10 years of my life. It's blows dick. Especially with my condition of hyprogonism. Seriously I got put on this shit when I was a senior in h.s or a junior I can't remember... Ten years later my levels still are jacked reading extremely low for a 12 week cycle. Like in a woman's reading of low after a real cycle. It's a tricky thing. Ill answer any question about this stuff. Phone Post
Finally. Some1 with experience and knowledge in this field. If you require TRT it's for a medical condition and as such is usually a long term thing. If you can't produce test then you on TRT for life Phone Post
1/20/13 12:22 PM
Topsyjt
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having low testosterone levels can be unhealthy. Same as having to much test is also unhealthy. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:24 PM
TheParrot
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

steroid induced hypogonadidism is not permanent for 99% of users if treated properly.

1/20/13 12:26 PM
Topsyjt

TheFapMaster - Some of you all really need to educate yourselves. Let me explaing this as plainly and simply as possible.

Why does one NEED to on TRT? Answer: Because their body is no longer naturally producing testosterone, so levels are low. Therefore, the body needs assistance in getting those levels back to normal (i.e. testosterone injections or gel).

Does TRT magically make your body start producing testosterone naturally again? Answer: No.

So what would happen if one (who REALLY needed it...not some MMA fighter with normal levels that just wants a boost) decided to quit TRT? Answer: Their levels would drop right back down to where they were before they started TRT, or possibly lower.

So answer this. Why in the hell would someone that had low test levels to begin with, want to come off of TRT? Could they? Sure they could but their levels would go right back to where they were before they started TRT and their symptoms (which obviously drove them to go on it in the first place) would arise again.

Does this make sense now?

. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:30 PM
Jons Forsberg

Why does one NEED to on TRT? Answer: Because their body is no longer naturally producing testosterone, so levels are low. Therefore, the body needs assistance in getting those levels back to normal (i.e. testosterone injections or gel).

not everyone on TRT "needs" it. people with normal levels can use it long term and cycle off back to normal with PCT.
1/20/13 12:34 PM
Jons Forsberg

technicality. Roiding is still TRT at the end of the day.
1/20/13 12:40 PM
Jons Forsberg

you can't explain because you don't know what you're talking about. The reason everybody has a problem with your original post it's because you implied that long term roid use would permanently supress natural test production which isn't true.
1/20/13 12:55 PM
Jons Forsberg

TheFapMaster - 
Jons Forsberg - you can't explain because you don't know what you're talking about. The reason everybody has a problem with your original post it's because you implied that long term roid use would permanently supress natural test production which isn't true.

You're either a dumbass or have a reading comprehension problem then. I clearly stated that if one TRULY NEEDS TRT, then they should expect to be on it for life. I don't how I can put it any more clearly than that. I know more about this subject than you will ever know.

Roiding = having normal levels but choosing to take substances like test, d-bol, winnie, var, t-rol, HGH, mast, etc. for 12-16 week cycles and then using PCT to come off of the cycle.

TRT = Having a health condition that requires taking low dosages of testosterone because your body can no longer produce it naturally. If you have said health conditions that require TRT, then you are more than likely on it for life...or you wouldn't be on it at all, because said health conditions could be corrected some other way.

Educate yourself on the difference.

you did not clearly state on your initial post, you only did so after getting called out multiple times on your bs. also lol at your 20 year delayed onset of steroid induced hypogonadism, you're either clueless of full of shit.
1/20/13 1:08 PM
NdrCntrl

. Phone Post
1/20/13 1:18 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope, your dick permanently shrive;s if you stop. Trust me i'm 36. I know!
1/20/13 2:03 PM
Alumynabjj

mdrndaysamurai - i would like to know the age of anyone that said they were/are on trt on this thread.

I am 37. I just got my test levels tested for the first time as I had some concerns. My heart rate races immediately when I work out and I feel just feel totally physically drained. I do not know my levels, I have to go back in this week, yet the message from my doctor was "You need to consider Test replacement therapy". I'm going in this week yet it was what I had expected. This has been going on for about four years. I work out for two months slowly wear down and have to take three weeks off. It's been horrible and if this fixes it I will be thrilled.
1/20/13 2:43 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As others have stated, it depends on how low your levels were when you started TRT & how long you've been on therapy.

I started 3 years ago at age 38 when my testosterone level was at 234. My libido & strength was way off, and I used one of the many 'clinics' that incessantly advertise on T.V. They place dissolvable inserts every three months for an astronomical fee. My levels were consistently at 1000-1600 for almost the entire duration of treatment.

I stopped TRT because the clinic gave me a nasty case of MRSA at the last insert appointment. It's great to feel strong and have good libido, but it sucks to drain an abscess on your ass 4 times a day for 20 days just wondering when you're going to be hospitalized on an IV with Vancomycin. That feeling is pretty close to hell, IMO.

I've been off TRT for nearly a year; my test. levels are now at 393. That's considered low-normal in general. I am glad it's at least that high.

There are about a hundred factors involved in why my initial number was as low as it was (including relying on a clinic in which probably everyone's numbers are drastically low); just as many factors come into play as to why my body decided to produce in the 'normal' range again after two years of being considerably elevated.

Before & after comparison:
Strength--probably 20% off. I don't feel nearly as strong, but I believe I'm still stronger than most guys my size & age. But that's not saying much.
Cardio--probably similar but 'perceived level of exertion' is much worse; i.e., any exercise over 30 minutes sucks ass and is very draining.
Libido--not bad. High test does not necessarily equal great libido (it doesn't hurt either), but things like LH play a big role, too.
Focus--way off. Motivation is not great, either.
Cholesterol: LDL was 151 near the end of my treatment. HDL was 66. Now HDL is 80 and LDL is 109. My MD (not associated with the clinic) wanted to put me on a statin but we decided to wait to see if the TRT correlated with the high LDL. It certainly did. I never had problems with cholesterol until trying TRT. This is evidently not unusual.
Estrogen: I did have to take Arimidex several times during therapy. Levels are normal now.
Hematocrit: I had to donate blood several times due to high hematocrit. Levels are normal now.
Sperm count: Don't know. Didn't test for that before, or after. They do tell you at the beginning of therapy that you may not produce sperm after beginning therapy, so they encourage you to freeze sperm if you ever want children.

Do I feel like shit all the time? No. I feel just a bit 'off', but not by a great degree. Would I try TRT again? Perhaps, but only by gel/patch/injection--and only if I felt WAY worse than I do now. I believe one needs to have treatment done by a qualified endocrinologist, or at least an MD that has experience in the field.

That's my two cents; not everyone will respond the same way and there are a multitude of factors involved, so to answer the original blog question--the answer is a qualified 'maybe'.
1/20/13 3:02 PM
Prepare2Die

Chaz Johnson - No you really can't. I am presently on it and have been fir the last 10 years of my life. It's blows dick. Especially with my condition of hyprogonism. Seriously I got put on this shit when I was a senior in h.s or a junior I can't remember... Ten years later my levels still are jacked reading extremely low for a 12 week cycle. Like in a woman's reading of low after a real cycle. It's a tricky thing. Ill answer any question about this stuff. Phone Post
Chaz, I'm assuming you were out on it at an early age because you naturally have low test and not because you abused for HS sports. Right?

We all know that most Mma athletes are on TRT not because they naturally have low test but because they abused in their younger years and are now having difficulties hitting average numbers. I wonder if there would be a difference for these athletes if they were to stop using now. Phone Post
1/20/13 4:58 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare - 

dentalninja The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what are these inserts you speak of?

They are time-release pellets of testosterone (supposedly plant-derived and therefore deemed 'good'). The purported benefit is a much more even level of testosterone delivered over a longer period of time vs. injections or gels.

No weekly injections, no applied gels or patches.

The downside is...well, as I stated in my post. Very high cost, and the obvious risk of infection.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.