UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rolfing is some amazing stuff

1/21/13 10:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Phone Post

1/21/13 10:41 AM
Chris SK
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Later Phone Post
1/21/13 10:50 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will the Asian massage parlor be able to handle this if I ask?

Or no? Phone Post
1/21/13 10:57 AM
TrollingLurker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A.R.T is another treatment that works very well. Sounds similar to Rolfing.
1/21/13 11:10 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TrollingLurker - A.R.T is another treatment that works very well. Sounds similar to Rolfing.

Phone Post

1/21/13 11:10 AM
Cyril Jeff

Phone Post

1/21/13 11:30 AM
SuperMann
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw that work Rolf and I was afraid to read the post. Thought it was something nasty! Lol Phone Post
1/21/13 11:38 AM
DaddyO4
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I occasionally get deep tissue work and the massage therapist sent me to a rolfer.Guy was really good and worked on me for about 90 mins.This dude earned his money as he was sweating bullets.The problem is that $120 a sessions gets tough to do regularly as I have too many kids in competitive gymnastics and that doesn't leave much money for me to spend on myself lol.

I have gone a few times and it was effective. Would love to do the 10 sessions thing...I foam roll,roll on pvc pipe,hot tub /cold dip therapy,stretch and use inversion therapy in addition to chiro to keep me in one piece.
1/21/13 11:43 AM
Fathead D
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried ROLFing for some issues and it does hurt like hell.  I did for 8 weeks and got no benefit. 

When I had two herniated discs I did spinal decompression and it was awesome.  5 years later and my back is doing great. 

1/21/13 12:01 PM
Hey Beer Man
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe,

Where do you go. My back is jacked up and my normal chiro/rolfingisque guy had a heart attack and died. looking for a good genuine rolfer.

1/30/13 8:29 PM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub
2/12/13 8:50 PM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're back training mr joe? If so, how's it holding up Phone Post
2/12/13 11:22 PM
no-gi_JAMES420
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub for info
2/12/13 11:40 PM
Bucephalus

It will change your life.
2/12/13 11:54 PM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Graphic Designer
I'm having a facet nerve ablation next Wednesday, I wonder if this Rolfing would be of any help Phone Post
2/13/13 12:35 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
671 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a student of Ida Rolf from 87

2/13/13 1:29 AM
Joe Rogan
978 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's really amazing is how many BJJ guys I've talked to that have bulging discs.  Either that, or herniated ones.

It's really shocking.  I talked to Marcos DaMatta and he has 3 bulging or herniated ones, and Ricardo Liborio who REALLY freaked me out when he said he has 7 of them.  He still rolls, but he's apparently in constant pain because of it.

2/13/13 1:35 AM
thomase
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt...my lower back has been hurting me for years!

Big 'English' Tom Phone Post
2/13/13 1:42 AM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Graphic Designer
Joe Rogan -

What's really amazing is how many BJJ guys I've talked to that have bulging discs.  Either that, or herniated ones.

It's really shocking.  I talked to Marcos DaMatta and he has 3 bulging or herniated ones, and Ricardo Liborio who REALLY freaked me out when he said he has 7 of them.  He still rolls, but he's apparently in constant pain because of it.

I have 3 bulging and my facet joints are nearly gone. How long before you saw improvement with the Rolfing? Phone Post
2/13/13 1:43 AM
falsecrack
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went for the first time last week as a result of this thread.  My upper back and neck haven't felt this good in 10 years. Seriously.  I already scheduled my next session.  Much thanks.

2/13/13 3:07 AM
Bucephalus

Joe Rogan - 

That shocks you? Dude. BJJ is fucking rough on the back and joints. Not sure how you missed that one. LOL
2/13/13 3:35 AM
Joe Rogan
978 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muzalini - 
Joe Rogan -

I have 3 bulging and my facet joints are nearly gone. How long before you saw improvement with the Rolfing? Phone Post

2 weeks in I started feeling much looser and better.  I still haven't started rolling again, it's been months.  I'm going in for DRX9000 spinal decompression next week.  It's supposed to be very effective.  Lots of grapplers swear by it.  I'm taking this thing very seriously, and if I can't heal my back up it might be the end of Jiu Jitsu for me.

2/13/13 3:40 AM
Smellde Gluve
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 
Muzalini - 
Joe Rogan -

2 weeks in I started feeling much looser and better.  I still haven't started rolling again, it's been months.  I'm going in for DRX9000 spinal decompression next week.  It's supposed to be very effective.  Lots of grapplers swear by it.  I'm taking this thing very seriously, and if I can't heal my back up it might be the end of Jiu Jitsu for me.

Damn, that'd be horrible if you'd had to end your Jits. Hope you get well.

2/13/13 3:44 AM
Bucephalus

The Principal -  I went once. I've heard people swear by it. Seemed a little bit too pseudoscience-like for my taste, but I would have had to stick it out a bit more to be sure. Phone Post

Yes, you would have to have actually done it more than once to give it a fair assessment.

Most people who talk about "pseudoscience" have pseudo-experience with what they mock and criticize
2/13/13 8:21 AM
Fathead D
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 
Muzalini - 
Joe Rogan -

Good call on the spinal decompression.  I had that done for 2 bulging discs pushing into my sciatic nerve.  It will take a week or so to feel the decompression helping but after 3 weeks I felt a million times better

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.