UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rolfing is some amazing stuff

3/20/13 1:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BoonBackwards
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rogan Often Looks For - help with back pain? is that ROLF? Phone Post
3/20/13 2:36 PM
98lbweakling
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
3/20/13 3:43 PM
MountainMedic
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octowussy -
MountainMedic - 
octowussy - Rolfing probably feels like it's working because it's breaking up trigger points. But as trigger points are more than likely caused by dysfunction, they'll return, bringing the pain back along with it. The key is to identify and correct the dysfunction.
Why don't you want me to have hope? Phone Post

Hope is important. Sometimes -- every one in a while -- hope is all anybody really needs. I'm not saying Rolfing won't make you feel great, because it's very likely that it will. So will massage and chiropractic probably will, as well. Rolfing isn't particularly cost effective, though. At least not in my experience.

The point is that Rolfing may work as a temporary fix. Or as an important step towards getting better, but it's not a magic bullet. After removing painful trigger points, you'll have to address dysfunction (usually the cause of muscle tension) in order to truly be healed.
Well, yes, the goal is for me to get functional enough to start the rebuild process.

After a few months of pt, I felt like I was walking around in someone eldest body. I was standing differently, walking differently .... my legs would be sore after a shift because I was standing so differently that muscles were being activated that had just been "over ran" by other parts of my body that were guarding the damaged parts of my body. It was really eye opening to me. Phone Post
3/20/13 3:55 PM
greenheadhunter
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rolfing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.