UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen glad to arrange meet between Belfort, Jesus

1/20/13 9:07 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Immediately after Belfort beat Bisping in Brazil Saturday night, The Phenom launched into an impassioned tirade against Chael Sonnen, asking that the next title shot vs. UFC Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones not go to the Gangster from Oregon.

“I want to get the belt,” Belfort barked to Jon Anik. “Take that punk Chael Sonnen, get him out! Dana, Lorenzo, kick him out! Let me fight Jon Jones. I need that rematch. Take that clown away. GO HOME.

“You did a reality show. Go home. Let me fight the real champion. Champion against champion, not that clown.”

As the Jones and Sonnen just finshing stints as opposing coaches on TUF 17, so Dana and Lorenzo are not going to be doing anything of the kind.

Never the less, Sonnen countered on the Fuel TV post-fight show.

"Let me be real clear and speak direct with you Vitor," said Sonnen. "You've been telling the world that you'd like to meet Jesus. I'd be glad to arrange that travel. But, first, I'm going to get rid of Jon Jones. But, you are next.

"Let me be clear. Vitor, I accept, but don't make any mistake about that. You've called me out twice now. Once after I signed a contract to fight Anderson, and once when you know I was busy with Jon Jones, but I'm letting you know I accept."

The verbal sparring continued.

"He is a clown," Belfort said again, this time to Fuel TV's Heidi Androl. "Get out, get out of the way. You just got knocked out pretty badly by Anderson Silva, then you fight Jon Jones. You don't deserve it. Do the reality show. Let me fight. Real champion vs. real champion. I think you are a good athlete, but you need to go to the back of the line and let me fight the real champion in a rematch."

There are a few things you can count on in MMA, including Dana White cursing, Ronda Rousey getting attention, and Chael Sonnen having the last word.

Chael Sonnen had the last word.

"I'm really confused as to what's going on," said Sonnen. "I don't know if he knows we're not in the same weight class. I don't know if he knows he's not the champion. I keep hearing him say champion vs. champion. He keeps saying to come move out of the way. I would never tell someone to move out of the way but I'd damn sure knock them out of the way. Vitor, that's one thing you're not going to be able to do."

Jones too weighed in on the callout, via Twitter.

@lmslakersfan
@JonnyBones what do you think about the vitor challenge? CALLN U OUT PALAYA!!

Jon Bones Jones @JonnyBones
Seems like the thing to do lately

Jon Bones Jones @JonnyBones
@troynunes: @JonnyBones laughing at Vitor calling him and Chael out

1/20/13 9:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Cow...Dominic accurately pointed out that Cow was sweating when Vitor called him out.
1/20/13 9:16 AM
GroundStPound

Chael is my favourite Phone Post
1/20/13 9:22 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael was TKO'd by Anderson whereas Vitor was KTFO with a kick to the face and was just submitted by Jones so I'm not sure where he's going with this.

1/20/13 9:25 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is right about the champion vs champion stuff, I dont know where Vitor gets that from.
1/20/13 9:27 AM
GroundStPound

The trt and haircut has turned Belforts brain soft. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:28 AM
le

Weak and contradictory final comeback by Chael considering both of those fighters can fight at either weight, and Chael has talked more nonsense about being the champion when he knew he wasn't. Even went as far as having a fake belt, whether it was an act or not.

My prediction is he gets thoroughly beat to fuck by Johnny's GNP elbows then gets KTFO by Vitor's hands, before moving to WWE. And I won't miss him. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:30 AM
le

Arecsa - Chael is right about the champion vs champion stuff, I dont know where Vitor gets that from.
Maybe he stole it from Chael. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:31 AM
Ryan Black
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that was a very impassioned Vitor right there. I believe in the same interview with Heidi, when asked if he saw the fight playing out that way, says "yes, it ended how God told me it would: with me being the victor." He was very passionate and a little all over the place. I'm sure he's back to normal now and may word things differently next time when asked, but I'm thinking we'll see something manifest itself if Vitor and Chael both still want to go at it after TUF. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:32 AM
Chupacabro
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Sonnen says "let me be clear" or "look" you know he means what he says. Apparently, he always means what he says. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:34 AM
7titofan7

Vitor is an idiot, hes no champion and he was ko'd by anderson silva a lot worse than chael was. Chael is more of a threat to AS and JJ than vitor will ever be. All vitor is doing is jumping on the "stand up for brazil" bandwagon, no non brazilians have a serious problem with chael, but all the brazilians do cos he badmouthed their poster boy. They cant see past the marketing strategy. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:35 AM
UncleDavid

Last time i checked, Vitor got KOd by Anderson as well and didnt look good. He shouldnt be talking like that for real
1/20/13 9:36 AM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arecsa - Chael is right about the champion vs champion stuff, I dont know where Vitor gets that from.
He's Jesus' Champion. Phone Post
1/20/13 9:37 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/20/13 9:38 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com

1/20/13 9:39 AM
Lazer MMA

LOL at Belfort being a ligit top 10 LHW or ever fighting for another title.
1/20/13 9:52 AM
GroundStPound

futurepr0n - Belfort, former Champion.

Was that hard for you armchair critics to put together?

You don't lose the moniker "Champ" after losing the title.

Ali is still called the Champ. Tyson..
Tim Sylvia Phone Post
1/20/13 9:52 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

futurepr0n - Belfort, former Champion.

Was that hard for you armchair critics to put together?

You don't lose the moniker "Champ" after losing the title.

Ali is still called the Champ. Tyson..

Nice comparison. Comparing an all time great like Ali who defended his title multiple times to a guy who won it because the seam of his glove cut his opponents eyelid. Then he defends it in a rematch and gets pummeled to the point where he looked like Jesus on the cross

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/306151/vitorbelfort.jpg
1/20/13 9:53 AM
dannyapodaca
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad that anyone is even talking about the chump Sonnen. Belfort is right dude is a clown Phone Post
1/20/13 10:23 AM
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyapodaca - Sad that anyone is even talking about the chump Sonnen. Belfort is right dude is a clown Phone Post
Vitor has always been a favorite of mine, but last night he came off really douchey. Lost a lot of respect for him. Phone Post
1/20/13 10:26 AM
KingD87
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen was always challenging people outside of his weight class. That's the only problem, he's not half as entertaining when he doesn't have time/someone to write him some material.

Put him on the spot and his humor is all but gone. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:17 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogman - LOL @ Cow...Dominic accurately pointed out that Cow was sweating when Vitor called him out.
Cruz is a douchebag. His commentary is pretty good and he is an amazing fighter but he surely is one of tge biggest douchebags in the UFC.

Having said that i hardly think that Sinnen would sweat on account of Vitor. Sonnen might be a clown at times but he is a clown who can fuck people up.

And considering his particular skill you Belfort should be very worried. He wont be able to the stop the takedown and will get grinded out.

It would be a smart fight to make though and fun to watch. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:20 AM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody ever see that Key & Peele MMA skit?

Yeah, watching Vitor reminded me of that
1/20/13 3:52 PM
Koku_Ryuu

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

Chael was TKO'd by Anderson whereas Vitor was KTFO with a kick to the face and was just submitted by Jones so I'm not sure where he's going with this.

Well Chael dry-humped Bisping to a decision...followed by getting TKO'd by Anderson......and gets title shot at LHW. So I don't see the absurdity in Vitor calling him out.

1/21/13 9:12 AM
Old noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job by Sonnen, recognizing the opportunity for another main event in his future.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.