UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Khabib Nurmagomedov challenges Nate Diaz

1/20/13 10:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I have a strong wish to meet Nate Diaz in my next fight" - that's what Khabib said in his cage-side interview. Unfortunately he wasn't able to challenge Diaz in octagon as they didn't have Russian-Portuguese interpreter.

proof from the largest Russian MMA site valetudo.ru: http://www.valetudo.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5020&Itemid=48
1/20/13 10:11 AM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him. he's no bitch, apparently, and real should recognize real.
1/20/13 11:03 AM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match up.

Few people know that Diaz has been training in Sambo for years.

the stand up and grappling would be fun to watch
1/20/13 1:24 PM
rowil
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be very hesistant to take this fight if I were Diaz. Great call-out for Nurmagomedov though, if he isn't in the top10 yet he would be for sure after beating Diaz.
1/20/13 1:28 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad fight for Diaz, that guy is a legit badass. Little Fedor, imo.
1/20/13 1:43 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLau'sWarmnessSpewingAllOverMyFace - How about the other russian suplex machine Rustam or whatever his name is. Sambo v. Sambo in the UFC.
Don't kill prospects Phone Post
1/20/13 2:06 PM
BshMstr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Won't happen. Nobody knows who Kabib is. I could see him fighting like Yves Edwards.

i'd love to see Diaz v Kabib, but i have to agree...

besides, i think the UFC is going to want to slowly build some Russian fighters to help their global expansion.
1/20/13 2:13 PM
cool hand Ed
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
JLau'sWarmnessSpewingAllOverMyFace - How about the other russian suplex machine Rustam or whatever his name is. Sambo v. Sambo in the UFC.
Don't kill prospects Phone Post
I seriously agree with this. Phone Post
1/20/13 2:15 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Won't happen. Nobody knows who Kabib is. I could see him fighting like Yves Edwards.

To be honest how many people know who Gilbert Melendez outside the hardcore fan base? I wouldn't say much that's why they put them on FOX cards let them build their fans up
1/20/13 2:17 PM
Pancake Syrup
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But with the way the Russian fighters are making a name for themselves they should really think about a card in Moscow or somewhere in Russia
1/20/13 2:18 PM
the ridler
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLau'sWarmnessSpewingAllOverMyFace - How about the other russian suplex machine Rustam or whatever his name is. Sambo v. Sambo in the UFC.

He is welterweight
1/20/13 2:20 PM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt Nate would take this fight

miller, Varner, healy, or josh Thompson 

he should also holler at masvidal

1/20/13 2:22 PM
Pancake Syrup

I've been saying Jim Miller - Nur at 159 in New Jersey perfect timing and i'm sure Jim wants to fight on the Jersye card
1/20/13 2:31 PM
knicksnyc1980

DamnSevern - 

I dont get this. Everyone was all on Jon Jones case about "accepting" the Sonnen fight. So why would Nate Diaz get the choice to "accept" a fight or not. I thought UFC made the matchups, not fighters. So which way is it?
1/20/13 2:34 PM
sitchpack

Diaz wins by being a far better fighter who has fought top ten guys.

1/20/13 2:47 PM
caseharts
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the ridler -
JLau'sWarmnessSpewingAllOverMyFace - How about the other russian suplex machine Rustam or whatever his name is. Sambo v. Sambo in the UFC.

He is welterweight
No he's not Phone Post
1/20/13 2:52 PM
Kings21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sitchpack - 

Diaz wins by being a far better fighter who has fought top ten guys.

I both agree and disagree with this. Fighters have to become top 10 guys somehow and the only real way to do that is to fight guys in the top 10. I do think that Diaz is more than just top 10 (legit top 5) and that Khabib needs to fight the Lauzons, Jim Millers, etc of the division before having a crack at someone like Diaz. Khabib looks great so far but lets not jump the gun. I'm not a big fan of rushing young guys into title contention fights before they've proved they can handle the top end of the division.
Pancake Syrup

Chaelismyhero - 
Pancake Syrup - 

To be honest how many people know who Gilbert Melendez outside the hardcore fan base? I wouldn't say much that's why they put them on FOX cards let them build their fans up

Melendez is the number 2 guy in the world and is WAY better know than Khabib. Plus its a title unification bout.

I didn't mean to compare where they are ranked by cmon Melendez doesn't exactly have a huge fanbase either. Bigger than Khabib's probably but still not that big
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knicksnyc1980 - 
DamnSevern - 

I dont get this. Everyone was all on Jon Jones case about "accepting" the Sonnen fight. So why would Nate Diaz get the choice to "accept" a fight or not. I thought UFC made the matchups, not fighters. So which way is it?

You are absolutely right. This is exactly like that time a fighter pulled out of the headlining UFC LHW fight, and a replacement from a lower weight class stepped up but was refused by the champion.

Exactly the same.

Hey everyone, this guy nailed it! He fuckin' NAILED IT!!!
1/20/13 2:53 PM
youarewhatiswrong

Pancake Syrup - 
Chaelismyhero - 
Pancake Syrup - 

Melendez is the number 2 guy in the world and is WAY better know than Khabib. Plus its a title unification bout.

I didn't mean to compare where they are ranked by cmon Melendez doesn't exactly have a huge fanbase either. Bigger than Khabib's probably but still not that big

I think Khabib would wreck Melendez.
1/20/13 3:44 PM
youarewhatiswrong

Chaelismyhero - 
Pancake Syrup - 
Chaelismyhero - 
Pancake Syrup - 

Yes i agree,Melendez is not extremely well known,but he has been in main events before and has fought in Pride.So he is fairly well known.

And to youarewhatiswrong their is no way in hell Khabib wrecks Gil.

Lock me in for a SN bet if the fight ever comes up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.