UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva not sure what's next, denies 10-fight contra

1/20/13 10:43 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I don't know (what's next)," Silva said on the UFC on FX 7 post-fight show on FUEL TV. "I need to talk to Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta)."

Despite having minimal options in the weight class where he resides as champion, there is always the possibility Silva could move up to 205-pounds, where he has competed and won three times over the course of his UFC career. There is also the possibility of Silva shedding some weight to finally meet Georges St-Pierre in a catchweight super fight.

Silva said on the post-fight show that he is aiming for a return to the cage around summertime. He also discussed his 10-fight UFC contract extension, which he revealed isn't a done deal quite yet.

"No for now," he said. "This is not real, but I'll go for my next conversation with Dana and Lorenzo. But, maybe. Maybe!"

read entire article...

1/20/13 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/13 10:45 AM

Pretty sure the girl said "10 year" which is possibly why Anderson responded as he did. 

"Dana said you signed a 10 YEAR contract"....oops.

1/20/13 11:16 AM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight K Schrute -  I hope he does not sign a 10 fight deal contract. As my favorite fighter if like to see him beat one more MW and end with 11 title defenses, then beat GSP and retire the greatest champion of all time. Phone Post

I agree with this, but if he defeats gsp he would need to move up and face jbj for his final fight, win or lose. And win or lose he would still retire as the goat.
1/20/13 12:11 PM
Dogman

youarewhatiswrong - 
Dwight K Schrute -  I hope he does not sign a 10 fight deal contract. As my favorite fighter if like to see him beat one more MW and end with 11 title defenses, then beat GSP and retire the greatest champion of all time. Phone Post

I agree with this, but if he defeats gsp he would need to move up and face jbj for his final fight, win or lose. And win or lose he would still retire as the goat.

I dont understand why people think this is the fight to show his Dominance. Fighters usually go up in weight to do that not challenge the smaller guy.
1/20/13 12:35 PM
shaqitup
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure when they consider summer time in brazil, but this deal won't even matter if he's taking over half a year to get back in the cage.
1/20/13 12:35 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Unwariestpickle -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Pretty sure the girl said "10 year" which is possibly why Anderson responded as he did. 

10 fights would take close to 10 years for Anderson Silva.
Yeah, math must be your strong suit...genius. Phone Post
1/20/13 12:44 PM
BRZ

Unwariestpickle -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

10 fights would take close to 10 years for Anderson Silva.
Maybe 5 assuming Andy fights two times a year. Still at 37-38 Andy would be 42-43 when it ends. Still Anderson doesn't take much damage in his fights it's very well possible. Phone Post
1/20/13 1:35 PM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing2 - Why the hell would he want to keep fighting for an organization that only pays him, the undisputed and undefeated Champion, only $200k, while others who aren't even champions make the same amount or more?

Where, exactly, did you get that number?
NorthernIrishZombie
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he clearly makes the disclosed $200k per fight and nothing more...

Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im pretty sure he said no to the ten year question.

1/20/13 2:03 PM
youarewhatiswrong

NorthernIrishZombie - 

Yeah, he clearly makes the disclosed $200k per fight and nothing more...

Pretty sure that $200k doesn't even take into account pay per view buys.
1/20/13 2:06 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

the guys defended the belt for 8 years now and made a fortune.

he doesnt need to fight anybody at this point. it crazy that when someone dominates a weight class for as long and convincingly as he has, you still get mouth breathers saying 'he needs to fight so and so to be 'the goat'.

1/20/13 2:12 PM
shorebreaker420
1018 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Need to fight, waiting till summer is bullshit he's fucking milking it Phone Post
1/20/13 2:58 PM
youarewhatiswrong

DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

the guys defended the belt for 8 years now and made a fortune.

he doesnt need to fight anybody at this point. it crazy that when someone dominates a weight class for as long and convincingly as he has, you still get mouth breathers saying 'he needs to fight so and so to be 'the goat'.

Your reading comprehension is excellent, sir. I would think that with your extensive experience on internet forums that they would be a bit more finely honed.
1/20/13 3:00 PM
MoomBah
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heidi Androl was a good pick up. Phone Post
1/20/13 3:01 PM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he will retire with fights left on his contract... sounds about right.

1/20/13 6:55 PM
swany

If Yushin beats Lombard things just get a whole lot messier. I say middleweight tourney to decide number 1 contender. Belfort, bisping , Lombard , weidman,omami, Rockhold. Winner gets silva. And UFC
Should say to Gsp u have 12 months while this is going on to get ready to fight silva
1/20/13 8:11 PM
The Sauce
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want him to create havoc is the LHW div! Phone Post
1/20/13 8:11 PM
The Sauce
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN the LHW.. Phone Post
1/20/13 8:45 PM
Card
2026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones vs. Silva please.

1/21/13 2:27 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe that he will. I might be a bit biased but i am not just not the biggest believer in believer in Lombard skills. I think he is a bit overrated and they paid to much money to bring him over.Okami will expose him in my eyes.

Anyways Silva does not sound to happy. I personally believe he does not want to fight Weidman. It is not exactly that he is ducking him but the risk reward would not be great. Weidman is a awesome fighter but he really does not have a lot of PVV presence yet.

I also do not believe he is extremely excited to fight against JBJ right away. I generally think Silva thought that the GSP fight would happen and he is slightly dissapointed about that not going through.

I think Silva either needs a warmup fight at light heavyweight (maybe a battle between him and Shogun?) or Silva might take some time of and wait either for the GSP fight to materialize or get a dude with a name to fight at middleweight.

OOH and please think that Silva makes  200000 per fight is obviously crazy. I am pretty sure he has a sweet deal regarding PPV numbers and discretionary non publicized pay.

1/21/13 3:03 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing2 - Why the hell would he want to keep fighting for an organization that only pays him, the undisputed and undefeated Champion, only $200k, while others who aren't even champions make the same amount or more?
Machida also makes a base salary of 200k yet asked for Silva money. What could this mean?

Hmmmm. Phone Post
1/21/13 3:11 AM
madmav
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Nothing2 - Why the hell would he want to keep fighting for an organization that only pays him, the undisputed and undefeated Champion, only $200k, while others who aren't even champions make the same amount or more?
Machida also makes a base salary of 200k yet asked for Silva money. What could this mean?

Hmmmm. Phone Post

taxes maybe.. lower base pay = lower taxes.. idk..

1/21/13 4:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmav -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Hmmmm. Phone Post

taxes maybe.. lower base pay = lower taxes.. idk..

It means Silva is getting bonuses and ppv share that Machida isn't. Which would explain why he was asking for Silva money despite their base pay being identical (200k base pay, no win bonus). Phone Post
1/21/13 4:37 AM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dogman - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

I dont understand why people think this is the fight to show his Dominance. Fighters usually go up in weight to do that not challenge the smaller guy.

They do?

Aside from BJ Fucking Penn, who has done this? (Champion wise?)

I wouldn't say fighters USUALLY go up in weight for tougher competition, in fact, I would bet if you looked at the last 5 years, much more fighters have moved down, than moved up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.