UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva not sure what's next, denies 10-fight contra

1/21/13 4:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Baxi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will just pick someone smaller than him or someone he knows he can beat Dana should choose his fights not him Phone Post
1/21/13 8:46 AM
JOESONDO
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
Dogman - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
Dwight K Schrute -  I hope he does not sign a 10 fight deal contract. As my favorite fighter if like to see him beat one more MW and end with 11 title defenses, then beat GSP and retire the greatest champion of all time. Phone Post

I agree with this, but if he defeats gsp he would need to move up and face jbj for his final fight, win or lose. And win or lose he would still retire as the goat.

I dont understand why people think this is the fight to show his Dominance. Fighters usually go up in weight to do that not challenge the smaller guy.

They do?

Aside from BJ Fucking Penn, who has done this? (Champion wise?)

I wouldn't say fighters USUALLY go up in weight for tougher competition, in fact, I would bet if you looked at the last 5 years, much more fighters have moved down, than moved up.

What champion has moved down in weight without losing their belt? Usually you move down because you can't deal with the fighters at your current weight class, not because you run out of opponents. Jose Aldo wants to move up, not down. Faber moved down because Aldo beat him thoroughly. Edger moved down because he lost to Henderson and he won't be given another rematch. Phone Post
1/21/13 8:59 AM
Lazer MMA

RobinVanRooney - 
DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 
Dwight K Schrute -  I hope he does not sign a 10 fight deal contract. As my favorite fighter if like to see him beat one more MW and end with 11 title defenses, then beat GSP and retire the greatest champion of all time. Phone Post

I agree with this, but if he defeats gsp he would need to move up and face jbj for his final fight, win or lose. And win or lose he would still retire as the goat.

12er's gonna 12

the guys defended the belt for 8 years now and made a fortune.

he doesnt need to fight anybody at this point. it crazy that when someone dominates a weight class for as long and convincingly as he has, you still get mouth breathers saying 'he needs to fight so and so to be 'the goat'.

This.

I'm glad we still have some decent posters on this forum because recently i facepalm at half the shit posted.

Great why don't you go into detail of the defenses? Who did he fight and how did they earn there title shots exactly?
1/21/13 9:20 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Lazer MMA -
RobinVanRooney - 
DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

he doesnt need to fight anybody at this point. it crazy that when someone dominates a weight class for as long and convincingly as he has, you still get mouth breathers saying 'he needs to fight so and so to be 'the goat'.

This.

I'm glad we still have some decent posters on this forum because recently i facepalm at half the shit posted.

Great why don't you go into detail of the defenses? Who did he fight and how did they earn there title shots exactly?
Its not the same landscape as it was from 2006-2009 in the MW division....

No one cares about that shit but you son, because it is all you have to try and shit on Anderson. The division is DEEP now. Even moreso with a handful of SF fighters and Lombard over. Phone Post
1/21/13 9:29 AM
Lazer MMA

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA -
RobinVanRooney - 
DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

This.

No one cares about that shit but you son, because it is all you have to try and shit on Anderson. The division is DEEP now. Even moreso with a handful of SF fighters and Lombard over. Phone Post

I also think the division is better and have said so. I have praised AS lots, but to build a false record for the man (saying he beat world class comp mostly) is a joke. I know your butt hurt, lets just hope for Weidman, Lombard and JBJ.
1/21/13 10:43 AM
youarewhatiswrong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobinVanRooney - 
DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

This.

Please point out the part where either I or Dwight, who I quoted, said that it would be NECESSARY for Silva do follow the outlined gameplan in order to be the GOAT?

Both you and your boyfriend there lack reading skills.
1/21/13 11:47 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Lazer MMA -
RobinVanRooney - 
DiSmAnTLeR - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

12er's gonna 12

This.

Is it just me or does he attempt to troll and start a big argument in every thread he posts in? Phone Post
1/21/13 12:18 PM
yellow wrkahlc

Anybody else notice every fight Silva took at 205 was against someone who tested positive for a banned substance right after?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.