UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Has Pedro Nobre been cut by the UFC?

1/20/13 1:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because he should be...

I just noticed that Alcantara got his win bonus, is it safe to assume that Dana gave Nobre his walking papers for last nights "performance"? Phone Post
1/20/13 1:19 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed Phone Post
1/20/13 1:24 PM
artesuavesam

I think its fairly safe to assume that Dana will cut him for that. :-)
1/20/13 1:29 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/13 1:31 PM

I disagree.

As much as I believe he was acting, there is no way to prove it.  He may actually have been knocked fucking silly.  He took some hard fucking shots before the DQ.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that those (completely legal) shots knocked him stupid.

I don't think you should cut a guy coming off a win because you 'think' he gamed the system.  Just give him a ridiculously difficult matchup in his next fight and cut him after he loses. 

1/20/13 1:33 PM
ortman166

Steve4192 -

I disagree.

As much as I believe he was acting, there is no way to prove it.  He may actually have been knocked fucking silly.  He took some hard fucking shots before the DQ.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that those (completely legal) shots knocked him stupid.

I don't think you should cut a guy coming off a win because you 'think' he gamed the system.  Just give him a ridiculously difficult matchup in his next fight and cut him after he loses. 

It was a no contest. Phone Post
1/20/13 1:40 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure fucking hope so. He took an elbow to the side of the dome and acted like it was to the back of the head. Then proceded to cry how he cant go on. He was getting his ass kicked and took the bitch way out.

1/20/13 1:41 PM
Slap Maxwell
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they won't cut him, but I would expect his next match up to be a tough one.
1/20/13 1:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dang, was it really that bad? Phone Post
1/20/13 1:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Dang, was it really that bad? Phone Post
I didn't see it Phone Post
1/20/13 1:45 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was a bitch move Phone Post
1/20/13 1:58 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

I disagree.

I agree. It wasn't like he got steam rolled from the opening bell and was just looking for a way out of the fight. Up till he ended up giving up his back the fight was looking to be pretty competitive. He was going to get a restart on the feet and that would have only benefited.
1/20/13 2:12 PM
clattymine
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Dang, was it really that bad? Phone Post
I didn't see it Phone Post
Yes it was that bad , you should def watch it. Phone Post

He laid in the cage fora long time and then needed help to walk out. Anything could have happened but it certainly did not look like the 3 shots he took could have caused such damage.  I would be interested to see what the doctors had to say about any real injuries .

It certainly seemed like an extravagant act. 

1/20/13 2:20 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -

I disagree.

If he took some hard shots and they knocked him silly then surely that is a TKO for Alcantara.

I'm not trying to be a dick here but you're basically saying the NC was justified because he got hurt. Of course he got hurt! It was a fight after all. If the perfectly legal shots to the side of the head left Nobre unable to continue because he was too hurt then that should be a TKO victory for Alcantara.

There is a way to prove the shots were legal, watch the replays. I see what you're saying but the fact Alcantara didn't get the TKO is beyond me... Phone Post
1/20/13 2:33 PM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

Didnt Alcantra get his win bonus anyways?

Downloading fights now so havent seen anything

1/20/13 2:36 PM
Saltyballs
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should be cut. Crying and staggering out of the cage and being helped back by 2 of his trainers. People that get KTFO cold don't even do that. Not to mention the shots he took were completely legal and hitting the head in a closed fist slapping motion. Hardly "vicious shots".

What knocked him silly was the completely legal elbow. Getting his ass kicked and Big Dan's incompetence afforded Nobre a quick out which he clearly took full advantage of.

Awful display of gamesmanship and props to Kenny Florian for having none of it and calling his ass out on the spot. Phone Post
1/20/13 2:41 PM
Vitor Me A New One

IHangFromBJsBallSack -

Didnt Alcantra get his win bonus anyways?

Downloading fights now so havent seen anything

Yea at least he got his win bonus, but he also has a permanent black mark on his record that shouldn't be there.

Hopefully the higher ups at the UFC will remember this if Alcantara loses his next fight... Going 0-0-2-1 in your last three isn't ideal. However, this is only if Alcantara hypothetically loses his next fight which is unlikely because he is a great fighter. Phone Post
1/20/13 3:25 PM
Bruham
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feed him to McKenzie Phone Post
1/20/13 4:20 PM
Vitor Me A New One

Bruham - Feed him to McKenzie Phone Post
Different weight classes. Phone Post
1/20/13 5:00 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tatame magazine had an interview in portuguese, in it he says when he woke up from the punches he believed he had lost the fight by knock out, and it was only in the hospital later he learned the fight was ended because of punches to the back of the head

1/20/13 5:01 PM
nogidavid
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/20/13 5:06 PM
nogidavid

Pedro Nobre amanhece com dores no pescoço

Ainda com colar cervical, lutador da BTT já pensa no próximo desafio no UFC

A noite de Pedro Nobre (foto), lutador da Brazilian Top Team (BTT), foi longa de sábado para domingo. Após ter recebido golpes ilegais na região da nuca no duelo contra Yuri Marajó, Pedro foi encaminhado para o Hospital Santa Catarina, onde ficou em observação até às 4h deste domingo. Pedro chegou por volta das 5h ao hotel onde os atletas estão hospedados já com um colar cervical protegendo seu pescoço.

Pedro Nobre tentou explicar o que aconteceu, apesar de não se recordar de todos os momentos.

"O que eu me lembro é que fiquei numa posição por baixo do Yuri. Ele me acertou diversos golpes na parte de trás da cabeça até que me deu um apagão. Não sei precisar se pegou na nuca e nem quantos golpes foram, mas se o árbitro interrompeu é porque ele viu alguma coisa errada. Hoje o MMA é considerado um esporte por ter regras, então temos que respeitar. Mas quando eu acordei achei que tivesse perdido a luta nocauteado. Só fui saber que havia sido declarado uma luta sem resultado no hospital, pelo meu staff", disse.

Ciente de que não teve influência no resultado, afinal a interrupção da luta foi uma decisão dos médicos e do árbitro, Pedrinho já pensa no retorno ao octógono. E uma nova luta contra o adversário do último sábado não é descartada.

"Encontrei o Yuri no hall do hotel quando voltei do hospital. Ele veio me pedir desculpas e reforçou que jamais teve intenção nenhuma de me acertar ilegalmente. Na mesma hora eu disse que ele não precisava se preocupar, porque eu sei que ele é uma pessoa íntegra como eu. Acidentes acontecem e dessa vez a vítima fui eu. Somos dois lutadores com características parecidas, que lutam para frente. Quero retornar logo ao octógono. Caso o UFC peça um tira-teima faríamos de tudo para compensar o show para o público", afirmou Nobre.

Agora Pedro Nobre aguarda uma nova avaliação médica para saber exatamente quanto tempo ele terá que ficar em recuperação. Essa definição sairá em uma semana, quando ele será reavaliado.

O chefe da BTT, Murilo Bustamante, fez questão de mostrar seu apoio ao lutador.

"O Pedro é um dos atletas mais guerreiros que temos aqui na academia. Já vi esse cara passar diversos perrengues em outras lutas, dar a volta por cima e sair vitorioso. Na própria luta contra o Yuri aconteceu um caso parecido, quando ele levou uma americana e com uma raça incrível se livrou da posição e seguiu adiante. Muitos teriam batido ali. Graças a Deus todos os exames feitos no hospital não acusaram nenhum trauma grave e nem fraturas na cabeça e na coluna cervical, apesar dele ainda ter sinais e sintomas da lesão. Agora temos que prezar pela recuperação dele, que é o mais importante", disse Murilo.
1/20/13 5:08 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Thanks for the interview, now it all makes sense... Phone Post
1/20/13 5:11 PM
nogidavid

lol run it through google translate, it comes out reasonably accurate, but i translated the main point lol

1/20/13 5:26 PM
joemasepoos
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nogidavid - 

lol run it through google translate, it comes out reasonably accurate, but i translated the main point lol

Great post mate !! Makes perfect sense now , I hope they can change the result and give the winner the W that he deserves .
1/20/13 5:39 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Hopefully this creates more publicity for Alcantara and they begin to take notice of him. He's a very good fighter, top 10 talent. Amazing striking and bjj. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.