UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did the Vitor/Bisping Bout Make Sense?

1/20/13 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy for Vitor, feel bad for Bisping.

What are they gonna do now?

Will Vitor get another shot at Anderson? There are many matches for him at MW outside that but Vitor is a dangerous fight for any contender. He just proved he is still capable of pulling out old Vitor out of no where.

We all know Bisping would have lost to Anderson and Im sure he would still be able to put himself up there. If Weidman and Lombard are the other top contenders, I would still like to see how he does against them.
1/20/13 1:55 PM
mose
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last night was one of the best presents that Rashad Evans has ever received.

1/20/13 2:00 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes it made sense..ufc wanted anderson to fight and anderson only wanted to fight someone like a bisbing...if bisbing beat vitor it would have fastracked him to skip the line for a title shot...

1/20/13 2:06 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You think Bisping beating Vitor would means Bisping would have been "fasttracked" and not simply just earning the shot? I think he would have completely and legitimately solidified a shot had he won.

But unless Vitor is a legit possibiity to rematch Anderson....
1/20/13 2:07 PM
madmav
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still some good fights in the ufc for both of them.. though andy slays them all the mw division is still deep imo

1/20/13 2:07 PM
Festus
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael beats Jones...Vitor just talked himself into a title fight. He knows he wont get another shot at silva or jones anytime soon. Hes counting on Chael winning and that is what was behind his post fight speeches. Its genius is what it is Phone Post
1/20/13 2:40 PM
Wasa-B

Festus -  Chael beats Jones...Vitor just talked himself into a title fight. He knows he wont get another shot at silva or jones anytime soon. Hes counting on Chael winning and that is what was behind his post fight speeches. Its genius is what it is Phone Post

Vitor's left foot and arm bar respectively did more the talking imo
1/20/13 2:42 PM
Wasa-B

madmav - 

still some good fights in the ufc for both of them.. though andy slays them all the mw division is still deep imo

Agreed and agreed but vitor already had a shot, does zuffa and/or the fans wanna see vitor rematch Andy? Guess another old vitor result and then probably
1/20/13 2:58 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes and No.

Would Bisping/Anderson have sold coming off the Stann win? Yes. Bisping has the mouth, the skillset, the UK background, and enough people know who he is that they could have sold the fight although he'd obviously be a large underdog.
But many people would have considered it a non-deserved shot, and while we still would have watched, there would be a lot of backlash for it, IMO. A win over Vitor would have established him as a very credible contender Phone Post
1/20/13 3:07 PM
Wasa-B

I think Bisping has had paid his dues and had enough a resume to have gotten the shot at Andy after Stann. But why not put him against another contender like Weidman who hasnt yet gotten a shot? I suppose that takes out 1 potential candidate too though on the flip.
1/20/13 3:10 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is a solid gatekeeper and recognizable name to headline a non-PPV card.

I'd like to see him vs Shogun for the battle of the gatekeepers.

1/20/13 3:16 PM
D241

All I got to say is, this is the Fuckin UFC, do we REALLY think they're against rematches?

Vitor vs Anderson 2, it's what makes sense, it's what the fans want.

Or, non title fight Anderson vs Manhoef

Or, Vitor vs Lombard winner gets title shot.

1/20/13 3:19 PM
orcus

Wasa-B - You think Bisping beating Vitor would means Bisping would have been "fasttracked" and not simply just earning the shot? I think he would have completely and legitimately solidified a shot had he won.

Of course it would have justified a shot, but you forget who you're talking to.

Bisping would have been the only guy ever to beat Belfort at MW other than Anderson.

1/20/13 3:20 PM

Wasa-B - You think Bisping beating Vitor would means Bisping would have been "fasttracked" and not simply just earning the shot? I think he would have completely and legitimately solidified a shot had he won.

Yes. Bisbing was 1-1. There are people that have done more than Bisbing to earn a shot. Phone Post
1/20/13 3:21 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a match up I wanted to see.
1/20/13 3:22 PM

orcus -
Wasa-B - You think Bisping beating Vitor would means Bisping would have been "fasttracked" and not simply just earning the shot? I think he would have completely and legitimately solidified a shot had he won.

Of course it would have justified a shot, but you forget who you're talking to.

Bisping would have been the only guy ever to beat Belfort at MW other than Anderson.

So if Anthony Johnson or cung Li or someone of that stature beat Vitor he would have deserved title shot. Get out of here nonsense boy b Phone Post
1/20/13 3:24 PM
32Hunter

D241 - 

All I got to say is, this is the Fuckin UFC, do we REALLY think they're against rematches?

Vitor vs Anderson 2, it's what makes sense, it's what the fans want.

Or, non title fight Anderson vs Manhoef

Or, Vitor vs Lombard winner gets title shot.

I like it, the Anderson-Manhoef is kinda out there but I'd watch.
1/20/13 3:27 PM
Jons Forsberg

I enjoyed it. Also giving Bipsing a title shot only made sense ratings wise, never for a second did he have a chance.
1/20/13 3:31 PM
SonnendbySilva
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw a thread earlier calling for weidman v belfort for no1 contender and I think it's a cracking idea. Phone Post
1/20/13 3:34 PM
Wasa-B

Jons Forsberg - I enjoyed it. Also giving Bipsing a title shot only made sense ratings wise, never for a second did he have a chance.

Had he beaten vitor, it would have only made have made sense ratings wise?
1/20/13 3:35 PM
Jons Forsberg

vs Anderson? yeah I don't think he had much of a chance.
1/20/13 3:58 PM
KremeDipEagle
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Happy for Vitor, feel bad for Bisping.

Will Vitor get another shot at Anderson? There are many matches for him at MW outside that but Vitor is a dangerous fight for any contender. He just proved he is still capable of pulling out old Vitor out of no where.

We all know Bisping would have lost to Anderson and Im sure he would still be able to put himself up there. If Weidman and Lombard are the other top contenders, I would still like to see how he does against them.
It made sense to me because if bisping can't beat a belfort, then he has no business against Anderson. He has repeatedly shown that he has a lot of trouble against crisp, technical strikers who move forward and have the skills to keep a fight they want standing, standing. As far as belfort, at this point in his career the UFC can plug him in where (and what weight) they see fit. He is always dangerous and may even be poised to start bucking the trend of losing any fight that goes past round 1. His conditioning and energy pacing seem to be improving. As far as your question of Bisping's chances against a Weidman and a Lombard matchup, both are bad matchups for the Count. Both those fighters have advantages in any place the fight goes. Lombards striking and judo are too much and Weidman's power and ground saavy are too much. Bisping is not going to be on those guys level but he occupies a very respectable place in the upper middle tier of mw's. Phone Post
1/20/13 4:31 PM
Wasa-B

KremeDipEagle - 
Wasa-B - Happy for Vitor, feel bad for Bisping.

It made sense to me because if bisping can't beat a belfort, then he has no business against Anderson. He has repeatedly shown that he has a lot of trouble against crisp, technical strikers who move forward and have the skills to keep a fight they want standing, standing. As far as belfort, at this point in his career the UFC can plug him in where (and what weight) they see fit. He is always dangerous and may even be poised to start bucking the trend of losing any fight that goes past round 1. His conditioning and energy pacing seem to be improving. As far as your question of Bisping's chances against a Weidman and a Lombard matchup, both are bad matchups for the Count. Both those fighters have advantages in any place the fight goes. Lombards striking and judo are too much and Weidman's power and ground saavy are too much. Bisping is not going to be on those guys level but he occupies a very respectable place in the upper middle tier of mw's. Phone Post

Yes, agree, im never against a contender having to prove they can challenge the champ by beating another top contender. Good point.
1/20/13 4:33 PM
Wasa-B

DoomFarmer -  Why feel bad for Bisping?

He has proven time and again that he can't get it done.

I wish they would give him a free goddamn shot just to shut everyone up about it.

He has no business being in there with Silva. Phone Post

Not many do.

But Bisping has been so close so many times and earned his way back more than once.

How many other guys have been so close to the title shot only to lose in dramatic fashion each time?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.