UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Gegard Mousasi War Wagon All Aboard!!!!

1/21/13 6:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name -
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
Gokudamus stole my name - Im gay for Gayhard but Gus is gonna wrestlefuck him to a decision

Yea cause we al know how great of a wrestler Alex is.

You dont need to be a "great" wrestler to outwrestle Mousasi. Keith Jardine outwrestled him. Gus had no problems outwrestling Shogun who has shown better wrestling than Mousasi in MMA

Mousasi has the same conditioning problems Shogun has, only he is even easier to take down

After that fight gegard changed his outlook on fights in north america. After that fight he diligently worked on his wrestling and has actually been using it offensively! He took OSP down at will and took mike kyle down to get the finish. Dude changed his game and you need to wake up and see it. Phone Post
1/21/13 6:34 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 - 
Gokudamus stole my name - Im gay for Gayhard but Gus is gonna wrestlefuck him to a decision

You dont need to be a "great" wrestler to outwrestle Mousasi. Keith Jardine outwrestled him. Gus had no problems outwrestling Shogun who has shown better wrestling than Mousasi in MMA

Mousasi has the same conditioning problems Shogun has, only he is even easier to take down

After that fight gegard changed his outlook on fights in north america. After that fight he diligently worked on his wrestling and has actually been using it offensively! He took OSP down at will and took mike kyle down to get the finish. Dude changed his game and you need to wake up and see it. Phone Post

He didnt take OSP down at will, infact he got 4 out of 7 takedowns in the entire fight and was taken down twice himself

He also gassed out as usual and lost round 3 to St.Preux

1/21/13 6:44 PM
MdGeist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - 

Jardine outwrestled him for one round that caught a beating. Anyway Jardine i actually a pretty good wrestler, better the aleks anyway.

Jardine took Mousasi down in all 3 rounds. And no he isnt a better wrestler than Gustafsson.

He never took him down in the 3rd round. Of those 4 takedowns that Jardine landed in the 1st round, Jardine only landed one punch on the ground, two total ground strikes in the whole fight, that doesn't win you a round when your opponent lands nearly 40 standing arm strikes and strikes from guard compared to 10 sloppy leg kicks and punches.

Mousasi was kind of lethargic about defending the takedowns in the 1st round and was content to conserve energy and beat him up off his back, but after he got deducted that point, he turned up in the 2nd and beat Jardine to a bloody pulp once he got his head in the game.

Mousasi dominated Jardine every round. That fight should have been 30-26 for Mousasi but you had the combination of two incompetent judges and one incompetent ref.  Mousasi never should have been deducted a point for slightly connecting with Jardine's face with his foot, he should have just been warned but Jardine sold it to the ref. so he could take a break. And that last round should have been a 10-8 as Jardine litterally only landed a couple jabs and a few low-kicks, it was total domination.

1/21/13 6:49 PM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he takes Gustafson and makes it look easy.

1/21/13 7:24 PM
pulsar

inf0 - 

I think he takes Gustafson and makes it look easy.

Yep. And we're going to have a bunch of guys running around saying 'wow, who was that guy, he's my new fave fighter!'.

1/21/13 8:29 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - 

Jardine outwrestled him for one round that caught a beating. Anyway Jardine i actually a pretty good wrestler, better the aleks anyway.

Jardine took Mousasi down in all 3 rounds. And no he isnt a better wrestler than Gustafsson.

He never took him down in the 3rd round. Of those 4 takedowns that Jardine landed in the 1st round, Jardine only landed one punch on the ground, two total ground strikes in the whole fight, that doesn't win you a round when your opponent lands nearly 40 standing arm strikes and strikes from guard compared to 10 sloppy leg kicks and punches.

Mousasi was kind of lethargic about defending the takedowns in the 1st round and was content to conserve energy and beat him up off his back, but after he got deducted that point, he turned up in the 2nd and beat Jardine to a bloody pulp once he got his head in the game.

Mousasi dominated Jardine every round. That fight should have been 30-26 for Mousasi but you had the combination of two incompetent judges and one incompetent ref.  Mousasi never should have been deducted a point for slightly connecting with Jardine's face with his foot, he should have just been warned but Jardine sold it to the ref. so he could take a break. And that last round should have been a 10-8 as Jardine litterally only landed a couple jabs and a few low-kicks, it was total domination.

Ouch you just ko'd, lol
1/21/13 8:31 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 - 

He didnt take OSP down at will, infact he got 4 out of 7 takedowns in the entire fight and was taken down twice himself

For someone who "gay for Him" you seem to be pretty biased against him.
1/21/13 10:48 PM
tetris
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been on this bitch since it started... Love watching gegard fight... Way underrated. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:48 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mousasi was kind of lethargic about defending the takedowns in the 1st round and was content to conserve energy and beat him up off his back, but after he got deducted that point, he turned up in the 2nd and beat Jardine to a bloody pulp once he got his head in the game."

And the fact that Jardine was not even training at the time and took the fight on 5 days notice had nothing to do with Mousasi turning it up in the 2nd?

As for the rest of your strawman argument. I havent claimed Jardine won the fight or that he even dominated Mousasi, i simply said he outwrestled him wich is fact, he got 6 takedowns versus 3 by Mousasi.
1/21/13 11:50 PM
Gokudamus stole my name

ender852 - 

For someone who "gay for Him" you seem to be pretty biased against him.

My bad i forgot that fanboys should nuthug blindly

Mousasi has no weaknesses, he can outwrestle anyone, even when he gets taken down, its only because he doesnt care about being taken down, if he wanted he could stuff Jon Jones takedowns, and he would KO Anderson easy

1/22/13 6:34 PM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is still training hard at wrestling. He is a smart fighter and he knows its a weakness of his. He also knows he is going to the UFC where good wrestling is basically a MUST to stay in the top 5-10.

I think he is going to bring it to Gus in all areas. Mousasi is good off his back too. This is gonna be a great fight. Phone Post
1/22/13 8:08 PM
ender852
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mousasi being good off his back was why he didn't defend takedowns so hard earlier in his career. he would save energy and attack off his back.

1/22/13 8:16 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/22/13 8:16 PM
Should be a great fight. Both are amazing technicians.

I favor Gus slightly because given how good both fighters are at defense, I see this going to decision, and I think Gus is more experienced at playing the point-fighting game.

Also Mousasi's cardio has been questionable a couple times, I don't recall ever seeing Gus look tired. And this fight is 5 rounds.
Gokudamus stole my name - As for the rest of your strawman argument. I havent claimed Jardine won the fight or that he even dominated Mousasi, i simply said he outwrestled him wich is fact, he got 6 takedowns versus 3 by Mousasi.

Top control is also part of wrestling. Never re-watched the fight but I'm pretty confident in saying Mousasi spent more time on top of Jardine than vice versa. He got up effortlessly almost every time Jardine took him down.

His strategy appeared to be to let Jardine gas himself out taking Gegard down, and that strategy worked. But he didn't bank on 20 seconds of top control and getting outstruck by a guy on his back, weighing more to judges than outlanding your opponent by high ratios.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson and will be able to point-fight better against Gus.
2/6/13 8:41 PM
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/17/13 4:57 PM
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/17/13 5:39 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been a gegard fan! Make space for me! Phone Post
3/17/13 5:41 PM
Quadzilla7

WAR MOUSE!!!!! Phone Post
3/18/13 9:33 AM
Lahzerous

mmavixen -  I've always been a gegard fan! Make space for me! Phone Post

(Scoots over)

3/18/13 9:44 AM
RJJH

I miss long pants souwer -  Mous is oldschool. One of my favorite fighters, war gegard!! Phone Post

this!

GAYHARD!!!

3/19/13 12:43 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

3/22/13 7:55 PM
Lahzerous

3/22/13 10:45 PM
ender852

so fucking pumped for this fight

3/22/13 11:04 PM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Gegard! I can't wait to see this fight, 2 of my favorite LHW's. Phone Post
3/24/13 6:48 PM
Lahzerous

3/25/13 8:28 AM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR MOUSASI!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.