UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who else is Excited for Aldo vs Edgar?!?!?!?

1/20/13 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man
Pancake Syrup - Yup sure am trolling saying Frankie doesn't deserve to fight Aldo for the title after losing his last 2 fights yup let me take my troll face off real quick....

He only lost in the eyes of those blind judges...I had Frankie winning both fights. 

1/20/13 10:54 PM
quick
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie is the Rocky Balboa of MMA and I'm definitely rooting for him in this one.
1/20/13 10:57 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm saying Frankie, but I'm well aware that the fact that he's one of my favourite fighters is the reason. In reality I see this as a 50/50 matchup, and a true superfight.

I also want Frankie to win to make up for the fact that he got robbed in his last fight.
1/20/13 10:58 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr -
Pancake Syrup - Yup sure am trolling saying Frankie doesn't deserve to fight Aldo for the title after losing his last 2 fights yup let me take my troll face off real quick....

He only lost in the eyes of those blind judges...I had Frankie winning both fights. 

Not sure how you could think Frankie won the first one. But whatever his last fight was close enough I have no problem with Edgar fighting Aldo now, he's a former champ and their isn't any clear contender at 145 Phone Post
1/20/13 11:00 PM
vsc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rooting for Frankie, although my gut tells me Aldo will win, but who knows Frankie is not somebody you can count out. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:03 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 

I gave Benson the first but Frankie the 2nd but still they are both loses and he shouldn't get an immediate title shot at 145. Should have had him fight Koch or KZ when he gets back to 100%
1/20/13 11:19 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

The only thing im worried about is fe's chin...dunno if its been comprimised by his wars....and im scurred of JAs kicks....the counter to circular movement is lkicks..but the counter to LKicks are catching & TDs.
1/20/13 11:25 PM
Poindexter
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yes.

1/20/13 11:26 PM
stevekt
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frankie is going to do it. I'll be there in Vegas and might put some money on Frankie. I assume he's the underdog?
1/20/13 11:27 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
JROTT - If bigger guys like Maynard and Bendo can't ko Edgar then I can't see Aldo doing it.. I still remember UFC 129 with Aldo gassed underneath Hominick unable to get up..

Edgar by 5 round fist pump Phone Post
Those guys aren't really known for finishing people though. Benson's only real way to finish is the guillotine and Maynard doesn't finish anyone. Edgar doesn't usually fight top strikers or kickers. Will be interesting. Phone Post

Edgar doesnt usually, but aldo has never fought another top striker and def never a top striker with top wrestling. The closest thing to a top striker was kenny. Closest to a top striker w/top wrestling, also ken. And we know hes neither....we also know he won that fight.
1/20/13 11:28 PM
whoabro

omlet de fromage - Frankie will drop Aldo, and win a decision.
Rooting for aldo, but this Phone Post
Phisher

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
JROTT - If bigger guys like Maynard and Bendo can't ko Edgar then I can't see Aldo doing it.. I still remember UFC 129 with Aldo gassed underneath Hominick unable to get up..

Those guys aren't really known for finishing people though. Benson's only real way to finish is the guillotine and Maynard doesn't finish anyone. Edgar doesn't usually fight top strikers or kickers. Will be interesting. Phone Post

And who does Aldo typically fight? Edgar has been going toe-to-toe with much bigger fighters in a much deeper division for years.

Reggie Warren Jr
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - I think Frankie is going to do it. I'll be there in Vegas and might put some money on Frankie. I assume he's the underdog?

Would have to assume.

1/20/13 11:31 PM
Chris27

How can you not be excited about this fight? Aldo is P4P top 5, best FW of all time and Edgar should be wearing the belt at 155 right now fighting above his natural weight class.

Edgar imo is the only 145er in the world who can possibly beat Aldo so yeah I'd excited.

It also happens to be my favorite fighter vs a fighter I went to school with and know. So whoever wins i'll be happy.

If anyone is gonna beat Aldo I'd rather it be Frankie.
1/20/13 11:33 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Even tho i say all this, i hope aldo wins. Cuz he could 100% be lw champ. Shit, imo...he could beat 99% of wws...maybe outpoint gsp. He shouldnt go 2 bw....cruz...if hes 100%...beats aldo.
1/20/13 11:35 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr - 
stevekt - I think Frankie is going to do it. I'll be there in Vegas and might put some money on Frankie. I assume he's the underdog?

Would have to assume.

He's a big dog, +210. Bigfoot is as well, might make a nice parlay

1/20/13 11:35 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping KOd by CHRIST - Even tho i say all this, i hope aldo wins. Cuz he could 100% be lw champ. Shit, imo...he could beat 99% of wws...maybe outpoint gsp. He shouldnt go 2 bw....cruz...if hes 100%...beats aldo.

Ha nice name

1/20/13 11:39 PM
I AM A MOFO
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking very forward to it and picking Frankie to win.
1/20/13 11:41 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping KOd by CHRIST -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Edgar doesnt usually, but aldo has never fought another top striker and def never a top striker with top wrestling. The closest thing to a top striker was kenny. Closest to a top striker w/top wrestling, also ken. And we know hes neither....we also know he won that fight.
Hominick was a very good striker before his trainer died. I'll assume you forgot about him, but I agree he doesn't pose wrestling threats Aldo does. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:44 PM
UGSlapshot

Stoked for this fight, should be one of those fights that are thrilling regardless of who wins.

I feel Edgar should be favored to win. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:45 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Phisher -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

And who does Aldo typically fight? Edgar has been going toe-to-toe with much bigger fighters in a much deeper division for years.

I was simply replying to Benson and Maynard not being able to finish him. And yes Edgar has been in the deeper division, but he hasn't fought a lot of it's depth due to the rematch.

Who they have fought doesn't really matter in any case, who is the better fighter does. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:46 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

Phisher - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Aldo typically....and i HATE THIS WORD...but he fights 1 dimensional, "professional opponents". Guys paid to make aldo look good. Ken & faber werent(although, who has faber beaten? His best win to date is a 20yr old undersized cruz), but they are past prime, pro gate keepers.
1/20/13 11:48 PM

/\ Aldo has one loss in his career, in 2005

1/20/13 11:57 PM
Bisping KOd by CHRIST

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Hominick was a very good striker before his trainer died. I'll assume you forgot about him, but I agree he doesn't pose wrestling threats Aldo does. Phone Post

Fuck me! The machine! I love him, howTF did i forget about him?? I love him, but hes not a "great" mma striker. Ken is a better mma striker. FE blows him out da water. . Hes undersized & 1 dimensional. Even still, he outstruck aldo on the feet enough to make a supposed "p4p #2 striker" go 4 TDs.
1/21/13 12:01 AM
Reggie Warren Jr

What about that damn knee Aldo threw against Mendes when breaking the takedown attempt?  Will Frankie put himself in that position? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.