UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who else is Excited for Aldo vs Edgar?!?!?!?

1/21/13 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie droppe Bendo in both fights, Ko'd gray. He has power. I see him winning this via tko Phone Post
1/21/13 12:07 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping KOd by CHRIST -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Bisping KOd by CHRIST -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
JROTT - If bigger guys like Maynard and Bendo can't ko Edgar then I can't see Aldo doing it.. I still remember UFC 129 with Aldo gassed underneath Hominick unable to get up..

Edgar by 5 round fist pump Phone Post
Those guys aren't really known for finishing people though. Benson's only real way to finish is the guillotine and Maynard doesn't finish anyone. Edgar doesn't usually fight top strikers or kickers. Will be interesting. Phone Post

Edgar doesnt usually, but aldo has never fought another top striker and def never a top striker with top wrestling. The closest thing to a top striker was kenny. Closest to a top striker w/top wrestling, also ken. And we know hes neither....we also know he won that fight.
Hominick was a very good striker before his trainer died. I'll assume you forgot about him, but I agree he doesn't pose wrestling threats Aldo does. Phone Post

Fuck me! The machine! I love him, howTF did i forget about him?? I love him, but hes not a "great" mma striker. Ken is a better mma striker. FE blows him out da water. . Hes undersized & 1 dimensional. Even still, he outstruck aldo on the feet enough to make a supposed "p4p #2 striker" go 4 TDs.
Hominick was a better striker than Florian or Edgar, the only problem was you knew there was no threat of takedowns, which is probably the key to Edgar's having success against Aldo.

And I think Aldo was just using them to make Hominick have to worry about them, Aldo did win the striking in each round and did a ton of damage over the first 4 rounds. The weird thing to me was how conservative Aldo was on top, he is a tremendous grappler.

I think he got whatever issues he was having with his size or whatever against Hominick and Florian taken care of, he better be 100% to beat Edgar. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:08 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr -

What about that damn knee Aldo threw against Mendes when breaking the takedown attempt?  Will Frankie put himself in that position? 

Doubt it, Edgar's takedowns normally come on quick counters, like a caught kick. I'd be surprised if he clings to Aldo and spends a bunch of energy trying to take him down from those positions. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:14 AM
Reggie Warren Jr
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz -  Frankie droppe Bendo in both fights, Ko'd gray. He has power. I see him winning this via tko Phone Post

This is true...he did drop him in both fights. 

1/21/13 12:16 AM
Reggie Warren Jr
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And its been a year since Aldo has fought...cage rust or not possible?

1/21/13 1:02 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Edgar but Aldo by tko Phone Post
1/21/13 1:19 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmaxej9 - Edgar better trains how to block leg kicks otherwise he'll ave a rude awakening. I guarantee you that he never fought someone who kicked as fast and hard as Aldo does..after he eats the first low kick he will think Fuck....especially fighters with a strong wrestling base who have a lower stance (Faber being a good example) have a hard time with block these kicks. It's not that big of a problem if the other person doesn't kick that hard...but man if someone knows how to throw hard.....ouch
Edgar is training with Edson Barboza for this fight. Probably the best person you can bring in to train for Aldo. I think he'll be well prepared for Aldo's kicks. Phone Post
1/21/13 1:25 AM
BackAndLeft
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's gonna be a sick fight. I hope everyone has learned by now to never count out Frankie. I'm willing to say Frankie gets a few takedowns in this fight when it gets to championship rounds 4 and 5.

Aldo is a beast but give me Frankie in this one. UnanimousD. Phone Post
1/21/13 1:28 AM
banging

Sooo excited for this fight like I haven't been for any other in a while. Stoked that Edgar has been training with Edson Barboza in my hometown. Frankie knocked Maynard silly, his jaw almost fell off. And he dropped Henderson too, almost ripped his head off with a guillotine.

Aldo's awesome too, quick and deadly. Who doesn't love this fight?
1/21/13 2:36 AM
OSBtro11

I got Aldo by UD Phone Post
1/21/13 2:50 AM
allforroy
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fight. Got to go with Frankie. What a fight. Phone Post
1/21/13 3:24 AM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

I'm stoked. Cheering for Frankie but I have Aldo winning by TKO. Phone Post
1/21/13 3:55 AM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy fight, crazy card. Can't wait.

1/21/13 4:14 AM
Gojira78
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is an awesome fight! I can't wait. Frankie needs to make sure he starts well because if he starts slow Aldo has a the ability to knock him out by being the second man to enter the matrix in the UFC. If Frankie gets a good start and doesnt get rocked early I see him wearing Aldo down and getting a late knock out or grinding out a very hard fought decision. If either man wins by stoppage their names will be very very high up on the P4P rankings. It is definatly a fight that needs watching, the 2 of them are insane fighters and deserve to be known as 2 of the best P4P in the world.

1/21/13 4:47 AM
UGCTT_Dinamita
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo by moo Thailand kick Phone Post
1/21/13 5:46 AM
UGSlapshot

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - Frankie droppe Bendo in both fights, Ko'd gray. He has power. I see him winning this via tko Phone Post
I wouldn't disregard his fights with bj either, ppl saying Edgar doesn't usually fight quality strikes are smoking even though he's beat some solid ground guys.

Bendo is a solid striker, BJ is a solid striker and Gray is at least above average, Griffin and Fisher were fairly good.

IDK, if kenflo can give Aldo a hard time then it kinda puts a dent in the hype, not saying aldo isn't a badass but him fighting Edgar will put the questions about how badass to bed one way or the other most likely. Phone Post
1/21/13 8:11 AM
tonytr

Edgar is the most overrated fighter amongst fans. The guy gets lucky because of his chin. He lost both Bendo fights (especially the first one, second is debateable but by no means did Edgar "clearly" win it). People like to point to his wins over BJ, but as we've seen since then...BJ has completely lost it. Maynard? He's not that great, and his power isn't all it's chalked up to be (hasn't had a KO win since 2007).

Could the fight go to decision? Sure. But Edgar has never been known as a wrestler, so what makes anyone think he'll be able to take down Aldo when Mendes couldn't? Edgar tends to get hit a lot, and Aldo is just too good in the stand up to do what Maynard and Bendo did (hurt Edgar early and then never again).
1/21/13 9:05 AM
majikman
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - Edgar is the most overrated fighter amongst fans. The guy gets lucky because of his chin. He lost both Bendo fights (especially the first one, second is debateable but by no means did Edgar "clearly" win it). People like to point to his wins over BJ, but as we've seen since then...BJ has completely lost it. Maynard? He's not that great, and his power isn't all it's chalked up to be (hasn't had a KO win since 2007).

Could the fight go to decision? Sure. But Edgar has never been known as a wrestler, so what makes anyone think he'll be able to take down Aldo when Mendes couldn't? Edgar tends to get hit a lot, and Aldo is just too good in the stand up to do what Maynard and Bendo did (hurt Edgar early and then never again).
I don't even know where to begin. There is a shitload of utter silliness in your post Phone Post
1/21/13 10:35 AM
lastcall
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

absolutely
1/21/13 2:31 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

majikman - 
tonytr - Edgar is the most overrated fighter amongst fans. The guy gets lucky because of his chin. He lost both Bendo fights (especially the first one, second is debateable but by no means did Edgar "clearly" win it). People like to point to his wins over BJ, but as we've seen since then...BJ has completely lost it. Maynard? He's not that great, and his power isn't all it's chalked up to be (hasn't had a KO win since 2007).

I don't even know where to begin. There is a shitload of utter silliness in your post Phone Post

2nd that. 

1/21/13 4:34 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldos leg kicks gonna be the difference

Unless Frankie circles away pushes the pace and outworks Aldo late rounds for a descion Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.