UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Biggest Loser Starts Tmrw at Work TME

1/20/13 10:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RandyIsMyDad
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for any kind of diet and exercise plan advice. Biggest loser contest at work runs for two months til March 22nd. I'm at 6'4" 250 right now, and I think I can probably lose 20. I'm planning on going with lots of greens and grilled chicken, low carb diet. Heavy weight training to boost the metabolism along with biking and the insanity program for cardio. Any advice from the experts here is appreciated.
1/21/13 4:46 AM
Leigh
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would probably do it. I don't want to deter anyone from lifting but for pure weight loss, its not ideal cos you retain/build muscle. Usually that's a good thing but if guys have a lot of weight to cut, it helps to stop lifting for a few weeks

Also, do a water cut when weigh in rolls around Phone Post
1/21/13 1:23 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh - That would probably do it. I don't want to deter anyone from lifting but for pure weight loss, its not ideal cos you retain/build muscle. Usually that's a good thing but if guys have a lot of weight to cut, it helps to stop lifting for a few weeks

Also, do a water cut when weigh in rolls around Phone Post
This. If you're just trying to win a bet, a guy your size can easy cut 10 lbs for the weigh in. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:00 AM
RandyIsMyDad
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've wrestled so I have experience cutting weight. I'm looking to legitimately cut as much weight as possible too. My ideal fighting weight is probably around 225 anyway. Is it true that cardio in the morning before eating helps burn more fat? Thanks for the replies.
1/22/13 2:57 AM
Leigh
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. Not eating means low insulin levels, so fat is easier to burn Phone Post
1/22/13 10:15 AM
HULC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do stuff that gets your heart rate elevated for long periods of time.

Eat less.

2/20/13 9:40 PM
RandyIsMyDad

Status update for anyone who cares: I've been able to drop 30 pounds in the four weeks the contest has been on. The diet hasn't been that tough and I've been working out consistently doing Insanity and stationary bike. It looks like the contest will come down to me and one other guy. I think 20% would be a lock to win.
2/21/13 3:29 AM
Leigh

wow! well done :)
2/21/13 9:59 AM
The Adversary
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice work, buddy!
2/21/13 12:18 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good work keep it up.
How many days per week and hours a day do you work out?
2/21/13 1:16 PM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great work!! Phone Post
2/21/13 5:27 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, that's great.

We can cut an easy ten off of you the last day if It's close. Phone Post
2/21/13 11:28 PM
RandyIsMyDad

JamesDean57 - Good work keep it up.
How many days per week and hours a day do you work out?

I've been working out pretty much every day but not super intense. I think it's been more from diet. I ride the stationary bike for 20 minutes in the morning before breakfast. Then at night, I'll either do one of the Insanity workouts, bike 30-45 mins, or play basketball.

Thanks everyone for the props and advice.
2/22/13 10:02 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok I was just wondering that's pretty good weight loss for 4 weeks, keep up the good work I think you got this.
3/7/13 8:52 AM
torquemada

So did you win? Phone Post
3/7/13 9:19 AM
JamesDean57

I think it runs till March 22nd.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.