UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: 'No excuses' for loss to Belfort

1/20/13 10:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I have no excuses," Bisping said in his UFC on FX 7 post-fight speech. "I had a fantastic training camp, and I felt very confident that I was going to win this fight. It was a beautiful kick. He caught me. Listen, he was a better man than me tonight."

Throughout his most recent rise to the top of the division, Bisping had gone from a reviled Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)-manufactured star to a likeable, funny and viable contender. Sure, the Bisping Hate Club will still have strong membership regardless of his exploits inside the Octagon, but it was safe to say he was beginning to finally turn the corner, warming up to fight fans who previously couldn't tolerate his shtick.

In the wake of his most recent loss, it would appear that Bisping's surging popularity is the silver lining in an otherwise devastating result. One from which the 33-year-old promises to rebound again and climb his way back to the top of the contender ladder.

"You win some, you lose some," he said. "I am not going away. Trust me, I'll be back at the top of this pile before you fucking know it."

read entire article...

1/20/13 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It was a lucky punch"

Jimmy Rustler. Phone Post
1/20/13 10:50 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know people hate the guy, but that's a classy way to handle defeat.

Props to Bisping for those comments. In a sport seemingly filled with excuse makers after every loss, it was refreshing to hear a fighter man up and give respect like that. Phone Post
1/20/13 10:50 PM
Beezulbubba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's really won me over. I am a fan now win or lose. But i think it was more his hardcore fans on here that thought he was an unstoppable world beater then Mike himself.
1/20/13 10:56 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -  "It was a lucky punch"

There could not possibly have been a better first response. You win the intertubes!

1/20/13 10:59 PM
iamjohnny

I don't like the man, but he handled the loss well.
1/20/13 10:59 PM
JetSetter

It's refreshing for a fighter to get beat without making a million excuses (JDS etc...)

Bisping has no where near the talent to be a champ in the UFC but he can stick around and make a ton of money. Phone Post
1/20/13 11:02 PM
ausgepicht

Saltyballs -  I know people hate the guy, but that's a classy way to handle defeat.

Props to Bisping for those comments. In a sport seemingly filled with excuse makers after every loss, it was refreshing to hear a fighter man up and give respect like that. Phone Post

Ironically, while in the home of excuse making. No one does it better than the Brazilians.

Kudos to Mike for the way he has handled it. 

1/20/13 11:02 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -  "It was a lucky punch"

"Mmmph... mmmmmmphhh"

Sugar Dick, from Jimmy Rustler's lap.
1/20/13 11:36 PM
Bipolar

How do you get 'back' to the top of a pile you've never been at the top of?
1/20/13 11:38 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bipolar - How do you get 'back' to the top of a pile you've never been at the top of?

He was a top 5 MW before the loss and is still a top 10 mw
1/20/13 11:39 PM
Best Chris Ever
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - "It was a lucky punch"

Tell that dude cole konrad retired Phone Post
1/20/13 11:40 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 01/20/13 11:40 PM
Bipolar - How do you get 'back' to the top of a pile you've never been at the top of?

By finding a gullible fan base ignorant of how rankings work and think shit talking is how you climb the ranks?

1/20/13 11:40 PM
ausgepicht

Pancake Syrup - 

How is Narnia this time of year?

1/20/13 11:42 PM
HandyDarsh
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's sugarcock? Bisping took the loss better than him Phone Post
1/20/13 11:42 PM
Mark Hunter
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was never a big Bisping fan, but he deserves props for how he handled this defeat.
1/20/13 11:44 PM
MMA6053
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - 

says more about the MW Division then Bispings ability really.

He may/will earn a fair few $$ but he was, is and will always remain an average fighter.

1/21/13 12:48 AM
vaginal tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is a tough dude. He won't be champ but he is game to fight whomever the UFC throws at him. Phone Post
1/21/13 1:35 AM
MMA6053
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear -  Bisping is a tough dude. He won't be champ but he is game to fight whomever the UFC throws at him. Phone Post

What's your point mate?

So would hundreds of other aspiring fighters given the opportunity and money.....
1/21/13 1:45 AM
kinson

Saltyballs - I know people hate the guy, but that's a classy way to handle defeat.

Voted up.

And

Agreed. Phone Post
1/21/13 2:04 AM
weepingbeaver

I do understand the Bisping hate, he can come across as cocky and arrogant. But most of this is just hyping a fight, the guy has shown class in this defeat and I hope to see him back soon. Phone Post
1/21/13 2:59 AM
BigSleep

You know what, I think Bisping is awesome. He has really grown on me. I also think his defiant " I will be back" right after the fight was a good sign. A lot of fighters get dejected or threaten to retire or come up with excuses for the loss. Not Bisping, even after what should have been a demoralizing loss.

How can you not like that?
1/21/13 5:26 AM
undisputed1972

Bisping handled the loss with dignity. He's a talented fighter but I don't think getting the proper nutrition necessary to be an elite athlete nowadays.
1/21/13 5:28 AM
peppo

This is the right way of responding to getting head kick KO'd.

Take notes, Vitor.
1/21/13 5:30 AM
Bisping NEEDS to retire
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's winning me over. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.