UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Cameron Earle

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/27/13 10:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
On the Mat
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either of you guys live in Cali? I think that sitting down with gumby or I would be necessary.
1/27/13 8:23 PM
mohawke
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in Raleigh, NC. I can understand the need to find a local editor. If you can't find anybody, I would still love to do it...
1/27/13 11:51 PM
SpiderRicco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for the ages.
1/28/13 3:45 AM
macavelli
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to write a book about my experience at Ralphs. A doc would be epic.
1/28/13 12:21 PM
dr kimura

I think BJ already wrote about his time at Ralph's.
1/28/13 5:38 PM
shark tank
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In this day and age, i'm shocked at how little information is available. i know that our community is relatively knew and still in its infancy, but with all the technology (everyone has a camera and anyone can start a blog) we are really behind. each one of these old school guys needs a biography. relson and renzo biographies would be amazing!
1/28/13 6:05 PM
BradGluckman
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the Mat - 
andre - 
PTM2020 -

man...  It'd be cool if somone made a doc about the early days at Ralphs School.   Interview everyone, BJ, Camarillos, Diaz's, Terrel, Gil Castillo, Gabe, etc.....

Actually that's a really interesting idea in general: a documentary on jiujitsu's early days in the US. Phone Post

We got a lot of footage. Anyone want to help edit it?

I would buy the documentary the second it came out that sounds  like a great idea

1/28/13 6:19 PM
Hywel Teague
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shark tank - In this day and age, i'm shocked at how little information is available. i know that our community is relatively knew and still in its infancy, but with all the technology (everyone has a camera and anyone can start a blog) we are really behind. each one of these old school guys needs a biography. relson and renzo biographies would be amazing!
Part of the reason I'm making the red belts movie. Just a complete lack of historical material. Phone Post
2/6/13 3:03 AM
Chorizo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread took a turn for the better.
2/6/13 3:00 PM
Furacao
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN on documentary for old school US BJJ stories. OTM must have massive footage from back in 90's as I always saw Gumby and Scotty shooting stuff @ tournies. Dont leave out SoCal docs as well :)
2/7/13 8:52 PM
redwhiteandblues
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up for that doc!!!!!
2/8/13 2:10 AM
cumprido1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love one also. Phone Post
2/9/13 4:50 PM
Paulo749
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know you, but you have earn my respect.

2/13/13 10:35 AM
TheComish
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great post Gumby... n' good to see Gabe in here too!
2/13/13 1:13 PM
JZilla
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just re watched rickson 's budo challenge when Earle beat Marcelo Phone Post
2/17/13 11:40 PM
On the Mat
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman - 
On the Mat - 
andre - 
PTM2020 -

man...  It'd be cool if somone made a doc about the early days at Ralphs School.   Interview everyone, BJ, Camarillos, Diaz's, Terrel, Gil Castillo, Gabe, etc.....

Actually that's a really interesting idea in general: a documentary on jiujitsu's early days in the US. Phone Post

We got a lot of footage. Anyone want to help edit it?

I would buy the documentary the second it came out that sounds  like a great idea

You'd probably be the one of the few. Then everyone else would torrent them. I've made 80 something BJJ and MMA titles and everyone of them is on a torrent.

i have tried to figure out how to put all the footage we have out there. Not even to make money on it just not to loose money on it. the hours it would take is massive. Pro Elite was going to pay to do it at one point and after they saw how much footage it was they even balked.

Back in the day Gumby and I had high paying tech jobs and could afford to use our jobs to help. Shit i used to build onthemat.com at work almost everyday. Gumby put the first full length BJJ matches online ever! and he did it while working at his job, IX micro or something like that. And my brother Cade used to host them for free at his job. This was like 97ish.
2/17/13 11:42 PM
On the Mat

Hywel Teague - 
shark tank - In this day and age, i'm shocked at how little information is available. i know that our community is relatively knew and still in its infancy, but with all the technology (everyone has a camera and anyone can start a blog) we are really behind. each one of these old school guys needs a biography. relson and renzo biographies would be amazing!
Part of the reason I'm making the red belts movie. Just a complete lack of historical material. Phone Post

You are the Man!!! For years Paqueta and I talked of doing a documentary even organized some of it. Your work will go down in history.
2/18/13 12:26 AM
puppet
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
5/23/13 9:48 PM
uniquetechnique
905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Gumby,
Nice to see you posting here, its been a long long time. I remember meeting you at tournaments and seeing you on the subfighter forum.
Anyways, Cameron was a good person..well to me at least. I would confront him at the BJJ tournaments all the time. In fact there was a time when I watched Charles AKA Mask go up to Cameron and give him a shitload of shirts and patches..I happened to catch him leaving and said to Cameron "you lucky motherfucker" He gave me my first tapout patch and tapout shirt.
Another time I remember is when I was still at Fabio Santos school , we entered a BJJ tournament in like 99 I think. Fabio is sitting with me and noticed Cameron about to compete . Fabio says " are you fucking kidding me Cameron?, your going to enter as a blue? " Cameron looked at fabio, smiled and shrugged his shoulders , fabio says "I am going to give Ralph a call to stop sandbagging you guys" hahaha.
But, I would go up to him and David Camarillo all the time...They were my idols back then besides my team mate Margarida.
5/24/13 8:00 AM
burner22

Really interesting and tragic story. Thanks for sharing gumby Phone Post
5/24/13 10:22 AM
Shoco
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
5/24/13 1:48 PM
cprevost

Cameron was training at our school under the name Ryan Garcia at the time of his arrest. He wore his black belt. I rolled with him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice guy. As soon as we figured out who he was the police were called and he was arrested. One of our gym guys was a police officer and arrested him.
5/28/13 12:30 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Craziness
5/29/13 1:49 AM
On the Mat

Owner, On the Mat
cprevost - Cameron was training at our school under the name Ryan Garcia at the time of his arrest. He wore his black belt. I rolled with him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice guy. As soon as we figured out who he was the police were called and he was arrested. One of our gym guys was a police officer and arrested him.

Hard to believe he tough he could hide in a BJJ school. Cops came to my store looking for him.

I had a lot of good times with Cam. We all knew he had a screw loose. Just didnt know how bad it was. Hard to believe when it happens so close to you.
5/29/13 11:23 AM
GracieLegacy
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - Hey Gumby,
Nice to see you posting here, its been a long long time. I remember meeting you at tournaments and seeing you on the subfighter forum.
Anyways, Cameron was a good person..well to me at least. I would confront him at the BJJ tournaments all the time. In fact there was a time when I watched Charles AKA Mask go up to Cameron and give him a shitload of shirts and patches..I happened to catch him leaving and said to Cameron "you lucky motherfucker" He gave me my first tapout patch and tapout shirt.
Another time I remember is when I was still at Fabio Santos school , we entered a BJJ tournament in like 99 I think. Fabio is sitting with me and noticed Cameron about to compete . Fabio says " are you fucking kidding me Cameron?, your going to enter as a blue? " Cameron looked at fabio, smiled and shrugged his shoulders , fabio says "I am going to give Ralph a call to stop sandbagging you guys" hahaha.
But, I would go up to him and David Camarillo all the time...They were my idols back then besides my team mate Margarida.

since nobody seemed to notice another legend posting on this, ttt for Margarida :)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.