UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor has no impressive wins...

1/21/13 10:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Got MMAlk
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LEKS - Wow, why the hate on vitor? One of my favorite fighters for sure. Even though he lost I thought his fight with John jones was impressive. Jones been making top light heavyweights look like amateurs. Phone Post
I too have been confused this whole time. Phone Post
1/21/13 10:13 AM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -  He had won 10 of his last 12 fights only losing a split to rampage and Fedor. Phone Post

Rampage had been 2.5 years earlier, and Fedor about 2. Come on.

And what happened after? When you look at a fighter's career, you have to look at the whole thing, not just out-of-context slices. Fact is, Lindland went down and down fast. He did not age gracefully, with slight decreases in skill/ability. He got old real quick. You could see it in the Nascimento fight, which went to decision but should have been an easy win over a middle-of-the-road, miscast welterweight.

Rankings/ratings are, by their very nature, trailing indicators of a fighter. They don't react quickly, and massively overweight current perception which often proves to have had both outsider, and historical, bias.

For his career, Lindland was a very good fighter, but not elite. When he fought Vitor, he was neither very good nor elite; he was faded.

1/21/13 10:58 AM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - You and lazer MMa need to go do a murder/suicide with one another.

Don't forget to invite stretch armbar!

1/21/13 11:04 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Don't feed the troll fellas. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:04 PM
4de1
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not impressive?!?!

Vitor once won the UFC LHW championship by karate chopping a guy's pupil in half. True story.
1/21/13 12:10 PM
JOESONDO
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
1/21/13 12:13 PM
orcus

Basically nobody in the sport has impressive wins except Fedor as far as I'm concerned.

1/21/13 12:13 PM
orcus

And to be honest I'm not sure about him because the guys he beat didn't have any impressive wins.

1/21/13 12:19 PM
UGSlapshot

5pointer - Franklin, Wandy, Yvel, Hearing, Lindland... these are a few solid wins
Wand is a solid win so was Rich and akiyama the rest eh not bad but not great fighters either. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:27 PM
Elite Hunting

How is an obvious troll thread allowed to exist for so long today? Why is the OP not banned for shit like this?
1/21/13 12:29 PM
sniper1026

UH! Vanderlei Silva first UFC Brazil!

When did you start watching Mixed Martial Arts?

When it first was broadcast on Fox???
1/21/13 12:40 PM
XcessiveZ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumble Johnson is a decent win as well.6-1 in his last 7, Vitor being the one loss. Phone Post
1/21/13 12:45 PM
mestregruber
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have always thought that if he had beaten Chuck and Tito (both very close fights), then Vitor's career would be looked at in a totally different light. Phone Post
1/21/13 5:31 PM
Jaybrone
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

johnonguitar7 - 
Got MMAlk -
5pointer - Franklin, Wandy, Yvel, Hearing, Lindland... these are a few solid wins
Even though he has 2 losses to couture his 1 win would be considered impressive to me. If I recall it was for a torn eyelid though. A lot of his losses came during the time his sister disappeared. You could tell he was off. Other than that he has really only lost to the best in each respective time frame. The guy has been fighting guys in the UFC for like 15 or 16 years. Phone Post
Yeah but there's another thread on here just now praising the guy for only losing to hall of fame calibre fighters.... Even though he hasn't beaten any.

He doesn't belong up there with those guys. He's NEVER been good enough yet everyone seems to just go along with the idea that he is one of the good old boys.

He's not. He's a middle tier fighter. Phone Post

HoF level opponents he beat?

Randy

Franklin

Wand

Seriously dude won against some very tough opponents. Don't be a fuckstick he is a UFC tournament winner and back then that shit meant something. He is a former UFC LHW Champ. So in closing you suck OP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.