UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 86: Askren vs Amoussou plus King Mo

1/21/13 4:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Karl has a chance in the first, after that he will be to gassed to catch Ben
1/21/13 6:07 PM
robnashville
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brent Weedman vs. Marius Zaromskis should be an interesting fight from the undercard... Weedman always has impressed me in his previous fights in Bellator, doesn't necessarily have the big name of some but i think he takes Marius in this one..

On Askren, I'm of two minds on the guy... while it is fun to watch him use his unorthodix grappling to tie a guy in pretzels, he has zero desire to finish the fight.. that is one thin i like about Chandler, he uses ground control, but dude has killer instict, as seen in his Hawn and Alvarez...

1/21/13 6:29 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben just has no power, he needs to work the sub game, all chokes
1/21/13 8:35 PM
liquidrob

Ttt
1/22/13 9:02 AM
liquidrob

Thursday night and the MMA media still ignores it....maybe today they can get some coverage
1/22/13 9:12 AM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/22/13 10:48 AM
liquidrob

Looks like a 5 fight main card now

Zaromski and Weedman on the main card now
1/22/13 11:58 AM
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will watch this just for the main event, but there is a high percentage chance of Amoussou getting a 5-round wrestlefucking, and the rest of the card is pretty weak. King Mo's opponent is a joke.

Next week's card is kind of awful and I'll probably skip it.
1/22/13 12:06 PM
liquidrob

How is next week's card awful?
1/22/13 12:14 PM
Tomato Can
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - How is next week's card awful?

There is just nothing particularly interesting on it at all. I often feel this way about Bellator's opening round cards. Probably the best fight on the card is Woodard/Rickels, and I think both guys are decent but not much more than that.
1/22/13 12:19 PM
liquidrob

Will Brooks vs Tirloni is a good fight

Want to see how Tiger looks this time around
1/22/13 12:23 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - I will watch this just for the main event, but there is a high percentage chance of Amoussou getting a 5-round wrestlefucking, and the rest of the card is pretty weak. King Mo's opponent is a joke.

Next week's card is kind of awful and I'll probably skip it.

It doesnt have a big title fight or any stars but imo the LW tournament is the best tournament Bellator has this season.

Brooks/Tirloni, Pitbull, Michel/Tiger is a good fight nad Rickels/Cupcake.

Thats a nice tournament. It just doesnt have a title fight or a big name like Mo on it but its the best tournament this season imo.
1/22/13 12:25 PM
liquidrob

Agreed, really like the guys in the LW tourney this season, glad all 4 fights on the main card
1/22/13 12:30 PM
Tomato Can

Meh, I just don't think Tirloni is that good. He already got crushed by Hawn so I don't really see him as a LW contender who could eventually challenge Chandler. If Brooks is nearly as good as his DREAM fight indicated he should handle him pretty easily.

A lot of these guys don't strike me as being any better than the TUF alums that people always bitch about on UFC cards. That's why I usually skip the opening tournament rounds.
1/22/13 12:50 PM
Bry Bry

i somewhat enjoy watching Askren fight because he had weird style of wrestling and its top level..i want to see him grow and evolve in mma but i think thats hard to do fighting once a year
1/22/13 2:31 PM
liquidrob

Snice they're on spike now they said they will be running more tourneys so the champs should be fighting more

Curran already has Straus and the winner of the FW next month

Chandler has Held/Jansen winner and this season LW winner

M'Pumbu has Veigh and this tourney which already started

Askren Thursday plus WWs start the same night

Duda vs Galvao, they need another BW tourney and HW tourney started
1/22/13 2:32 PM
liquidrob

Falcao vs Storm in a couple weeks for the MW title

BW, MW and HW need tournaments started next
1/22/13 2:36 PM
Tomato Can

Definitely looking forward to their first few cards in February:

2/7 - Shlemenko/Falcao

2/14 - Galvao/Dantas

2/21 - Martinez/Shamhalaev
1/22/13 2:48 PM
Chris27

liquidrob - Snice they're on spike now they said they will be running more tourneys so the champs should be fighting more

Curran already has Straus and the winner of the FW next month

Chandler has Held/Jansen winner and this season LW winner

M'Pumbu has Veigh and this tourney which already started

Askren Thursday plus WWs start the same night

Duda vs Galvao, they need another BW tourney and HW tourney started

Koreshkov is next for Ben/Karl winner and then you have this season WW tournament starting.

LW has Jansen/Held, this tournament and possibly Eddie.

BW and HW will be a problem though, HW has a champ but no contender right now and no tournament set, figure HW is in the summer along with BW but that would mean Volkov wont defend his title until the fall. BW will be defended in a few weeks but they also have no contender set so its the same thing, wont defend the title until the fall assuming they do a BW tournament in the summer along with HW.

1/22/13 2:55 PM
liquidrob

Thanks! Forgot about Kor, like him

Maybe Volvov gets a "super fight" which I'm not big one but he needs to keep busy
1/22/13 2:58 PM
liquidrob

Maybe Duda will take another fight in Brazil...
1/22/13 3:42 PM
Tomato Can

Would love to see Volkov take a superfight against Arlovski, although I'm sure the odds of this happening are next to nil. Someone like Neil Grove is probably more likely.
1/22/13 9:03 PM
liquidrob

Ttt
1/23/13 9:13 AM
liquidrob

Tomorrow night!
1/23/13 11:38 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.