UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Glover Teixeira sparring w/ Lyoto Machida

1/21/13 12:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAinterviews
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Interviews, owner

Feature story on Glover Teixeira with rare highlights of him sparring with Lyoto Machida at Blackhouse! Please subscribe & check out our website for many more videos including recent interviews with Tito Ortiz, Frank Shamrock, Shane Mosley & many more!
1/21/13 1:07 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/21/13 1:23 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
1/21/13 2:25 PM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/21/13 3:33 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool video
1/21/13 3:34 PM
wheeels
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

apparently he's been drinking Machida's urine..
1/21/13 4:00 PM
Kimbos Bread
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida is too mobile Phone Post
1/21/13 4:08 PM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover looks big in comparison.
1/21/13 4:16 PM
shorebreaker420
1028 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be fucked up, if Glover wins and doesn't get the next title shot Phone Post
1/21/13 4:19 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 -  It would be fucked up, if Glover wins and doesn't get the next title shot Phone Post

Winner of Machida vs Henderson should get the title shot, considering it was Dan's anyway. I'm a Machida fan, but it should be Jones vs Henderson.

Also, Gustafsson is more deserving than Glover in my opinion. Glover is for sure in the mix, though.
1/21/13 4:25 PM
ALAR88

3rdLion - Glover looks big in comparison.

He really does
1/21/13 4:29 PM
zazen br

Glover absolutely tooled Lyoto in this video... I'm guessing they obviously just skipped the times Lyoto caught him for this one...
1/21/13 4:32 PM
Tank by gogoplata

zazen br - Glover absolutely tooled Lyoto in this video... I'm guessing they obviously just skipped the times Lyoto caught him for this one...

They were sparring..
1/21/13 4:54 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/21/13 5:01 PM
MostUGersAreGhey

I can't wait to see him mess up Rampage! Seriously can't wait!!
1/21/13 9:49 PM
MMAinterviews

MMA Interviews, owner
zazen br - Glover absolutely tooled Lyoto in this video... I'm guessing they obviously just skipped the times Lyoto caught him for this one...

Of course it was edited to show Glover's skills. We will make a highlight video of Machida as well prior to hit fight & hopefully get an interview like this to go with it. Thanks for the support guys!

1/21/13 10:55 PM
Rusty Shackleford
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/22/13 12:08 AM
MostLegit

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - Even though 90% of me thinks glover will outclass rampage, rampage has a habit of pulling one out of the bag, eg Chuck Lidell, Wand.

Glover SHOULD win.

But also see Rampage pulling out "injured" and getting cut. Phone Post
I agree. Ill be relieved to see Rampage step in the cage. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:56 AM
MMAinterviews

MMA Interviews, owner

Page will fight count on it. Glover WILL win as long as he doesn't get caught by Page's power.

1/22/13 1:04 AM
UGSlapshot

MMAinterviews -

Of course it was edited to show Glover's skills. We will make a highlight video of Machida as well prior to hit fight & hopefully get an interview like this to go with it. Thanks for the support guys!

Editing clips to make a fighter look better than he is...

lame, very lame. Phone Post
1/22/13 1:24 AM
Mayweedz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He he Glover looks good in the vid and Machida looks a little off, but it was just a random sparring session so you can not really tell. It alos looks like Glover was going quite a bit harder and more aggressive while Machida was kind of laid back and was trying to do his lets try to time and rythm stuff while doing some light patty cake sparring.

Hard to really gauge when two people are sparring at different intensities. It is kind of easy to time stuff and enforce your will when there is limited fear of retaliation of getting hit back hard. Kind of like when Machida did a patty cake flying knee on Glover, and Glover went straight to a take down. Can't really tell if that take down would have worked if the knee was was going full force.

What surprises me is that Machida didn't raise the intensity of the sparring. Almost looked like he wanted nothing to do with the sparring, did not want to escalate it, and was just trying to prevent himself from getting injured. I mean who leaves a jab out there to keep and space distance like that during sparring.
1/22/13 7:21 AM
Xavier Wolfe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
MMAinterviews -

Editing clips to make a fighter look better than he is...

lame, very lame. Phone Post
You say that as though it doesn't happen in every MMA video ever made! Good joke :) Phone Post
1/22/13 7:37 AM
Mister Collins
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the video, great to see Chuck again.
1/22/13 10:52 AM
brune90

blackhouse loves obama?
1/22/13 11:29 AM
mje364
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tank by gogoplata -
shorebreaker420 -  It would be fucked up, if Glover wins and doesn't get the next title shot Phone Post

Winner of Machida vs Henderson should get the title shot, considering it was Dan's anyway. I'm a Machida fan, but it should be Jones vs Henderson.

Also, Gustafsson is more deserving than Glover in my opinion. Glover is for sure in the mix, though.
I'd be fine with this. Perhaps if glover wins he fights Gustafson for title shot.
I know when he beat shogun he was told he'd get a title shot but we all know how that goes. Hendricks was recently told the same thing. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.